Crowd tonight.

2 minutes ago, torres said:

The same 2015 season when we had people moaning about prices  - which was a valid complaint (although we had a higher average than most other recent seasons) yet still sold 42k for a VERY overpriced trip to wembley?

Is that the 2015 you are on about??

It’s about value for people who can afford it. If people think something is over priced they won’t pay. A Wembley final is clearly different from a league game against Wigan. And telling them they should drink less beer to save the extra cash won’t have any impact whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Well well well …………. It's up there as the most condescending, smug, upyourownarse, look at me post of the day!

If only we all had your foresight!

Just stating fact - if you wanna trawl through my past posts they are largely bemoaning the fact that we are ripping off our own fans and taking their support for granted - and may I point out I'm not the only one that's ever said this. It's just that now there is a growing groundswell of opinion that matches mine and the time is right to demand some sort of action against it.

Face the facts, we are a mid-table division 2 team and have been for 20 years (give or take flirtations with the 3rd division). On the back of the astronomic price rises back in 2015 we were promised champagne football and to be challenging at the right end of the table. For the last 3 years we've been closer to relegation than promotion and have seen zero proper investment in the playing squad since the ill-fated Rhodes transfer. Yet, we are still paying the highest prices in the division while watching some absolutely turgid stuff. We are losing a generation of football fans who have access at their fingertips to all games played by top clubs while we continue to charge £40 to watch Atdhe Nuhiu (note: I could have inserted any number of player names here). 

We should have the best Football in the Community scheme, the most inclusive student scheme, the best family packages available, because we have a half empty stadium to fill. But do we engage in any of this? Why isn't the Lower Lep given away to schoolkids like it used to in the 90's - you never know 1 or 2 might get the bug. There is zero thinking outside the box or attempts at fan engagement - our social media is a joke.

The whole club needs a bloody good shakedown and unless the reigns are released by Chansiri then I'm afraid it might wither away and die.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, torres said:

The same 2015 season when we had people moaning about prices  - which was a valid complaint (although we had a higher average than most other recent seasons) yet still sold 42k for a VERY overpriced trip to wembley?

Is that the 2015 you are on about??

No flies on you pal!

The fact you think you can justify the continued high prices, fan alienation and downright ripping off of your fellow supporters by spouting that we all paid "Wembley prices"...Of course we feckin did! We've only been to Wembley once since 1993 - we might not be going again for another 20 years so of course this can be viewed as a one-off game where prices become largely immaterial.

5 minutes ago, rawsheffield said:

Just stating fact - if you wanna trawl through my past posts they are largely bemoaning the fact that we are ripping off our own fans and taking their support for granted - and may I point out I'm not the only one that's ever said this. It's just that now there is a growing groundswell of opinion that matches mine and the time is right to demand some sort of action against it.

Face the facts, we are a mid-table division 2 team and have been for 20 years (give or take flirtations with the 3rd division). On the back of the astronomic price rises back in 2015 we were promised champagne football and to be challenging at the right end of the table. For the last 3 years we've been closer to relegation than promotion and have seen zero proper investment in the playing squad since the ill-fated Rhodes transfer. Yet, we are still paying the highest prices in the division while watching some absolutely turgid stuff. We are losing a generation of football fans who have access at their fingertips to all games played by top clubs while we continue to charge £40 to watch Atdhe Nuhiu (note: I could have inserted any number of player names here). 

We should have the best Football in the Community scheme, the most inclusive student scheme, the best family packages available, because we have a half empty stadium to fill. But do we engage in any of this? Why isn't the Lower Lep given away to schoolkids like it used to in the 90's - you never know 1 or 2 might get the bug. There is zero thinking outside the box or attempts at fan engagement - our social media is a joke.

The whole club needs a bloody good shakedown and unless the reigns are released by Chansiri then I'm afraid it might wither away and die.

If they put school kids on the lower lep sag would want a least a thousand coppers in full riot gear to police em, so that's off the agenda. It'll cost the club a fortune. 

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It’s about value for people who can afford it. If people think something is over priced they won’t pay. A Wembley final is clearly different from a league game against Wigan. And telling them they should drink less beer to save the extra cash won’t have any impact whatsoever. 

It's all over priced to be fair though

The shirts, the tickets, etc etc  - football in this country is disgusting 

But the same could be said for nights out, holidays, travel, weddings etc 

If you want to do it and can afford it you do it

If you want to do it enough you save up for it.

What is the real alternative??

2 minutes ago, rawsheffield said:

No flies on you pal!

The fact you think you can justify the continued high prices, fan alienation and downright ripping off of your fellow supporters by spouting that we all paid "Wembley prices"...Of course we feckin did! We've only been to Wembley once since 1993 - we might not be going again for another 20 years so of course this can be viewed as a one-off game where prices become largely immaterial.

Season tickets while not the cheapest are by no means earth shatteringly expensive. 

Concession season tickets are very well priced 

Drop season tickets by £50-70 across the board and i think we are not far off

1 minute ago, Drewswfc said:

If they put school kids on the lower lep sag would want a least a thousand coppers in full riot gear to police em, so that's off the agenda. It'll cost the club a fortune. 

😆

Yeah forgot about them 🙄

Point still stands there is plenty of room for them at the West side of the South stand. There is just no joined up thinking coming from the club whatsoever, in whichever capacity you might care to mention - football, marketing, retail, development, engagement. My 80 year old Grandma is better at social media than SWFC.

