Referee

Just now, millo said:

Saying the referee had a bad game is not the same as saying we should have won. The referee was poor for both sides.

Fair comment mate. Think I might have had a couple too many JD's last night drowning my sorrows. :sad:

3 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

Iorfa should have had a second yellow. Last ditch attempt second half when their lad was pretty much through on goal... Iorfa took him out and ref played on. 

Nope. 

I thought that until I saw the replay.   It was an outstanding tackle. He got the ball. 

Edited by Vaughan
  • Thanks 1

Iorfa should have had a second yellow. Last ditch attempt second half when their lad was pretty much through on goal... Iorfa took him out and ref played on. 

Iorfa took the ball.

I had a great view of it.

Mind you a lot of refs might have given it as he tackled him from almost behind.

I still think referees should be made to do an interview afterwards and put under scrutiny sure they would up their game it’s like they can go hiding unjustified 

also why isn’t anybody doing a referee show and critiquing these guys with more focus 

we have Sunday sunpliment, EFL show, match of the day, the debate etc...surely an hour show just on referees with ex refs, professionals and maybe somebody from the referee association or fa could sit on a panel and discuss and review the shocking standard we all see daily 

it might even help us become more aware on how they arrive at these decisions because I’m fed up of hearing it’s a tough job the game is so too quick 

they have linesmen, 4th officials, people standing on goal line and that awful VAR which also needs reviewing and we still get these levels of performance 

If it's one I'm thinking of it's about only thing ref got correct, Iorfa got ball, one of best tackles I've seen this season. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

It just gets a bit tiresome though mate. Blaming the referees week in week out. We should be better than that.

Nobody was blaming the referee for the performance or the result when you posted this, just pointing out that he was useless, again. It is a bit tiresome that the standard of officiating is so poor week in week out. 

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Nobody was blaming the referee for the performance or the result when you posted this, just pointing out that he was useless, again. It is a bit tiresome that the standard of officiating is so poor week in week out. 

As I said a few posts up mate that's a fair comment. Too many JD'S last night drowning my sorrows :blink:

3 hours ago, trotter said:

Worst I have seen for a long time for both sides.  Not all physical contact is a foul and not every foul is a yellow card

Apparently it is if Atdhe is involved.:wacko:

4 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

As I said a few posts up mate that's a fair comment. Too many JD'S last night drowning my sorrows :blink:

Yeah, seen that now mate fair enough. I'm responding to posts on the first page without reading the whole thread first today as my hangover is making me feel inpatient and unable to handle the prospect of reading back through multiple pages! :sad:

We were largely poor and the officials didn't do anything which swayed the result in favour of either team but it is frustrating when they are consistently bad. 

21 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Apparently it is if Atdhe is involved.:wacko:

Felt sorry for him yesterday.  He was constantly fouled and got nothing.  Their centre half was even bigger than Atdhe yet we continued to ping the ball in the air.  He is decent with his feet but we never play the ball into him.

45 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Said this many times but this referee used to go and watch the pigs play with someone I know. He doesn't like Wednesday I can assure you. 

Interesting because he appears to have been the referee in 4 of the pigs league games this season.

Nearly 20%

How can he be allowed to do that?

Edited by oldishowl