Urhoghide

37 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Played well on his professional debut, a day he'll remember forever, and now he doesn't even get to keep his shirt as a souvenir because some fan is going to be entitled to nick it off him on the flight home. 

im sure he will keep the shirt as I doubt the fantom fans on the flight cant physically take the shirt off him as the same as d taxi clients cant pay for a fare. who even very well off fans would take that offer up? £6000 for some1 to take his wife and 2 kids to a football match really cant see it myself. 

I thought he was very good.

people shouldn’t get carried away and expect too much but that was a very good debut.

Should he start the next league match?

Rb not been very strong for us so far this season

Far too soon to say after 1 game, but I've got visions of him and Iorfa forming a strong right hand side, at rb and right cb

So refreshing to hear from a lad who is genuinely thrilled at playing football and making his debut. Young footballers are media trained these days to within an inch of their lives. Comes across as a great lad. 

• Thanks 1

Deserves the plaudits for an excellent debut, not necessarily in his favoured position. Perspective needed, however, similar praise was rightly given to Ash Baker on his debut! Opponents will suss out weaknesses and the positional sense of Big Dom and Tom Lees discomfort in possession at right sided CB make RB a tricky berth for us to fill. However, with Liam injured and his ability to cover CB having played mostly there for U23s, he should at least be on the bench ahead of some others in the next few league games. He looked strong and deceptively pacey. His achievements today should also be motivating to others in the U23s.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Should he start the next league match?

Rb not been very strong for us so far this season

Far too soon to say after 1 game, but I've got visions of him and Iorfa forming a strong right hand side, at rb and right cb

I wouldn’t start him but would keep him involved.

36 minutes ago, vulva said:

So refreshing to hear from a lad who is genuinely thrilled at playing football and making his debut. Young footballers are media trained these days to within an inch of their lives. Comes across as a great lad. 

Agreed , it brought a tear to my eye.

Also loved the joy he had at interacting with the fans at the end. 

Was at the game sat near the players when they came over at the end, loved the way they all encouraged the lad to take the lead with the celebrations. 

Thought he had a solid game, doubt the Brighton fans realised he was just a kid making his debut in professional game. 

Well played young lad 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Been reading twitter, the amount of people congratulationing him from AFC Wimbledon is brilliant. 

Seems like he's fought his heart out to be a player and he's getting the reward for that hard work today. 

Definitely an untold story there. Really hope he builds on today and best of luck to him. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1