Crowd tonight.

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It was a cheap game - the club wanted to fill the ground because we could have been relegated if we lost.. How likely would that be now I wonder. 

on the flip side if you were a Wednesday fan who hadn't been all season would you go to that match to give your support?

If it is deemed ok to spend £100+ for a one off game at Wembley i suppose £38-£45 is a snip for a one off game at Hillsborough 

27 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

The highest crowd so far this season is 28,028 against Barnsley for the first home game. It doesn’t look like we’ll beat that now either.

In the last 40 years there’s only been 3 other seasons where we didn’t get a crowd above 28k all season. Those years were 2003, 2011 and 2014.

Over 36k turned up for the last game of the season in 2008 against Norwich. Do you think we’d get a crowd like that now for a similar game?

Well said and researched.

• Thanks 1

Just now, torres said:

on the flip side if you were a Wednesday fan who hadn't been all season would you go to that match to give your support?

If it is deemed ok to spend £100+ for a one off game at Wembley i suppose £38-£45 is a snip for a one off game at Hillsborough 

Seems to me saying we're a bit poo but as both a gesture of thanks and in an effort to put bums on seats tickets are a tenner is a good thing to do for the "Wednesday family". But then I'm a big softie football fan not a top businessman/robdog (take your pick).  

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Seems to me saying we're a bit poo but as both a gesture of thanks and in an effort to put bums on seats tickets are a tenner is a good thing to do for the "Wednesday family". But then I'm a big softie football fan not a top businessman/robdog (take your pick).  

Gesture of thanks to who??

51 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

No just factual. No slight on our fans. Think it's good that many are showing their disgust at Chansiri and his whole handling of the club. Having not missed a home game for years I wasn't going to let him screw up my record.

Of course it is!

Last night's attendance must have set a new record in the 153 year history of SWFC...the lowest ever number of match tickets sold to Wednesday fans. 

Given the reported number of season tickets and away supporters in attendance the Wednesday fans that bought a match ticket for last night's match can barely have hit three figures. No wonder Chansiri is constantly coming up with new schemes to try and mortgage future ticket income to pay the bills, he has no current income...

Edited by kobayashi
  • Haha 2

Guest Grez Bez

- Prices are extortionate

- The facilities are rubbish

- It's freezing bith in and out the stadium

- We haven't been very good

Now if you remove your loyalty to the club fir a second then you'd never go based on the above.

46 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Last night's attendance must have set a new record in the 153 year history of SWFC...the lowest ever number of match tickets sold to Wednesday fans. 

Given the reported number of season tickets and away supporters in attendance the Wednesday fans that bought a match ticket for last night's match can barely have hit three figures. No wonder Chansiri is constantly coming up with new schemes to try and mortgage future ticket income to pay the bills, he has no current income...

There were definitely a few more there last night than at the Bolton game under Jos, in his penultimate home game. The "official" attendance for that game was lower too, the Boro game which was live on TV on a Friday night had a remarkably sparse home attendance as well, probably even lower than that one. 

This is a photo I took at that Bolton game in the first half, bear in mind that the central sections of the South Stand are/were almost all ST holder seats. 

20181127_200026.thumb.jpg.b9d4ddbe437ad8ab916b9a9f0784ec8f.jpg

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

No idea, but I'm sure you weren't in your usual seat second half! Sounds a bit stalkerish sorry, but I sit near you and only know it's you because I've seen your photo on here. 

Lol sat with a few others on row 32 for the 2nd half ......... say  hello Saturday pal 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

i can never even get a normal data signal, never mind WiFi - always baffled at how everyone else is scolling Sky Bet live results and cashing out of their accas, while I can't even get a bleedin' text to send

:bullen:

Poster on here gave out the internet password for the club. 
There is a way but can’t be shared. @Vulva told everyone about the free parking spaces and now I can’t get in. 
Not making the same mistake. 

Edited by stanningtonowl
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Just read that back to yourself and then answer this, that's our 1st home goal of the year and we are almost in March and you wonder why people seem happy to be giving it a miss.

It's called support. Happy I didn't give it a miss.

14 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Not proud just stating how fed up we are to have paid but still not gone. Why should we move shifts, finish early and lose hours from work, sort childcare, put holidays in so we can see games when the players/manager/owner are taking the wee wee. The football at Hillsborough this season has been absolutely appalling. 

Proud? no, happy we won? yes, happy i didn't go? yes.

Why. We played well, much better defensively and created loads of chances. If you are happy you missed that then not sure why you bothered getting a season ticket in the first place.

9 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Apart from not liking Chansiri what have I done to upset you? Called for moderation of language on slagging Westwood and Hutch? Is that bad? Advised against pre-judging Chanstri negatively when it comes to the EFL's case against us. Is that Grade A bellendness? went last night despite the ball acheness of getting out of Leeds at rush hour and trekking back north after the game. Is that bad?

Having to go back towards Leeds? Yes that bit is bad, I feel for you!

8 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Do you not think posts like these and casbah’s divide the fans? What happened to wawaw?

People can have a different view to yours about DC and the prices. You don’t have to abuse them, they still want the club to do well

Ask the people who don't go but want to tell all and sundry that they don't go as if its a badge of honour.