Referee

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4176473/referees-darren-deadman-david-coote-sacked-before-season-kicks-off/amp/

Never really been able to get to the bottom of this story. I'm crap at googling but never saw the story explaining why he's still working. Deadman was the ref when Huddersfield, I mean Jordan Rhodes, scored an equaliser 23 minutes or so after the 90 was up. 

4 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Said this many times but this referee used to go and watch the pigs play with someone I know. He doesn't like Wednesday I can assure you. 

Reffed 10 PL games this season and 4 of them involved pigs - none of which they lost and they got a rather soft pen in the last one.

In fact he's reffed them 16 times and they've only ever lost twice under him, and one of those was in the Johnstone Paint Trophy. Also sent off Loovens against them, and booked Kieran Lee for "diving" at Bolton when I actually heard the contact from about 30 yards away. Hmmm... 

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Reffed 10 PL games this season and 4 of them involved pigs - none of which they lost and they got a rather soft pen in the last one.

In fact he's reffed them 16 times and they've only ever lost twice under him, and one of those was in the Johnstone Paint Trophy. Also sent off Loovens against them, and booked Kieran Lee for "diving" at Bolton when I actually heard the contact from about 30 yards away. Hmmm... 

spot on. 

as dubious as Jeremy Simpson from Lancaster referring display against us at Preston 

23 hours ago, mark77 said:

My highlight was the linesman who gave offside and promptly ran up the line rather than standing with his flag up to indicate where the free kick should be taken. Millwall promptly moved it 20 yards upfield at which point he realised too late and tried to run back and stand in the original position but hadn't a clue where it was. Monk was going ballastic.

Referee was comical. At one point neither him or the linesman had a clue who to give a throw to and just let the players decide. We took the throw and it should have been Millwalls...

This was outstandingly bad. Absolutely astonishing.  Ref kept making players take throws from the correct place then the linesman let them take an offside kick 20 yards further forward. ALL linesmen stand with their flag out indicating the correct position until the ball is placed but this time he just ignored it. The ref was awful all the game, teams keep coming here and every time they feel a Wednesday players breath behind them fall over. Ref falls for it every time.

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 20:18, owls maniac said:

7 yellow cards in a pretty tame match. 

Yet another pompous fool ref who thinks we are only there to watch them. 

And what was that goal kick decision all about when the linesman gave a corner? The dozy two hat was looking right at it and still got the decision wrong. 

TBF they were all definite yellow cards, but that was about the only thing he got right all day.

Really enjoying everyone slagging off the linesman on the South Stand side. I used to go to school with him and played football with him when we were kids. He's a good lad. All refs are shit though (especially him the Derby supporting bastard) so any slagging off of him really warms my heart.