Pay on the gate is dead - and it’s a problem

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Oh god resorting to conspiracy theories now to have a pop at the club.  

Come on roll up, roll up find the most inventive way to have a go, winner wins a night out with Rickygoo and he's paying :biggrin:

This was from a report of a steering committee report - the club saying the actual attendance for one game was 4000 lower than the official reported figure. 

Anything else smug to say? 

A1374A37-6C32-4B94-855A-F8376FCF8ECD.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Clubs can either, give the official attendance or tickets sold.

Arsenal (last year) always gave tickets sold...when it was quite clear the actual attendance was many thousands less, and confirmed by Arsenal.

Most clubs give the tickets sold number, better for marketing etc

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is that minuted? Was it a one off?   Impressed with your research.   

There were no official minutes. There never were - the note taker would have lost the will to live. If you went to a midweek game you’d see the policy as plain as the nose on your provocative shitstirring little face. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm sure it's probably been said in the 14 pages, apologies if i'm repeating. The damage was done once the prices for Chansiri's first game against Bristol City came out. The headline is then £40 to watch Wednesday. Obviously it isn't every game but its still expensive, then once people are out of the habit of going or thinking i'll go and watch Wednesday its going to be very hard to get them back, without something changing. Which lets be honest the ticket prices aren't going to change, the owner has made that clear.

Personally I last had a season ticket in Carlos second season. Since then I've been picking and choosing games on a price basis. This season I didn't renew mine or my dad's memberships(first time we've not had season tickets or memberships since 1996), as we weren't going often enough to justify the £100 for the two memberships. So far been up twice this season Wigan and Brentford, both £30 on the kop.

46 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think with the club selling multi year season ticket and guaranteeing them at the lowest price then it gave itself very little wiggle room to reduce POTG prices on a regular basis.

Add to this the club froze the season ticket prices  - meaning hardly any discount for the ones that took up the multi deal 

It shows that they really do not have much of a plan 

Annoying the 3 game a season bunch is one thing, fleecing the hard core loyal support base is when the problems really set in.

21 hours ago, rickygoo said:

We struggle to get that many on a rainy midweek night - if you ignore the official “attendance”. 

Err!!!!  Sort of the point I was making.

:laugh:

That even if the season ticket holders don't rock up, they've already committed & paid. All 21,500 of em.

I said the first season we made our own Kits and didn't even have them ready for the start of the season that the club was a shambles and got slated.

Was told "it's only a kit" and to stop whining. But as I said at the time it was the thin end of the wedge and if Chansiri couldn't sort something as simple and fundamental as that, what was the rest of the club like?

Well now we know. This isn't hindsight, I've been saying it for years and so have plenty of others. He hasn't got a clue.

Personally I've nothing against the man at all. I certainly wouldn't abuse him or his family but I'd like him to go now. He's turned us into an absolute laughing stock, every facet of the club is a joke and it's dying on its arse. Been a ST holder for years and I can't even be bothered to go during the week anymore. I just watch them on the red button, there's just no buzz about the place these days. I'd quite happily not bother renewing but then I'm snookered for the away matches. That's the only reason I'll keep it on, I can easily see how people get out of the habit of going.

And for those that say we'd go out of business if he just walked away, that's absolute gonads. I'll still watch Wednesday even if we had to start at the bottom of the Pyramid again. Even if half that hardcore support of 22k stayed it would still be more than the Dingles and Mini Pigs could dream of getting. Might even be a laugh.

Mr. Chansiri, thank you very much for your efforts, I'm sure you've had many sleepless nights and have done your (incompetent) best, but please just go.

13 minutes ago, Steelman said:

I said the first season we made our own Kits and didn't even have them ready for the start of the season that the club was a shambles and got slated.

Was told "it's only a kit" and to stop whining. But as I said at the time it was the thin end of the wedge and if Chansiri couldn't sort something as simple and fundamental as that, what was the rest of the club like?

Well now we know. This isn't hindsight, I've been saying it for years and so have plenty of others. He hasn't got a clue.

Personally I've nothing against the man at all. I certainly wouldn't abuse him or his family but I'd like him to go now. He's turned us into an absolute laughing stock, every facet of the club is a joke and it's dying on its arse. Been a ST holder for years and I can't even be bothered to go during the week anymore. I just watch them on the red button, there's just no buzz about the place these days. I'd quite happily not bother renewing but then I'm snookered for the away matches. That's the only reason I'll keep it on, I can easily see how people get out of the habit of going.

