Reach, Fletcher, Luongo, Fox - Update?

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Unless we deal with the center of midfield we are fiddling whilst Rome burns. 

Luongo is the best of what we need; but he's no way perfect. Bannan will probably play, but his position needs reviewing in context with the side and players' set up. He's actually part of the problem.

Fletcher will calm things down, but again we can't just rely on this to stop the rot. Reach goes missing when the going gets tough and other than him jogging about a bit, i'm not particularly confident he's the answer.

Fox is just an average player - again might stablise things but ain't going to make dramatic difference IMO.

We seem to have to build any team around him.

Bannan and Lee are too lightweight to be in the c/m/f.

Recently we have played 2 bread and butter players in the centre, Louongo and Pellupessy, and the midfield played better.

The only other alternative is to move Iorfa into mid field to give us energy and drive to the team.

12 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Recently we have played 2 bread and butter players in the centre, Louongo and Pellupessy, and the midfield played better.

The only other alternative is to move Iorfa into mid field to give us energy and drive to the team.

Did you see Iorfa’s first touch last night?

Did he once find a green shirt with a pass?

Is he calm and collected under pressure?

No way is he the answer in CM.

All 3 new loan players look poor so far. Wickham looks massively unfit, windass is a player where I don’t know what his position is and da Cruz looks like a celebrity playing in a charity game.

If Westwood and Hutchinson are unavailable for selection due to disciplinary issues, I’d select the following team should our injured players are fit again;

Dawson

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

Harris

Luongo

Bannan

Reach

FF

Wickham

Id rather play 3 in the middle but I’d like Hutchison in there for this formation. Otherwise I think bannan and Luongo works in a 2.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I’m probably clutching at straws here, but any news on these 4?

I think all of us would have Fletcher, Fox and Luongo in every starting Xl, and many of us would add Reach to that.

We've missed Fox massively, cannot believe I watched FF play LWB for 45minutes in a 1-0 loss to bottom of the league/only team on worse form that us last night, one of the really low points of this modern era.

If they were all fully fit, i'd be very excited to see a dynamic midfield 4 of Reach/Windass/Luongo/Harris, with Wickham up top and Hutchinson covering the back 4.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Da Cruz has understandably come in for a lot of stick. He was poor. However, he was one of the very few players showing passion, which morphed into frustration as the game wore on. 

He was holding his head at the end in a 'what has just happened' sign. God knows what he made of the fans' wanvvker signs as he may his way off the pitch.

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Did you see Iorfa’s first touch last night?

Did he once find a green shirt with a pass?

Is he calm and collected under pressure?

No way is he the answer in CM.

Neither had Carlton Palmer, but he had presence, some thing we have lacked in midfield for the last 4 seasons.

Hutchinson is a liability in midfield.

Banan, with out doubt a skilful player, but he slows every thing down and is too easily marked out of the game..

That only leaves us with players we have, so who does the mucky job in midfield?.

Iorfa is not the midfield maestro, but he could make Bannan's job easier by providing the energy, Presence and pace that Banan fails to have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it just goes to show why successful clubs in the past never put new signings straight into the first team. 

Very strange because even Monk when he first joined said all the right things about not being able to change everything over night

I'm not saying Windass is a bad player, but he can't get in the Wigan team, and Palace have only sent Wickham to Hillsborough so he can get match fit and to put him in the shop window. I think it's been unfair on Cruz, as he's not played in this division before. 

You put three players in and you've changed virtually a third of the outfield team, and pissed off three players who may have not been the cause of our problems in the first place. 

Centre midfield is the problem, and that problem is still no closer to getting solved. For this reason I question the sanity of the three loan signings and how they've been integrated. 

Still nothing to worry about, it's not like we'll be on BBC1 Prime time playing Man City any time soon is it?

5 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

You are not alone in thinking Iorfa needs to be in midfield. 

It's not so long ago we were worried if he'd adapt to the move from RB to CB.

I think he's got what we lack in midfield. He has the pace to chase players down and he'll get box to box.

Our midfield is spineless without that type of player.