Do You Back Chansiri

Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club

• Yes
    • No

13 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Quite surprised at the results so far given DC faces far more negativity on here than he does across the “normal” fanbase.

Pretty conclusive that the supporters are still behind him for all his faults.

Negativity? On OT?

Probably due to the anti Wednesdayite’s, a cabal of about 20 names on here which in reality is about 8 actual real life people when you take into account their multiple user names!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Meanwhile over at the Lane the Blunts are managed really well and some say they are heading for Europe. Thing is under McCabes stewardship the Blades have managed to fluke themselves into a higher state whilst their former owner has managed to throw himself under one of his own busses and spunked away a minimum of £300 million. Yet you don't hear the Blunts complaining  about McCabes ineptitude or the member of the Saudi Royal Family who have a human rights record that equates with the Third Reich. Some need to get a grip on reality ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Negativity? On OT?

Probably due to the anti Wednesdayite’s, a cabal of about 20 names on here which in reality is about 8 actual real life people when you take into account their multiple user names!

Spoken like a true loyalist man of the people. I must be as stupid as you say because if I’m an anti-Wednesdayite I’ve blown a lot of cash and endured a lot of dross over the years watching something I don’t like. Or maybe I just have a different opinion from you. 

Edited by rickygoo

I’d say being concerned about our long term future is the opposite of being an anti- Wednesdayite. 

I don’t slag the players and the team very much at all - especially individuals and especially at the match. Because the shirt is sacrosanct.  But directors are often the enemy. That’s just the way football is. 

People keep rambling on about our neighbours.

They had a truly secret embargo, borrowed a few million off the Bin Ladens to avoid a winding up order, funded the club for 6 years at a loss in League 1 with the sale of prize assets prior to then getting  Wilder and the rest is history.

Fine margins init.

• Like 1

Went for a short term strategy, failed.

FFP has him trapped for now. But I'm hopeful he has learned some lessons and will change tack. Bringing in Bruce, Strudwick and the recruitment team was a good move and hopefully Monk will get some more of his people in over the summer. Some more signings of the likes of Osaze, Da Silva and Hidalgo and hopefully some good sell ons like Joao in the future could see us raise some cash and not rely on surreal ticket offers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

If he doesn’t get us to the premier league he’s been an absolutely massive failure, a failure of epic proportions 

Even though I would class myself as a critic of Chansiri I wouldn't say he should be counted as a failure for not getting promotion.
You can do 95% of things right and be denied by a close penalty decision in a play off match for example.
But I will class him as a failure so far for not running the club on a sound footing, off field things have been very shoddy, pricing out a lot of supporters, 2 embargoes, possible points deduction, having to sell ground to fill a black hole in the accounts, throw money at it and hope for the best policy of transfers and contracts.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Even though I would class myself as a critic of Chansiri I wouldn't say he should be counted as a failure for not getting promotion.
You can do 95% of things right and be denied by a close penalty decision in a play off match for example.
But I will class him as a failure so far for not running the club on a sound footing, off field things have been very shoddy, pricing out a lot of supporters, 2 embargoes, possible points deduction, having to sell ground to fill a black hole in the accounts, throw money at it and hope for the best policy of transfers and contracts.

As I've said he has made mistakes and for those he does deserve some criticism. But he continues to fund the club and back the manager.

We need a clear out in the summer and a re-evaluation that is for certain however we could still make the playoffs and then it is a proper lottery as we all know

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Quite surprised at the results so far given DC faces far more negativity on here than he does across the “normal” fanbase.

Pretty conclusive that the supporters are still behind him for all his faults.

So a split vote on here is conclusive the supporters are behind him?  Spin. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I don’t see your logic here. Why can’t you sell them separately? 

I didn't say you can't but a potential buyer for the club is likely to be put off by not owning the ground.

In contrast buyers might be quite keen to buy the ground by itself, or maybe they might fear being left lubered with it if the club were to develop a new stadium.

More likely though as the owner of both you might be reluctant to sell the ground by itself as that would make the club less attractive and so reduce its value.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

So a split vote on here is conclusive the supporters are behind him?  Spin. 

Could swear when owlstalk did one of its polls with regards to Carlos staying or going, when the vote went in favour of him going it was used pretty much as a  conclusive proof............ Spin. 

Something like "Owlstalk has spoken". Someone even sent the result to football heaven. 

Edited by BARMYARMY2010
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I didn't say you can't but a potential buyer for the club is likely to be put off by not owning the ground.

In contrast buyers might be quite keen to buy the ground by itself, or maybe they might fear being left lubered with it if the club were to develop a new stadium.

More likely though as the owner of both you might be reluctant to sell the ground by itself as that would make the club less attractive and so reduce its value.

I've given up trying to explain to them how businesses actually operate and trade and move money around. I get more benefit from talking to the dog when he smells a ***** on heat