Crowd tonight.

Just now, pat blondeau said:

Do you not think posts like these and casbah’s divide the fans? What happened to wawaw?

People can have a different view to yours about DC and the prices. You don’t have to abuse them, they still want the club to do well

I think he's not having a go at opinions as much as being annoyed by the people seemingly wallowing in not attending 

22 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Whoa whoa, steady!!!

Don’t spoil the unwritten mantra.

You’ll need ‘re-educating’ that any & all ills are solely & irrefutably a product of the prices.

Please note also (for future reference). When scoring points re the ‘pricing’ argument. Always refer to the all encompassing  term “prices”.

Never, I repeat NEVER’ refer to it as POTG PRICES. Otherwise the illusion that EVERYONE who enters the hollowed terraces of S6 is being mercilessly ripped off is totally destroyed.

Casually throwing “45 quid to watch second division football” is also a good vote winner.

Come on mate, get with the programme. 

No sorry,dont want to join it. I am far too old and wise( I think anyway) to learn anything from anyone about the OWLS.

34 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Whoa whoa, steady!!!

Don’t spoil the unwritten mantra.

You’ll need ‘re-educating’ that any & all ills are solely & irrefutably a product of the prices.

Please note also (for future reference). When scoring points re the ‘pricing’ argument. Always refer to the all encompassing  term “prices”.

Never, I repeat NEVER’ refer to it as POTG PRICES. Otherwise the illusion that EVERYONE who enters the hollowed terraces of S6 is being mercilessly ripped off is totally destroyed.

Casually throwing “45 quid to watch second division football” is also a good vote winner.

Come on mate, get with the programme

Also over priced... not really but i just fancied getting involved. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I honestly believe that the 'Cost' card has been grossly over-played. There are far more factors involved, not the least being the fact that MUCH of Wednesday's fan-base is not locally based. In any case, the most important factor on the crowd is the KO time, or more importantly the finish /end of match time. |Invariably, mid-week fixtures have always been less well supported than the Sat. fixtures.mainly due to commitments elsewhere (work etc) Another important factor is the weather. Many loyal fans hve a minimum 60 min journey  AFTER the end of the game, and live in areas far less accessible than 'local' fans, where roads are often inaccessible late at night.

This does not take into account the fact that the team is on a poor run of form at present.

I wonder about this too. I 100% understand that many can't afford it full stop, and that's absolutely fair enough. Obviously there will always be a few bornerline cases for whom the extra few quid we charge just pushes it over the affordable limit, too - again, fair enough.

I guess my issue is I tend to hear a lot of what sounds like 'princples' talk about ticket prices, when almost everyone I see on matchdays - many of whom must be more sporadic attendees - seems perfectly willing to chuck plenty about on sundry expenses. If you can technically afford to go, but choose not to because the tickets are £6 more than nearly everywhere else, presumably you've always been just as fastidious about spending nothing on any other unneccessary aspect of the matchday experience? Again, fair enough if so. But if you pay to park nearer the ground than strictly necessary, get beer or chips on the way in, tea and a Yorkie at half time, whatever...well, that's easily the best part of a tenner you didn't need to spend.

Not telling anyone how they SHOULD spend their money, of course. I'm just saying it's weird that so many seem to feel an extra 15-20% on an already overpriced football ticket is a complete outrage, but dropping the same £6 at the chippy with a fridge full of food at home is no bother.

Also, I'm categorically not defending the fact that our prices are so high, in both actual and relative terms. Of course it's an outrageous price tag for what you actually get, but that's already true everywhere else - even at grounds who charge a bit less. The cost of watching Championship football ANYWHERE has been nuts for years now.

I just find it hard to argue that the actual amount more we charge is SO offensive compared to all the others; in reality, it's all a bit of a grim joke and an expensive frustrating hobby.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beany71 said:

I went last night and took my I pad so I could watch it on the red button at the same time. Do I get double points?lol

i can never even get a normal data signal, never mind WiFi - always baffled at how everyone else is scolling Sky Bet live results and cashing out of their accas, while I can't even get a bleedin' text to send

:bullen:

Last night was good support, against a bad team, in freezing weather, midweek & considering the run we were on.

