Urhoghide

Great interview. Can’t imagine how he must feel - with a start, 90 mins and a clean sheet - truly living the dream so many of us have / had

As important that he stays grounded is also the fact that we - as fans - need to be grounded too.

Yes - he did very well for a young kid being cast in from the U23s - but at the same time there were also really big gaps in his game...which is to be expected of course. For all the composure and assurance on the ball, there was equal amounts of ball watching and reactive play & positioning.

I don’t see him playing against Leeds - the likes of Alioski would be licking his lips to see him lining up opposite to him.

Please don’t take this as a criticism of the guy - he did well considering the situation and his experience level.

But at the same time it’s also important we recognize that he’s far from the finished article, so we shouldn’t expect him to be ready any time soon.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

His interview has gone viral on Twitter.

Great to see some positive PR for the club instead of all the usual negative EFL, SYP, SAG nonsense. 

They were even talking about it on talk sport this afternoon.

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

His interview has gone viral on Twitter.

Great to see some positive PR for the club instead of all the usual negative EFL, SYP, SAG nonsense. 

Yes this young man has provided the club with more positive PR than I can care to remember. Probably since we were promoted in 2012.

11 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Don’t throw him in for Leeds

Worth a go against some lesser opposition in the league absolutely - let’s bring him on, his confidence must be through roof 

Why not play him against Leeds? The kid has come from nowhere with nothing to lose. In the summer he had no club, now he has the opportunity to progress with a Championship club. If Monk thinks he's good enough then he should play.

14 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Why not play him against Leeds? The kid has come from nowhere with nothing to lose. In the summer he had no club, now he has the opportunity to progress with a Championship club. If Monk thinks he's good enough then he should play.

Build him up slowly 

Leeds play a relentless attacking game - in a frosty derby it could be too much 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If Palmer is out, I would expect him to keep the shirt

I suspect Iorfa would play RB if Palmer's out.