Crowd tonight.

It could be a tenner...people won't go until Chansiri is gone 

Chansiri could go... people won't go until it's a fiver 

It could be a fiver.... people won't go until xyz 

We have 17k who go. We have c10k who dip in. We have 20k who turn up to a final and make every excuse under the sun not to go instead of being honest and stating they have no intention of going. They'll neg 'true fans'  for stating  it but I'll take the flak.....if you can't be bothered to turn up because we're rubbish, or because of some  pathetic 'moral' stance that is irrelevant because you won't go regardless then don't mock people who do.....it makes you a grade A bellend.

Cue clever comments, true fan, not at those prices, I've been since 70's into  perpetuity......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, debram said:

21k is excellent on a freezing Tuesday night against boring Charlton plus on sky, and with our recent performances well done to those who went tonight. 

No way were there 21K there tonight....Its been a long time since ive seen it so denuded for a league game

I could tell 15 minutes before kick off, when you can hear the turnstiles clicking and its not a minutes silence...you know.

you reap what you sow..................

Having said that...Its great when you get a last gasp winner...and everyone throwing the mental has space to run about in...

I flapped around my aisle like a demented penguin....first time Id been warm all f.ookin' night...

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, big_al1985 said:

We have 17k who go. We have c10k who dip in. We have 20k who turn up to a final and make every excuse under the sun not to go instead of being honest and stating they have no intention of going. They'll neg 'true fans'  for stating  it but I'll take the flak.....if you can't be bothered to turn up because we're rubbish, or because of some  pathetic 'moral' stance that is irrelevant because you won't go regardless then don't mock people who do.....it makes you a grade A bellend.

Cue clever comments, true fan, not at those prices, I've been since 70's into  perpetuity......

Its a leisure activity....True you can try and take the moral high ground by playing the "truefan" card...but thats as false as players kissin' the badge and Bruces dog draggin' him to Newcastle.

Footballs changed...and you aren't going to get fans through the gate on a freezing cold February night, when the Champs league is on the TV ..The game you are going to is on the red button and the club do jack Sh *t to attract fans there.

The prices have hit Wednesday fans...and the odd f.ookin' freebie or cut price won't drag them back..It takes a sustained effort.

I went tonight cos I enjoy going rather than sitting at home....Doesn't make some Wednesday fan any less of a fan cos he would rather watch it on the red button....

It was f.ookin' freezin', it was f.ookin' Charlton and we have been playing crap....Going to the game isn't some underlining of yer loyalty....How many go cos they don't want to?

Not f.ookin' many

I actually saw not one fan in a hair shirt flagellating himself tonight...Bloody tourists

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its a leisure activity....True you can try and take the moral high ground by playing the "truefan" card...but thats as false as players kissin' the badge and Bruces dog draggin' him to Newcastle.

Footballs changed...and you aren't going to get fans through the gate on a freezing cold February night, when the Champs league is on the TV ..The game you are going to is on the red button and the club do jack Sh *t to attract fans there.

The prices have hit Wednesday fans...and the odd f.ookin' freebie or cut price won't drag them back..It takes a sustained effort.

I went tonight cos I enjoy going rather than sitting at home....Doesn't make some Wednesday fan any less of a fan cos he would rather watch it on the red button....

It was f.ookin' freezin', it was f.ookin' Charlton and we have been playing crap....Going to the game isn't some underlining of yer loyalty....How many go cos they don't want to?

Not f.ookin' many

I actually saw not one fan in a hair shirt flagellating himself tonight...Bloody tourists

Agree in part fella but I disagree about the prices, its affected a very small amount of people because for the bulk, it's an excuse. Just like Dave Allen was, just like megsons brand of football was, just like chansiri is now.

I know a lot of owls who won't go. End of. They'll play every card. They'll make every excuse. They. Will. Not. Go. 

And you know what. It does make them a worse fan, cause they add nothing to the club. The ones who genuinely can't afford it, who won't go because they have bigger priorities, the ones who admit it, fair play. You're honest and I respect them and good on em.

But don't bull56it me you're desperate  to go but it's all because of some cr4p excuse then try and take the pi55 out of people who have bothered and sacrificed, because again, you're a bell end. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, full fathom five said:

7 of us season ticket holders given it a miss tonight.

You almost seem proud of yourself. Delighted I was there to see a much improved performance, a much needed win and our first home goal of the year thanks to our returning talisman.

14 minutes ago, big_al1985 said:

Agree in part fella but I disagree about the prices, its affected a very small amount of people because for the bulk, it's an excuse. Just like Dave Allen was, just like megsons brand of football was, just like chansiri is now.

I know a lot of owls who won't go. End of. They'll play every card. They'll make every excuse. They. Will. Not. Go. 

And you know what. It does make them a worse fan, cause they add nothing to the club. The ones who genuinely can't afford it, who won't go because they have bigger priorities, the ones who admit it, fair play. You're honest and I respect them and good on em.

But don't bull56it me you're desperate  to go but it's all because of some cr4p excuse then try and take the pi55 out of people who have bothered and sacrificed, because again, you're a bell end. 

Desperate?...

Nah...Ive honestly been in the position of not being able to afford it...and you know if you have that for any length of time

You first feel embarrased and guilty about it...You then find something else to do....and then..you start to resent it.

I went 2 seasons after the wife lost her job and could only make the odd game, due to finances...You know what....I stopped missing it..Obviously I still went mental when a last minute winner went in..at home..or at work...But i soon lost the habit of Week in Week out.

It turned back for me when things stabilised and I could afford it again...guess what after having a season ticket since the 70's, and not having one for just the two seasons?

I didn't f.ookin' bother getting one .....I missed the first few games of that season...Then funnily enough ....I was on a morning shift at work and one of the lasses asked me if I could drop her off at Hillsborough for the game...I dropped her off...Then decided to POTG meself....Immediately it all came flooding back.

I reckon If i hadn't have dropped her off at Hillsborough...I would still be an armchair fan now.

Its easy to lose fans..The ones you lose by simply playing crap, will come back...The ones you lose to finance are much harder to drag back...Cos they went WHEN you were playing crap...and THEY get f.ook all back...It breeds a resentment that you have to go through to understand it

Edited by asteener1867
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, big_al1985 said:

Big Al. I'm one of the 10k that dip in and generally agree with your comments.

It's funny, i often read comments on here and think fans negative views on performance etc are a bit OTT. Then i go to a game and come away flippin fuming at times. 

We're all entitled to our views but there has to be some credence given to those that go every week as they feel the true emotion of a win or defeat.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You almost seem proud of yourself. Delighted I was there to see a much improved performance, a much needed win and our first home goal of the year thanks to our returning talisman.

Just read that back to yourself and then answer this, that's our 1st home goal of the year and we are almost in March and you wonder why people seem happy to be giving it a miss.

• Haha 1