Crowd tonight.

20 hours ago, Grez Bez said:

I agree, I actually think if you lower prices you lose income. IE: I don't think you'd get the number in the door needed to cover the lower prices.

The problem with that is its a short term view. If we continue to charge top whack for POTG tickets we lose fans who go which is devastating to the club. When you've broken the habit its hard to get back into it; particularly when you can watch at home for free.

There’s only been one other year in the last 40 seasons when we’ve been in the top two leagues and haven’t had a crowd above 28k all season.

That means there’s thousands of fans who in previous seasons have gone to Hillsborough at least once who haven’t been at all this season.

And it’s being shown in the sales for the City game. I don’t know when the next time will be that we get a crowd above 28k. Will it happen with Chansiri in charge?

On 28/02/2020 at 14:26, bigthinrob said:

You see you’re just spouting the same Old mantra

”Prices are extortionate”.

Would you say prices for the vast majority are extortionate?

It cost £20.00 for us on the Kop, £11.00 for my older mate & a few quid for kids.

Are you classing this as “extortionate” or are you just spouting the same old sh*t that you’ve read on here?

If you think that IS extortionate, what amount would you deem economically acceptable because it was my understanding that the “Twenty is plenty” campaign seems to think that is more than acceptable.

Yeah it was cold. Obviously used to be loads warmer before DC took over!!!!

”We haven’t been any good”!   Again, all those glory years before DC ruined it.

Maybe, just maybe, with the exception of the habitually successful few, watching sh*t, freezing your bol***ks off, queuing for a pi*s, is what football is.

My opinion is that you've been conditioned into thinking £20 per game for a ST on the Kop "isn't extortionate" by comparing them to the disgraceful POTG prices.

Fact is that our season tickets now cost 40% more than they did 5 years ago (my ST in the North Stand used to work out at £17 per game, now it's £24 - which was a sharp rather than gradually implemented increase) and are probably the most expensive in the league, which certainly isn't reflected in what we get in return. 

"Twenty is plenty" refers to POTG prices, season tickets should always be commensurately lower. 

21 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Actually I’ve had a rethink and I think the ST prices are too high and in percentage terms they are extortionate - which is after all a subjective term. There’s no definitive statistical cut off. 

Ah right.

"In Percentage terms they are extortionate".

You should have said.

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

My opinion is that you've been conditioned into thinking £20 per game for a ST on the Kop "isn't extortionate" by comparing them to the disgraceful POTG prices.

Fact is that our season tickets now cost 40% more than they did 5 years ago (my ST in the North Stand used to work out at £17 per game, now it's £24 - which was a sharp rather than gradually implemented increase) and are probably the most expensive in the league, which certainly isn't reflected in what we get in return. 

"Twenty is plenty" refers to POTG prices, season tickets should always be commensurately lower. 

Yeah you're probably right, I've been conditioned / brain washed / deceived by DC into thinking £20 isn't extortionate.

I now realise that £20 is absolutely disgusting and clearly extortionate. 

I can't believe I've been conned into forking out the same again, especially as we haven't qualified for the Champion's league yet again. 

Ps fully aware of the criteria behind Twenty is plenty as discussed ad infinitum in previous posts.

41 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Ah right.

"In Percentage terms they are extortionate".

You should have said.

After I thought about it yes. It’s extortionate for STs. It’s the price POTG home and away fans should pay on the Lep and the Kop.  Having STs at that level means he can’t and I think that’s a very significant issue that can’t just be disregarded with semantics. And of course it’s still twice the equivalent 80s cost. 

Let’s  say ST should give you 4 “free” games. That means it should £380. Pricing them at £460 means they are over 20% more expensive than I think they should be. That is extortionate in my book.

And all in my very humble opinion of course. You may well disagree and that’s mighty fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

After I thought about it yes. It’s extortionate for STs. It’s the price POTG home and away fans should pay on the Lep and the Kop.  Having STs at that level means he can’t and I think that’s a very significant issue that can’t just be disregarded with semantics. And of course it’s still twice the equivalent 80s cost. 

Let’s  say ST should give you 4 “free” games. That means it should £380. Pricing them at £460 means they are over 20% more expensive than I think they should be. That is extortionate in my book.

And all in my very humble opinion of course. You may well disagree and that’s mighty fine. 

😊

9 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

There’s only been one other year in the last 40 seasons when we’ve been in the top two leagues and haven’t had a crowd above 28k all season.

That means there’s thousands of fans who in previous seasons have gone to Hillsborough at least once who haven’t been at all this season.

And it’s being shown in the sales for the City game. I don’t know when the next time will be that we get a crowd above 28k. Will it happen with Chansiri in charge?

It will be when we're either top of league, playing Sheffield United or a game like when we played Wycombe when a win seals promotion. 

There's a few Wednesday fans who work at our place who only ever go to these type of games.

Like Dave Allan said, we've an hardcore 18 to 22,000 who go whatever we're doing but to attract anymore regularly we have to be doing really well.