Do You Back Chansiri

Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club

• Yes
    • No

9 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

To be pedantic, the club is also in somebodies name. The same name as the ground, is all be it they are two different companies they are still owned by the same person.

So if DC sold Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Limited, would the ground be listed as an asset under that company or would it be listed as an asset elsewhere? 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
17 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Really. So if he left, the ground would still belong to the club would it? Or would it belong to a 3rd party?

Nobody in their right mind would buy the club, without simultaneously buying the entity that owns the ground.

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

So if DC sold Sheffield Wednesday Football Club Limited, would the ground be listed as an asset under that company or would it be listed as an asset elsewhere? 

I would presume that to sell the club, the ground would have to be included.

Whether they were listed as assets to two different companies owned by the same person wouldn't matter.

The total sale price would have to include the value of both, whether the assets were listed jointly or separately.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would presume that to sell the club, the ground would have to be included.

Whether they were listed as assets to two different companies owned by the same person wouldn't matter.

The total sale price would have to include the value of both, whether the assets were listed jointly or separately.

Why would it? Separate entities. Can be sold separately. You are assuming they would sell both but they wouldnt have to at all.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Right. Which makes the club unsaleable. Nice position to be in. 

A clueless owner. No board of directors to steer the ship. No ground and a club you cant sell. Sounds fantastic. Way to go DC.

I didn't see them clambering to buy the club when MM was selling or do you know different?

We do have a ground and this would be part of the package if DC decides to sell.

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

You are stating that we don't have a ground and all are unsaleable - both of which are factually incorrect

Im saying that Sheffield Wednesday Limited dont own their ground. I never said they were unsalable either. Not incorrect at all.

Im saying the price DC mentioned as an asking price makes them unsaleable.

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

You've just said it on paper - many large businesses move assets around their respective portfolios for a number of reasons our was to comply with P&S.

The club still dont own it though. The ground is owned by a different company.

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I didn't see them clambering to buy the club when MM was selling or do you know different?

We do have a ground and this would be part of the package if DC decides to sell.

The club dont have a ground. DC does.

Not sure what your first point has to do with anything.

Edited by billyblack

Just now, billyblack said:

Im saying that Sheffield Wednesday Limited dont own their ground. I never said they were unsalable either. Not incorrect at all.

Im saying the price DC mentioned as an asking price makes them unsaleable.

DC was sounding off a bit like us on here - If and when there are serious negotiations around the sale of our club we will not be privvy to the detail or price