Crookes WMC -The start of the revolution

21 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Needs starting again!

Not sure what's happend with Wednesdayite.

This is not a critiscm and I'm a member but it's pretty much being run by a couple of people I think. Any requests for people to join the committee has pretty much fallen on deaf ears. I.think they do a good job all.things considered

4 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I’m up for getting involved in this, the Owner was always previously forthcoming in the fans forums I don’t see a reason why he wouldn’t be receptive to a well organised group 

What’s Wednesdayite upto ? Know they do a lot of good stuff with parking etc, any communication channels with the club ? 

Following MM's takeover and us relinquishing our 10%+ of shares we decided to become non political,-  supporters trusts by their definition and rules are political in nature and should under the FSA rules seek share ownership and representation on the club board, we know from past experience that hare ownership causes more issues and division than it solves.

Wednesdayite became very much a supporters group, arranging away coach travel to every game (and being the largest carrier of passengers - regularly taking more than the clubs ICO), running the car park on Penistone Road until the developer needed the land back, sorting a deal to have match day car parking at the college. From our income we make regular donations to SWLFC, SWFCCP(£5,000 per annum for last 4 years), as well as supporting the club via player sponsorship. We also continue to run and fund our Primary schools coaching scheme in association with Tricky wingers , which give free sports coaching in curriculum time to Primary schools near to the ground. 

Up until Dec 18 we had a good relationship with the club and Mr Chansiri being part of the fans forum and also being invited to other  meetings on ideas etc. Despite our request for fans forum meetings on 3-4 times since all we get is "a meeting will be arranged soon"

We also have representation on the South Yorkshire Police independent advisory group , who are trying to help change football policing 

Wednesdayite are members of the FSA , but aren't a supporters trust.

Whilst we wish the new trust luck in their ventures , we will not be getting involved for several reasons 

1. Some of the people involved (ex WISA, WOTM ) 
  2.  We don't believe  they can or should replace the wider fans forums the club should be operating , which has representation from all sorts of fans , from all groups , from stands etc.
  3.  Share ownership and board representation , which is a primary aim of all trusts. https://thefsa.org.uk/our-work/supporter-ownership/ is not always an answer and we don't believe its and answer for SWFC,
  4. The remaining board - 3 members - do not have the time that you need to dedicate to being involved in a trust (minimum of 10 hours per week on average

Edited by pahowl
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, pahowl said:

Following MM's takeover and us relinquishing our 10%+ of shares we decided to become non political,-  supporters trusts by their definition and rules are political in nature and should under the FSA rules seek share ownership and representation on the club board, we know from past experience that hare ownership causes more issues and division than it solves.

Wednesdayite became very much a supporters group, arranging away coach travel to every game (and being the largest carrier of passengers - regularly taking more than the clubs ICO), running the car park on Penistone Road until the developer needed the land back, sorting a deal to have match day car parking at the college. From our income we make regular donations to SWLFC, SWFCCP(£5,000 per annum for last 4 years), as well as supporting the club via player sponsorship. We also continue to run and fund our Primary schools coaching scheme in association with Tricky wingers , which give free sports coaching in curriculum time to Primary schools near to the ground. 

Up until Dec 18 we had a good relationship with the club and Mr Chansiri being part of the fans forum and also being invited to other  meetings on ideas etc. Despite our request for fans forum meetings on 3-4 times since all we get is "a meeting will be arranged soon"

We also have representation on the South Yorkshire Police independent advisory group , who are trying to help change football policing 

Whilst we wish the new trust luck in their ventures , we will not be getting involved for several reasons 

2.  We don't believe  they can or should replace the wider fans forums the club should be operating , which has representation from all sorts of fans , from all groups , from stands etc.
  3.  Share ownership and board representation , which is a primary aim of all trusts. https://thefsa.org.uk/our-work/supporter-ownership/ is not always an answer and we don't believe its and answer for SWFC,
  4. The remaining board - 3 members - do not have the time that you need to dedicate to being involved in a trust (minimum of 10 hours per week on average

Thanks for the update, I wasn’t fully aware of the sketch , seems you do some valuable work especially with the match day parking

Share ownership I agree is not something I think would work, nor do I think DC would entertain it , and am not a fan of hearing its old WiSA boys getting involved

I think if this was to work it 100% needs to be fresh blood 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Thanks for the update, I wasn’t fully aware of the sketch , seems you do some valuable work especially with the match day parking

Share ownership I agree is not something I think would work, nor do I think DC would entertain it , and am not a fan of hearing its old WiSA boys getting involved

I think if this was to work it 100% needs to be fresh blood 

Isn’t the plan that completely open elections are held very soon meaning that the board would be as fresh as the trust members wanted it to be? 

Also , on the fans forums , while I agree the club should be holding them I think it’s something that needs a bit of work first and an actual plan of action put into place 

A haphazard free for all in Sheridan suite for me doesn’t work, with greatest respect they turn into a bit of a farce with some of questions/issues raised 

2 minutes ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Isn’t the plan that completely open elections are held very soon meaning that the board would be as fresh as the trust members wanted it to be? 

Good stuff, haven’t read there whole plan of action to be fair 

https://swfcst.carrd.co/#faq

Seems like the plan is to get this established then see who comes forward from the membership to eventually take board positions on the trust.

So doesn’t really matter who helps set it up as there are no guarantees they stay on the board?

Ideally it could do with some people with expertise and experience getting involved and elected to make it really useful.

3 hours ago, pahowl said:

Can’t argue with any of that

ALSO the fact that ex WISA folk are looking to become involved running this new fans group I have to say I wish it all the luck in the world but I’m also out and won’t be attending this new meeting thingy

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Lord Nilsson said:

https://swfcst.carrd.co/#faq

Seems like the plan is to get this established then see who comes forward from the membership to eventually take board positions on the trust.

So doesn’t really matter who helps set it up as there are no guarantees they stay on the board?

Ideally it could do with some people with expertise and experience getting involved and elected to make it really useful.

NAH....

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mkowl

Tbf sometimes people have to put their head above a parapet to see who else is interested in getting involved. 

The WTID stuff initial move came from me on here but gained traction because other folk had talked about it but not moved forward. 

So if you are interested go to the meeting and get involved

11 minutes ago, mkowl said:

What was the issue with WiSA ?

Genuine question as it may be before I got involved in this shizzle

Toothless, ineffective, small thinking.

Really very nice people but ultimately the organisation was too flawed.

Ended up just being pointless. couple of blokes in a pub.

Like I say nice people with good intentions but overall a real waste of time

Owlstalk Shop