And for those that say we'd go out of business if he just walked away, that's absolute gonads. I'll still watch Wednesday even if we had to start at the bottom of the Pyramid again. Even if half that hardcore support of 22k stayed it would still be more than the Dingles and Mini Pigs could dream of getting. Might even be a laugh.

Mr. Chansiri, thank you very much for your efforts, I'm sure you've had many sleepless nights and have done your (incompetent) best, but please just go.

I think on the field performance changes people's attitudes and opinions. The two Christmas period home games on the back of capitulation at Stoke, has amplified everyone's thoughts. Had we been still 3/4th we could ride out the chairman's management of the club.

What worries me is if we end up drifting and get anchored in mid-table or worst, and finish the season on a downer. I do feel that the fan's patience and loyalty will be severely tested come the remainder of the season in particular ST renewal. He will need a plan for instilling optimism in the fans when half the squad leaves over the Summer.

DC seems to be a person who lives by his decisions and trusts the 'market' or his version of the market. Should we end up essentially in the same place; league position and with similar players as when he arrived in 2015 come the start of next season, I'm not sure how many of our fans will continue on this journey with him.

• Like 1

Off chance does anyone actual know what the most we can get into the stadium now is, with the restriction in place by SAG and the local SYP and SCC how many people are we allowed in the stands

Hillsborough when full is a near 40,000 seater stadium but under restrictions this figure could be less than 30,000 so if the club reduce prices as myself and everyone wants how many more could we get in if all seats were sold.

I ask as no one seems to have a clue that includes the club, the council and the mythical body called SAG that again no one seems to have a clue who they are? 

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Off chance does anyone actual know what the most we can get into the stadium now is, with the restriction in place by SAG and the local SYP and SCC how many people are we allowed in the stands

Hillsborough when full is a near 40,000 seater stadium but under restrictions this figure could be less than 30,000 so if the club reduce prices as myself and everyone wants how many more could we get in if all seats were sold.

I ask as no one seems to have a clue that includes the club, the council and the mythical body called SAG that again no one seems to have a clue who they are? 

At the start of the season, the figure could be calculated by our stadium safety certificate which was issue by SCC in June. I think the 'restrictions' took the capacity down to circa 32/33k. With the additional North stand prohibition notice restrictions, I think will be just above 30k.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think on the field performance changes people's attitudes and opinions. The two Christmas period home games on the back of capitulation at Stoke, has amplified everyone's thoughts. Had we been still 3/4th we could ride out the chairman's management of the club.

What worries me is if we end up drifting and get anchored in mid-table or worst, and finish the season on a downer. I do feel that the fan's patience and loyalty will be severely tested come the remainder of the season in particular ST renewal. He will need a plan for instilling optimism in the fans when half the squad leaves over the Summer.

DC seems to be a person who lives by his decisions and trusts the 'market' or his version of the market. Should we end up essentially in the same place; league position and with similar players as when he arrived in 2015 come the start of next season, I'm not sure how many of our fans will continue on this journey with him.

DC has some big decision to make, attendances are on a slide the red button option means its pointless attending midweek games, the dark side being in the EPL is affecting floater fans coming to watch football, the football on offer from the team is not great watching its not the entertaining brand we had the first season of Carlos when there was real investment in the playing squad - we have only scored 4 goals in the first half of matches so far and average little over a goal a game at home.

Add to that the prices are the final straw what floater fan is going to pay £50 for membership to get £5 a game off when they are only going to go to 5-8 match max, that why they don't have a season ticket, so when you look at prices and its £35+ for most games or you can watch on tv, what's going to happen. The lost revenue also is from the silly prices in the stadium means people buy their food and drink before matches or after not in the stadium and those that do get such bad service or cannot use cash (the older fans affected more or those on a budget)

So much needs to chance to attract fans back and increase how much they spend in the stadium, unfortunately DC has done nothing in his tenure at the club to suggest he has any idea how to run a football club in any way than making big losses each and every season both off and on the pitch.

