Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

Guest Kameron
1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

It can be backdated if it can prove that an agreement was in place.

Not as simple as that, no money has changed hands

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Don't want to get too much into this again but regards point 2:

Mr Maguire has a lot to answer for as either  a) knowingly giving a distorted picture without making the relevant points or b) being incompetent and not giving full picture

To summarize:

Payment date = irrelevant

Land registry date = irrelevant

Completion date = not necessarily relevant

Company incorporated date = irrelevant

Comparison to west ham = not fully relevant depending on valuation method used.

ONLY important fact is terms  and form of purchase and sale contract, which is not in public domain. 

For it to be a sale actual money needs to have been exchanged and relevant taxes paid. Obviously Chansiri will be able to provide proof and the EFL will drop everything once this misunderstanding has been cleared up. 

26 minutes ago, Minton said:

A playoff final, a playoff semi-final and the highest 3 finishes we've had in 15 years. 

Compared to League 1 campaigns filled with mid-table mediocrity, failing to beat bottom end league 1 teams with 9 men and ending an hour from bankrupcy with literally not a pot to wee wee in. Yeah, his tenure has been an utter shambles. Give over, you tart.

Presumably you’re one of the few Dave Richards fans still going to Hillsborough. He achieved a damn sight more than Chansiri. 

When Dave Allen was involved we were a nats of doing a Bury 

when MM came in he steadied the ship but was losing about 3 million a year nevermind what he said he would have sold us to anyone with dosh 

Mr C has had a pop and it may well go boobies up to some degree it may not 

but be careful what you wish for 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

I remember it very well because I was surprised at how strong and unpleasant your vitriol towards me was, after I expressed my concern about the scattergun recruitment seemingly focussed around older players in positions that we seemed pretty well stocked in. I thought it pretty unreasonable at the time. 

But by all means, live in the present... that's the only thing that really counts right now. And the present is looking potentially pretty naff for us Wednesday fans

Mate. Unless you wear wonka blue vision glasses and see what people want you to see rather than actually seeing with your own eyes whats occuring then im afraid thats the lie of the land on here. Bed wetter, happy clapper, take your pick.

2 minutes ago, Kameron said:

For it to be a sale actual money needs to have been exchanged and relevant taxes paid. Obviously Chansiri will be able to provide proof and the EFL will drop everything once this misunderstanding has been cleared up. 

Course he can. No problem here. Move on...........

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

When Dave Allen was involved we were a nats of doing a Bury 

when MM came in he steadied the ship but was losing about 3 million a year nevermind what he said he would have sold us to anyone with dosh 

Mr C has had a pop and it may well go boobies up to some degree it may not 

but be careful what you wish for 

Nobody wished for selling Hillsborough, colossal losses and an embargo never mind points deductions and relegation should it come to that. 

29 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Far too many people quite happy to declare on here that the club has committed fraud and that Chansiri etc are crooks.

I appreciate it doesn't look good, but, as things stand, we have been charged and those charges still have to be proven.

Dont think it is a particularly wise move to putting such things on a public forum. 

Just some saloon bar accountancy :duntmatter:

8 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Factually incorrect

Money doesn't need to have changed hands for a sale to be declared. You can agree a sale and payment details at a future date

or structured.

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

We could do a “Twelve Days of Wednesday” Chansiri gave to meeeeeeeee....!

Fiiiiiiiiiive heart attacks

4 transfer bans

3 multi deals

2 bronze plaques

And a massive stupid cake ball

Edited by torres
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, Mycroft said:

What makes you believe that? 

I am sure I read it somewhere, but I can't think where. All I can remember is that his son has/had something in his name and I thought it was the club.

I could be way off the mark though and have this horribly wrong.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Spot on

Fans will always be pleased with new signings, and most would assume the signings fit into a financial plan that won’t put us at severe risk of multiple embargoes and point deductions

The full accountability sits with the owner, and it’s now looking increasingly like he failed to initiate a sustainable business plan which operated within the rules

We’re at risk here of taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back on the pitch under his ownership, whilst being lumbered with huge debts and key assets being stripped 

Also spot on. 

There’s a very real potential for us to end up in a much much worse position than, well, ever really. 

I personally wouldn’t be happy with a trade off between nearly getting promoted to the premiership in return for actually being relegated to league one, with huge debts and not owning our own ground.

Just have to hope we can wing it I suppose.