• Forestieri
    • Lee
    • Nuhiu
    • Da Cruz
    • Harris
    • Bannan
    • Murphy
    • Wickham

Thought we started game well and Reading goal was against run of play, Harris and Forestieri looked dangerous, Palmer put a brilliant cross in which someone should have been on end of at far post. 

Sending off was a killer though we showed plenty of fight after it and still looked capable of getting something from game until second went in. 

Disappointing result though players did put a shift in, I wouldn't say any player showed a lack of effort yesterday. 

Iorfa my mom. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, torryowl said:

no he isn't  …...I was right behind the second goal and once it was deflected so close too him  he had no chance , the first not sure what you expect him to do when  there bloke is 12 yards out and one on one …..I was in the car  for the pen so cant comment on that . …….

Plenty in the ground disagreed with your analysis if the 2nd goal.

https://www.skysports.com/football/sheff-wed-vs-reading/409742

He has to do better than that, yes it is deflected close to him but it doesn't change direction a great deal and is still in his path, he should be getting his whole body down and behind it, not just the weak hands he went with.

Nuhiu really grafted,FF was doing his best to create and get ojn the end of the few decent passes that came his way,Palmer looked like he didnt want to be the losing captain on his big day and grafted all game,put in a peach of a cross that was just over the head of Da cruz,and a yard in front of the on rushing Nuhiu.

The defence are shocking,Borner looks like his running with lead boots on and Iorfa is allover the shop,thats two pens in a week and he was fast asleep for the through ball that was the 1st goal.

The CM doesnt help,theres no presence and its far too lightweight,we dont win enough 2nd balls,we cant pass further than 5 yards,its very abject and all too easy to pass through.Not a fan of Da Cruz,Murphy at least is industrious and creative and can hold his own,very harsh leaving the kid out of the side in my opinion

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
8 hours ago, mcmigo said:

I feel for da Cruz, he is a young player and is putting it all in ,  but he is way short quality wise. You can’t fault him for having a go.

Agree. There's people on here slaughtering him without any thought for the player. He's cone from abroad which in itself usually means it will take 2 or 3 months to settle in. Instead he's been thrown in at the deep end by Monk into a side in the middle of a terrible run; a side that's changed every week and lacking confidence, organisation and guidance. Never mind let's berate his ability. FFS

11 hours ago, mcmigo said:

I feel for da Cruz, he is a young player and is putting it all in ,  but he is way short quality wise. You can’t fault him for having a go.

Trying to impress, fit in and adapt to the speed and physicality of the division too. Can't be easy for him, but hopefully he must have some talent, that will eventually benefit the team. 

He looks a lot closer to achieving those targets than Connor Wickham right now. I think Wickham would be better getting himself fit for us by playing a few games in the U23s, rather than getting himself fit for Palace to sell, or re-sign for them by getting fit in our first team. Even if that means playing a game for them midweek and the odd subs appearance for thefirst team, because he looks way off at the moment. Theonly problem is that Monk and the rest ofcthe coaching staff are probably frightened of breaking him!

I’ve had 24 hours to calm down.

Dawson 6 

Urgohide 2 (ridiculous challenge for his second yellow)

Iorfa 4

Borner 4

Palmer 5

Da Cruz 1 (raffle ticket winner, never been a footballer)

Lee 2 (should have released in the summer, finished at this level, offers nothing)

Pulupessy 2 (dreadful)

Harris 4

Nuhiu 3 

Forestieri 4

• Thanks 1

Been away in Norwegian mountains without mobile reception and only saw the instagram match recap/photo from the club first which said "10 man Wednesday defeated..." which made me wonder if it was due to Pelupessy playing or whether we had a man sent off. Seems it was both and it really should've said 9-man Wednesday...

On 16/02/2020 at 20:35, N0rtherner said:

Been away in Norwegian mountains without mobile reception and only saw the instagram match recap/photo from the club first which said "10 man Wednesday defeated..." which made me wonder if it was due to Pelupessy playing or whether we had a man sent off. Seems it was both and it really should've said 9-man Wednesday...

How do you know? You didn’t see the match. Pelupessy was rubbish but there was at least eight other players just as bad. For example: Börner and Iorfa just allowed the first goal-scorer to run freely through the massive hole in the middle of our defence and slot the ball home. What about when Iorfa brought down their player for the penalty? Don’t get me wrong, I think Iorfa and Börner are excellent players but it could be argued that both of those contributed more to the loss than Pelupessy did. Should the headline have read “7 man Wednesday...”? Where do we stop?!!