Crowd tonight.

13 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Always one for the emotive cliched sound bite.

Not sure which Champagne you drink, can't be great @ 20 quid.

Strange response. 

Whichever way you spin this we are playing football in half empty decaying stadium, in court as a result of ffp issues and staring down the barrel of League 1 due to a possible points deduction. 

That’s the facts. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Strange response. 

Whichever way you spin this we are playing football in half empty decaying stadium, in court as a result of ffp issues and staring down the barrel of League 1 due to a possible points deduction. 

That’s the facts. 

Only the facts for those able to see them.

Denial is sometimes more comforting.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Only the facts for those able to see them.

Denial is sometimes more comforting.

A few on here just add smilies. I think some subjects are a bit deep and intellectual for them. Can someone start a thread on Ozzie Owl or Cakeball that they can get stuck into?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Strange response. 

That’s the facts. 

Sorry. I thought we were discussing whether £20 was “extortionate”, nothing more, nothing less.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Strange response. 

That’s the facts. 

The facts are that we've been the same for the last 20 years and in all the time you've been on here you've slagged the club off...FFP is just the latest stick to beat the club with...vulva by name...

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

The facts are that we've been the same for the last 20 years and in all the time you've been on here you've slagged the club off...FFP is just the latest stick to beat the club with...vulva by name...

Anyway, Ozzie Owl?

Guest Grez Bez
3 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

"Most Wednesday fans" have season tickets. 21,500 season tickets, average crowd 23,500 ish.

No, most Wednesday fans who go have season tickets. Most Wednesdayites do not by some distance. If you think selling 2k tickets each game (outside of season tickets) isn't a problem then we have wildy differing views on our ambition for Wednesday.

And please don't tout the usual cr*p that "if ticket prices were cheaper we'd fill the ground". 

Never did. Never would

The other night if tickets had been a tenner a piece, I bet there wouldn't have been an extra 500 turn out. 

Pure guesswork, neither you or I know if there'd be n extra 500 or 50000. I know I'd have gone.

On the other hand if it was a play off leg and prices were the same (or more) the ground would be full.

Crowds are mainly dictated by what's happening on the field & massively less so by prices.

Yeah, I said that in my original post "We are playing poorly"

The 'moral' case around pricing is open to argument but i'm not convinced the economic argument is.

I agree, I actually think if you lower prices you lose income. IE: I don't think you'd get the number in the door needed to cover the lower prices.

The problem with that is its a short term view. If we continue to charge top whack for POTG tickets we lose fans who go which is devastating to the club. When you've broken the habit its hard to get back into it; particularly when you can watch at home for free.

6 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I was responding to the argument that ALL prices were extortionate. 

I argued season tickets on the Kop @ £20 were clearly NOT extortionate.

I used the fact that £20 was the default acceptable amount according to the "Twenty is plenty" lobby which seems to validate my point that £20 is therefore clearly not "extortionate", regardless of the fact they are talking about MAXIMUM pricing.  

If £20 is the 'acceptable' amount, it clearly cannot at the same time be classed as "extortionate" by people who want to generalise & exaggerate about pricing.

The cost of POTG at S6 is a separate argument, but it is far more convenient to generalise on pricing across the board to enhance the "ALL Pricing is extortionate" argument.

It’s expensive for a season ticket in the cheapest part of the ground. It may not be “extortionate” but it means twenty’s plenty can’t apply anywhere else of STs or POTG. It should be the most expensive ST not the cheapest. 

And to to sum it up no flipping Hendos in the North Stand today. This pathetic owner does not understand Sheffielders. 

38 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It’s expensive for a season ticket in the cheapest part of the ground. It may not be “extortionate” but it means twenty’s plenty can’t apply anywhere else of STs or POTG. It should be the most expensive ST not the cheapest. 

And to to sum it up no flipping Hendos in the North Stand today. This pathetic owner does not understand Sheffielders. 

That is all I was saying.

Glad you agree.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Casbah, thinBob and the pet mod will be along shortly to tell everyone everything is great, and they love it.

Ever thought of becoming a Barrister?

On second thoughts you'd probably be incapable of understanding a brief & sticking to one argument.

How you equate me arguing that £20 on the Kop "isn't extortionate" to "telling everyone everything is great" about sums up your style of contribution on here. 

5 hours ago, Grez Bez said:

No, most Wednesday fans who go have season tickets. Most Wednesdayites do not by some distance. If you think selling 2k tickets each game (outside of season tickets) isn't a problem then we have wildy differing views on our ambition for Wednesday.

The problem with that is its a short term view. If we continue to charge top whack for POTG tickets we lose fans who go which is devastating to the club. When you've broken the habit its hard to get back into it; particularly when you can watch at home for free.

Nailed it mate.  I’m not sure why it’s so hard for some to understand.

On 28/02/2020 at 12:39, pioowl said:

1st sentence ?? 2nd Ive not seen or heard this ground swill.3rd -Playoffs  and for 2 seasons or so playing some champagne football..Some of the best players for many years.Last sentence just nonsense.

That groundswill (sic - you meant groundswell) is pretty abundant this morning wouldn't you say??

Still...the play off final was reight good innit. 

16 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

That is all I was saying.

Glad you agree.

Actually I’ve had a rethink and I think the ST prices are too high and in percentage terms they are extortionate - which is after all a subjective term. There’s no definitive statistical cut off.