Urhoghide

7 hours ago, ANDY said:

How refreshing is that interview after the last few years of players like Abdi, Boyd, Jones and Forestieri taking one last big  pay day out of the club? 

Even if he doesn’t make it, it’s great to see a lad with some hunger and desire playing in the first team

5 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Fair play to the lad, but calls for playing the kids again? I remember those calls when Carlos was manager, then Jos took over, played the kids and OT gave him sh*t for it, and reverted to "why aren't we playing the experienced players."

From what I can gather, he had made the most compelling case out of the U23s for a possible inclusion on Saturday

• Haha 1

Difference to the Jos situation would hopefully be integrating younger players in gradually surrounded by experienced players guiding them. How much would he have learned from being beside Iorfa. 

Jos put them all in together and in a weakened team. Destroying them in the process. 

The message to Palmer is you have a rival for your spot. 

Good management also from GM. Clearly saw this lad was knocking on the door for a game, selected him (probably intentionally) for an away fixture where pressure is off somewhat and we weren’t expected to win. Good professionals playing around him and helping him. Don’t expect him to play next week but, as Palmer seems to be out a little while and maybe GM has realised Iorfa is his first choice CB, maybe he will keep his place. 

Exciting times for the lad 

• Like 1

If he had played well against AFC Fylde at home, fair enough, but the fact that he was dropped in to the team-who are low on morale- away from home against a Premier League team who fielded a strong side, makes his performance all the more impressive. 

• Like 1

Well, Christmas from a Wednesday perspective was a non event... even my Wednesday car mats, Wednesday polo shirt, Wednesday mug and Wednesday ceramic sign couldn’t paper over the abject throw that the team served up... then wait, along comes a fresh faced nineteen year old that I’ve never heard of and he’s rescued my Christmas. That joyous interview has put my mood back on track. If I was the interviewer I would have had to stop myself kissing him.

He may come across all star struck, meek and mild but I think that I detected a steely determination . I’ll bet that when some “ been around the block” winger thinks that liberties can be taken he will be in for an uncomfortable shock

I wouldn’t think twice about playing him against L••ds... he’s in the zone and loving the buzz.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Fair play to the lad, but calls for playing the kids again? I remember those calls when Carlos was manager, then Jos took over, played the kids and OT gave him sh*t for it, and reverted to "why aren't we playing the experienced players."

That's the beauty of being a football fan we can scuttle back to the opposite and still feel superior to the experts.

• Haha 1