This is not massive changes needed its smart business decision we have 5,000 empty seats each game, if we sold then at just £20 each that's £100,000 more each game in ticket revenue, then those people will probably buy a programme, food, drink maybe club merchandise instead we get none because its £35 a game. We have so many different levels of prices but no choice for fans such as weekend fans, midweek fans, work commitment fans, everyone has different circumstances why they cannot be season ticket holders and ultimately with the current people in charge if you don't go to every game the club will continue to rip you off until you just stop going all together.

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

DC has some big decision to make, attendances are on a slide the red button option means its pointless attending midweek games, the dark side being in the EPL is affecting floater fans coming to watch football, the football on offer from the team is not great watching its not the entertaining brand we had the first season of Carlos when there was real investment in the playing squad - we have only scored 4 goals in the first half of matches so far and average little over a goal a game at home.

Add to that the prices are the final straw what floater fan is going to pay £50 for membership to get £5 a game off when they are only going to go to 5-8 match max, that why they don't have a season ticket, so when you look at prices and its £35+ for most games or you can watch on tv, what's going to happen. The lost revenue also is from the silly prices in the stadium means people buy their food and drink before matches or after not in the stadium and those that do get such bad service or cannot use cash (the older fans affected more or those on a budget)

So much needs to chance to attract fans back and increase how much they spend in the stadium, unfortunately DC has done nothing in his tenure at the club to suggest he has any idea how to run a football club in any way than making big losses each and every season both off and on the pitch.

This is not massive changes needed its smart business decision we have 5,000 empty seats each game, if we sold then at just £20 each that's £100,000 more each game in ticket revenue, then those people will probably buy a programme, food, drink maybe club merchandise instead we get none because its £35 a game. We have so many different levels of prices but no choice for fans such as weekend fans, midweek fans, work commitment fans, everyone has different circumstances why they cannot be season ticket holders and ultimately with the current people in charge if you don't go to every game the club will continue to rip you off until you just stop going all together.

Rather than have all that messing about - midweek fans, weekend fans, left handed fans, size 9 feet fans etc etc - wouldn't it be wiser for DC to ensure he doesn't lose the 20-22k loyal support the club gets at the minute.

Otherwise they are in danger of pandering to the needs of the 3 times a season brigade, that get put off by weather, time of day, whats on telly, at the expense of the main stays . . .if we are doing well as its proved time and time again they will come.

Yes by all means branch out and entice people to come in, but concentrate on your main customer base to ensure their well being first 

We are not doing that at the minute and the loyalty might only last so long 

37 minutes ago, torres said:

Rather than have all that messing about - midweek fans, weekend fans, left handed fans, size 9 feet fans etc etc - wouldn't it be wiser for DC to ensure he doesn't lose the 20-22k loyal support the club gets at the minute.

Otherwise they are in danger of pandering to the needs of the 3 times a season brigade, that get put off by weather, time of day, whats on telly, at the expense of the main stays . . .if we are doing well as its proved time and time again they will come.

Yes by all means branch out and entice people to come in, but concentrate on your main customer base to ensure their well being first 

We are not doing that at the minute and the loyalty might only last so long 

That's what he has been doing the problem is that figure is reducing season on season, it keeps going in a few years the figure will be down below 20,000 and the club cannot survive on attendances that low.

How many people buy season tickets because it’s cheaper on average than POTG? I think it’s a red herring. I think it helps but ST holders want to go to football every other weekend and guarantee a seat with their mates or family. 

All we’ve done is put part time fans off. 

Solution:

Make POTG £5 more than the season ticket average, and make it possible to buy on the actual gate with a contactless payment (ie £30 or less if that stacks up)

Watch the fans come back. 

On 05/01/2020 at 23:19, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is that minuted? Was it a one off?   Impressed with your research.   

On 05/01/2020 at 23:31, rickygoo said:

There were no official minutes. There never were - the note taker would have lost the will to live. If you went to a midweek game you’d see the policy as plain as the nose on your provocative shitstirring little face. 

On 05/01/2020 at 23:33, Inspector Lestrade said:

OK 

1846124163_giphy(25).gif.503ac5b0bcd6d593efe724f9c4b7e6cc.gif

• Haha 2

Guest Grez Bez

Make the concourses indoors and more people will come.

It's fuckiing freezing at the back of the North or Kop!

More space, indoors, deals on booze = better atmosphere.

The truth is it's better to watch at home now.