2 minutes ago, torres said:

It's all over priced to be fair though

The shirts, the tickets, etc etc  - football in this country is disgusting 

But the same could be said for nights out, holidays, travel, weddings etc 

If you want to do it and can afford it you do it

If you want to do it enough you save up for it.

What is the real alternative??

Season tickets while not the cheapest are by no means earth shatteringly expensive. 

Concession season tickets are very well priced 

Drop season tickets by £50-70 across the board and i think we are not far off

Season tickets are only value for money if you can guarantee going to the vast majority of the games. Once you start to miss games, and midweek games are prime example for me personally with work, then the value for money aspect becomes less and less so.

Another thing, the only reason people state that Season tickets deliver value for money is because they are basing it against the abhorrent costs for attending matches POTG. Anything around £600 for a ST would seem value for money when compared against 23 x £35 (£35 being a rough average for POTG non-member) which totals £805.

Some blue sky thinking is required as well as engagement with the fan base. It really is not that difficult if at the very least you are willing to admit you got it wrong the first time around - it's just a shame we have a mega-lo-maniac as a chairman!

3 minutes ago, rawsheffield said:

Season tickets are only value for money if you can guarantee going to the vast majority of the games. Once you start to miss games, and midweek games are prime example for me personally with work, then the value for money aspect becomes less and less so.

Another thing, the only reason people state that Season tickets deliver value for money is because they are basing it against the abhorrent costs for attending matches POTG. Anything around £600 for a ST would seem value for money when compared against 23 x £35 (£35 being a rough average for POTG non-member) which totals £805.

Some blue sky thinking is required as well as engagement with the fan base. It really is not that difficult if at the very least you are willing to admit you got it wrong the first time around - it's just a shame we have a mega-lo-maniac as a chairman!

So you only want to go to a few games, only on saturdays and only at 3, but want the best value each time.

Seems reasonable enough.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, torres said:

So you only want to go to a few games, only on saturdays and only at 3, but want the best value each time.

Seems reasonable enough.

And there we have it. Part of the problem right there.

Maybe you'll be happy rattling around S6 with several thousand die-hards in a few years stating "by eck, remember those so-called fans who wanted cheaper tickets, I'm glad we got rid of them, lots easier to get to the bar at half time and to stretch our legs".

Disgusting.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rawsheffield said:

And there we have it. Part of the problem right there.

Maybe you'll be happy rattling around S6 with several thousand die-hards in a few years stating "by eck, remember those so-called fans who wanted cheaper tickets, I'm glad we got rid of them, lots easier to get to the bar at half time and to stretch our legs".

Disgusting.

I wish season tickets were cheaper  - that is DC'S biggest downfall

A good business rewards loyalty/core customers (we don't really do it at the minute)

People see the benefits of being loyal  - the core increases, the business grows.

The one off's get it in the neck price wise most of the time. 

I for one won't argue with the principle behind what DC is trying to do, in terms of increase the season ticket base - he just has in done it really really poorly in practice 

I doubt any club panders to the one off brigade like you seem to want 

12 minutes ago, torres said:

I wish season tickets were cheaper  - that is DC'S biggest downfall

A good business rewards loyalty/core customers (we don't really do it at the minute)

People see the benefits of being loyal  - the core increases, the business grows.

The one off's get it in the neck price wise most of the time. 

I for one won't argue with the principle behind what DC is trying to do, in terms of increase the season ticket base - he just has in done it really really poorly in practice 

I doubt any club panders to the one off brigade like you seem to want 

The highest crowd so far this season is 28,028 against Barnsley for the first home game. It doesn’t look like we’ll beat that now either.

In the last 40 years there’s only been 3 other seasons where we didn’t get a crowd above 28k all season. Those years were 2003, 2011 and 2014.

Over 36k turned up for the last game of the season in 2008 against Norwich. Do you think we’d get a crowd like that now for a similar game?

1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

The highest crowd so far this season is 28,028 against Barnsley for the first home game. It doesn’t look like we’ll beat that now either.

In the last 40 years there’s only been 3 other seasons where we didn’t get a crowd above 28k all season. Those years were 2003, 2011 and 2014.

Over 36k turned up for the last game of the season in 2008 against Norwich. Do you think we’d get a crowd like that now for a similar game?

36K is a pipe dream now with the police etc but given that i think we would get crowds like that if we were pushing for a top spot, a game against the pigs or something like that.

I think that Norwich game in question was a cheap game at the end of the season

Do you think we wouldn't??

3 minutes ago, torres said:

36K is a pipe dream now with the police etc but given that i think we would get crowds like that if we were pushing for a top spot, a game against the pigs or something like that.

Could get a big crowd if the final game v Boro is a relegation decider post points deduction :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, torres said:

I’m not sure the one off brigade would turn up now as is being shown with the sales for the City game. The Norwich game was cheap tickets from what I remember and we had to win to stay up. 

I guess we’ll only find out if there’s anything still riding on the last game of the season against Boro

7 minutes ago, torres said:

It was a cheap game - the club wanted to fill the ground because we could have been relegated if we lost.. How likely would that be now I wonder. 

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Someone in admin eh?

Irrefutable then!

No just factual. No slight on our fans. Think it's good that many are showing their disgust at Chansiri and his whole handling of the club. Having not missed a home game for years I wasn't going to let him screw up my record.