There's a defiant mood creeping in as well. Wednesday till I die was sung a couple of times & the 'fk the EFL' gets louder. Fans proving that despite SAG, EFL, SYP, HMRC, PAYE, M&S, HMV & any other initials frowning on us :biggrin: we'll still be supporting, in whatever league or however many points we have. 

It all boils down to going to watch the team win. Balls to the stuffed shirt authorities.

• Like 2

Well well well...Seems like the penny is finally dropping for some.

The 'Chansiri Model' of pricing for tickets is not sustainable for continued growth of attendances. I've only been spouting this since the first pricing template was launched by Chansiri prior to the Bristol City game back in 2015. You can only ever get away with prohibitively high ticket prices if the product on the pitch is sufficiently good enough for the paying public to acknowledge the correlation between cost and product. As soon as this is eroded then expect attendances to fall, apathy to set in, and a runaway train of dipping attendances until one of either two things happen...

1) The product on the pitch significantly improves to make it appear that throwing £40 on a 2nd division game is worthwhile, or...

2) The real genuine initiative to lower prices coupled with a determined drive to re-engage with lost fans is comprehensively delivered by the club hierarchy. 

For No.1 to happen that would mean a complete reversal of what we've had to endure for the last 3 years. And for No.2 to happen would be for Chansiri to admit he was wrong and to re-stratagise and re-engage with the fan base.

No.1 would realistically take 2-3 years seeing as a complete squad re-build is required.

No.2 can be done tomorrow.

Rest assured that if nothing changes, then the only people still attending S6 on a regular basis will be the "I'm alright jacks" who are happy to watch 'Rome' burn while taking the moral high ground.

6 minutes ago, rawsheffield said:

The 'Chansiri Model' of pricing for tickets is not sustainable for continued growth of attendances. I've only been spouting this since the first pricing template was launched by Chansiri prior to the Bristol City game back in 2015. You can only ever get away with prohibitively high ticket prices if the product on the pitch is sufficiently good enough for the paying public to acknowledge the correlation between cost and product. As soon as this is eroded then expect attendances to fall, apathy to set in, and a runaway train of dipping attendances until one of either two things happen...

1) The product on the pitch significantly improves to make it appear that throwing £40 on a 2nd division game is worthwhile, or...

2) The real genuine initiative to lower prices coupled with a determined drive to re-engage with lost fans is comprehensively delivered by the club hierarchy. 

For No.1 to happen that would mean a complete reversal of what we've had to endure for the last 3 years. And for No.2 to happen would be for Chansiri to admit he was wrong and to re-stratagise and re-engage with the fan base.

No.1 would realistically take 2-3 years seeing as a complete squad re-build is required.

Rest assured that if nothing changes, then the only people still attending S6 on a regular basis will be the "I'm alright jacks" who are happy to watch 'Rome' burn while taking the moral high ground.

So because some people can't be bothered - everyone should stop going???

1 minute ago, torres said:

So because some people can't be bothered - everyone should stop going???

Nowhere in my post did I say that. But come one... the tone on here even going wayyyyyy back to 2015 was that as long as some people could afford the prices and attend games regardless of price - then to hell with the rest of the fan base.

That is the behaviour and thinking that has to stop immediately.

if only we had a representative fan group that could comment on club decisions and hold them to account every now and again when deemed necessary?!

9 minutes ago, rawsheffield said:

Well well well …………. It's up there as the most condescending, smug, upyourownarse, look at me post of the day!

If only we all had your foresight!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rawsheffield said:

Nowhere in my post did I say that. But come one... the tone on here even going wayyyyyy back to 2015 was that as long as some people could afford the prices and attend games regardless of price - then to hell with the rest of the fan base.

That is the behaviour and thinking that has to stop immediately.

if only we had a representative fan group that could comment on club decisions and hold them to account every now and again when deemed necessary?!

The same 2015 season when we had people moaning about prices  - which was a valid complaint (although we had a higher average than most other recent seasons) yet still sold 42k for a VERY overpriced trip to wembley?

Is that the 2015 you are on about??

7 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Excellent post!

It’s so sad that those grade A bellends you speak of have found a home on OT.

There’s a cabal of misery consisting of about 20 names (but in reality only 5 actual living breathing people) who’ve been allowed to infest this site and actually delight in our current plight to the detriment of a once decent forum!

You should report these 5 posters then as that’s against site rules. @roaminowl is a dab hand at weeding them out.