Reach, Fletcher, Luongo, Fox - Update?

7 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Sometimes players become better players when they’re out of the side. That’s what’s happened with these 4.

What would you do with the new loan players now? I’ve no idea what team he picks on Saturday but think he should go back to the 4-4-2 that was working alright 

A good question and one that occurred to me too.

Would you rather start Fletcher or Wickham, Reach or Da Cruz, Luongo or Windass? 

I suppose a Luongo-Bannan-Windass midfield is possibly a decent shout.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Would you rather start Fletcher or Wickham, Reach or Da Cruz, Luongo or Windass? 

Our best .... unfrozen...side might just be

Dawson......

Palmer Iorfa Borner Fox

Reach Bannan Luongo Harris

Fletcher Wickham

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Sometimes players become better players when they’re out of the side. That’s what’s happened with these 4.

What would you do with the new loan players now? I’ve no idea what team he picks on Saturday but think he should go back to the 4-4-2 that was working alright 

Really??

- Fletcher had the best average rating this season of any player prior to getting injured, was scoring goals in a shocking team. 

- Reach has an assist rate that’s better than Bannans, scores goals too, good engine. 

Fox has been me consistent for us this season and his attacking threat has increased to boot. 

Luongo is a bit of an unknown but surely a box to box all round midfield player is a better option than our limited players of Bannan & Joey... he may not be better than those two in one area of his game but his all round game supersedes both by miles.  

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Windass hasn’t done a lot in the two games. Personally I’d drop him and Da Cruz

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Really??

- Fletcher had the best average rating this season of any player prior to getting injured, was scoring goals in a shocking team. 

- Reach has an assist rate that’s better than Bannans, scores goals too, good engine. 

Fox has been me consistent for us this season and his attacking threat has increased to boot. 

Luongo is a bit of an unknown but surely a box to box all round midfield player is a better option than our limited players of Bannan & Joey... he may not be better than those two in one area of his game but his all round game supersedes both by miles.  

Reach gets some stick on here. All I was saying was we look even worse without them in the team. Windass and Da Cruz don’t look like the answer

27 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Would have Fletcher over Wickham any day of the week from what i've seen so far. 

Looks overweight and unfit to me. 

Unless we deal with the center of midfield we are fiddling whilst Rome burns. 

Luongo is the best of what we need; but he's no way perfect. Bannan will probably play, but his position needs reviewing in context with the side and players' set up. He's actually part of the problem.

Fletcher will calm things down, but again we can't just rely on this to stop the rot. Reach goes missing when the going gets tough and other than him jogging about a bit, i'm not particularly confident he's the answer.

Fox is just an average player - again might stablise things but ain't going to make dramatic difference IMO.

4 minutes ago, owl84 said:

and you'd keep Wickham? Why? Because he is called Wickham. 

Windass did alright at Barnsley.

No probably not but we’ve more options for replacing Windass and Da Cruz. There’s Reach, Murphy, Harris and FF that can all play there.

If he drops Wickham he’d need to bring back either Rhodes, Winnall or Nuhiu

42 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Reach definitely becomes a better when he’s out of the side than he is in it. 

Guest wilyfox

Reach has been told he won't play for us again without a haircut. Luongo has been banished for serving dodgy shrimp on a mini barbecue at the training ground. Fox has been told he won't play unless he signs a new contract. Fletcher's head-desso injury is on the mend.