Referee

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

What the """" was that? 

Just when you think they can't get any worse. Giving out yellow cards like sweeties. Can't tackle anymore. Gave us free kicks only when crowd reacted and I'm sure players actually told him what to do on a number of occasions. Lineman on South was just as bad. They even looked at each other several times as if saying "What shall we do?" 

Genuinely abysmal today, and I’m not just talking about decisions that didn’t go our way.

- Obvious fouls from both sides routinely ignored, yet yellow cards galore for fractionally mistimed tackles in the centre circle that left nobody on the deck

- Failed to stop play for head injuries on two occasions, did stop play for someone rubbing their knee and halfway to their feet

- Gave almost every dead ball to whichever team had the most players appealing

- Worst of all, never got within literally 35 yards of the ball, sat on halfway and guessed every other decision

A truly disgraceful performance that both managers really ought to flag via official channels.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Furious George said:

That's not the thread title though is it.

No you're right in fairness it isn't. But personally I'm sick of of our short comings being papered over by bad referees. I dare say that if we had sneaked a last minute winner the thread wouldn't have even been started. 

13 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

No you're right in fairness it isn't. But personally I'm sick of of our short comings being papered over by bad referees. I dare say that if we had sneaked a last minute winner the thread wouldn't have even been started. 

Fair point, this might not have been started, but then most of the threads here wouldn't either.

The referee was absolute haddock though.

Point for me was where our player went down with a head injury, he let Millwall play on, we got the ball and he then thought about blowing the whistle before Forestieri saved him by kicking it out.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Furious George said:

Fair point, this might not have been started, but then most of the threads here wouldn't either.

The referee was absolute haddock though.

Point for me was where our player went down with a head injury, he let Millwall play on, we got the ball and he then thought about blowing the whistle before Forestieri saved him by kicking it out.

Yeah, after Bannan had surged forward with it.

3 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Yeah, after Bannan had surged forward with it.

Haha! That really ruined me though, I'd been calling to play it out and how disgusting Millwall were for ignoring possible concussion, and then in an instant I was shouting at Bannan to go, ignore the injury, it's only his head, don't worry about it...

• Haha 1

Ref was very poor but didnt impact the result luckily. Bad for both sides, there was a goal kick given after Iorfa cleared ball out for a clear corner. Then later on in game he was going to give a goal kick when it was a clear corner for us until lino told him otherwise, Nando was going nuts.Totaly lost the plot with his yellow cards too.... Where do they get them from??

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

Premier league referee as well, he was rubbish. 

Some of the free kicks he were giving against us were laughable. 

His performance had no bearing on the result today. He was just awful getting so many clear  and obvious decisions wrong.

This one and Lee Mason who regularly officiate in the Premier League have been the worst seen at Hillsborough lately.

You have to wonder if a lot of the tippy tappy all fall down stuff played there clouds their judgment to the point they see every tackle or bit of physical contact as a foul.

Atdhe was fouled and impeded constantly. Every time he had the ball pretty much he was fouled until he fought back then penalised. It stopped him playing. We didn't get the benefit of numerous free kicks in dangerous areas that we should have had. It nullified our tactics and stopped him bringing players in to support because their defenders cheated and got away with it. 

But you're right, the ref didn't affect the result. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

It just gets a bit tiresome though mate. Blaming the referees week in week out. We should be better than that.

Saying the referee had a bad game is not the same as saying we should have won. The referee was poor for both sides.