Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

1 minute ago, Minton said:

That's Chansiri, not D-Taxis and Elev8. 

He sponsors our shirts, so is putting in the market rate for shirts, according to your figures.

We get that you don't like Chansiri, but my advice is try not to be hoisted by your own petard next time :Chansiri:

What the F are you on about

DC is the companies he has set up, the note in the accounts about related parties is companies owned by people who run/work for the club, it does matter what he calls them, they are all him and he is not putting in the going rate for sponsorship.

As for not liking him you are right he continues to make my football the team I have supported from birth look like a laughing stock in his tenure as chairman we have gone from one farce to the next, this is just the latest in a long line of them.

I did congratulate him on the signing of Bruce and the scrapping of the recruitment policy about turn getting in people who knew what they were doing a shame he has spunked the best part of £60m to get there though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

All of the shirt deals you consistently quote are Premier deals.  It’s been proved before.  Please stop lying.

I am not quoting any shirt deals I am quoting sponsorship of the club as a whole 

But don't let the fact you haven't read the post stop you having a go as usual.

Unfortunately whoever has managed this clusterfuck of financial accounting wants taking to the cleaners and rightly so. If our Chairman, a so called experienced business man according to many on here, or that finance bloke have given this the go ahead, to either bungle the figures or deliberately doctor them to suit our financial needs then yes, they deserve punishment. People need to understand that we have fudged our accounts which is illegal. Not taken advantage of a loop hole and what not like Derby or whomever. People still lambasting the EFL or blaming others for our plight aren’t looking beyond their own Wednesday tinted specs.

Thanks to the above, our club could be hit with a points deduction that will mean we are gonna be fighting for our lives in a relegation scrap. Thanks to pure and utter naivety, inexperience and a lack of attention to detail.  

I’m sorry but anyone pushing the blame on to the EFL should be embarrassed with themselves. There is no-one else to blame but those that are deemed “at the top” in their respective areas of employment. These are apparent experts at their job paid handsomely. If the auditors have missed something then yeah they need to carry the can as well … but lord above .. it could only be us that try and manipulate a sale of our historic stadium in order to cook the books.

Embarrassing, an utter joke and a complete shambles.

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

That sounds fair to me...You mean like 

"Oy!...Sheffield Wednesday ..Stop it off!!"

I think that fair...I mean I'll be pretty devastated...but I'll get over it...

lol

That, or I was thinking like EFL offering some reverse psychology encouragement...

"Oh, well done, Wednesday, you've almost caught up to the play offs places again. Good luck chasing promotion!", then watch as our players turn to the usual headless chicken state and watch us crash and burn.

1 minute ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Unfortunately whoever has managed this clusterfuck of financial accounting wants taking to the cleaners and rightly so. If our Chairman, a so called experienced business man according to many on here, or that finance bloke have given this the go ahead, to either bungle the figures or deliberately doctor them to suit our financial needs then yes, they deserve punishment. People need to understand that we have fudged our accounts which is illegal. Not taken advantage of a loop hole and what not like Derby or whomever. People still lambasting the EFL or blaming others for our plight aren’t looking beyond their own Wednesday tinted specs.

Thanks to the above, our club could be hit with a points deduction that will mean we are gonna be fighting for our lives in a relegation scrap. Thanks to pure and utter naivety, inexperience and a lack of attention to detail.  

I’m sorry but anyone pushing the blame on to the EFL should be embarrassed with themselves. There is no-one else to blame but those that are deemed “at the top” in their respective areas of employment. These are apparent experts at their job paid handsomely. If the auditors have missed something then yeah they need to carry the can as well … but lord above .. it could only be us that try and manipulate a sale of our historic stadium in order to cook the books.

I agree...and we are gonna get a right old telling off...deservedly so................

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Everyone shouting about he should have done this that and the other 

I can’t remember any threads in the first 2 seasons saying 

we better be careful of FFP 

Really? I distinctly remember arguing with you during Carlos' second season about how our recruitment strategy would leave us with an expensive squad full of people we couldn't sell, and that we seemed to be gambling on short-term success and things could go very bad.

You called me a bedwetter. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I agree with your post but maybe hold off on the bit in bold. Do we know this to be fact?

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

As for not liking him you are right he continues to make my football the team I have supported from birth look like a laughing stock in his tenure as chairman we have gone from one farce to the next, this is just the latest in a long line of them.

A playoff final, a playoff semi-final and the highest 3 finishes we've had in 15 years. 

Compared to League 1 campaigns filled with mid-table mediocrity, failing to beat bottom end league 1 teams with 9 men and ending an hour from bankrupcy with literally not a pot to wee wee in. Yeah, his tenure has been an utter shambles. Give over, you tart.

Edited by Minton

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Its also because in a contemporary way..no f.ooker knew how we were being run.

In the first 2 years we expected the wheeling and dealing selling players and buying to carry on as a normal club would...While staying within the rules...

This didn't happen did it?

We didn't know at the time..So hindsight, in this case is all we have...

I know..it doesn't help...

but its hardly a defence..".The fans went along with it".

.Please tell me what the f.ook the fans could have done , under what is a benign dictatorship

I will simplify that 

no one was bothered how much money he was chucking at it were they ?

Many were at odds with his pricing policy and rightly so but I cannot remember any threads saying we have spent too much on players 

Mr C will have to defend his fiscal goings on while still propping us up financially 

Nothing has been proven yet 

But let’s just demonise the person who was trying to give us what we have craved .

Far too many people quite happy to declare on here that the club has committed fraud and that Chansiri etc are crooks.

I appreciate it doesn't look good, but, as things stand, we have been charged and those charges still have to be proven.

Dont think it is a particularly wise move to putting such things on a public forum. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Far too many people quite happy to declare on here that the club has committed fraud and that Chansiri etc are crooks.

I appreciate it doesn't look good, but, as things stand, we have been charged and those charges still have to be proven.

Dont think it is a particularly wise move to putting such things on a public forum. 

Or incinuating that the clubs auditors have done anything wrong. 

1 minute ago, Minton said:

A playoff final, a playoff semi-final and the highest 3 finishes we've had in 15 years. 

Compared to League 1 campaigns filled with mid-table mediocrity, failing to beat bottom end league 1 teams with 9 men and ending an hour from bankrupcy with literally not a pot to wee wee in. Yeah, his tenure has been an utter shambles. Give over, you tart.

So we have achieved nothing then,

Under previous chairman we played top flight football and actual won things. 

I am in my 40's now and have seen a team win the cup, play in Europe narrowly miss out on winning the league and also be a regular in the top flight for many many years.

Those play off could end up costing us for the next 5-10 years due to the miss management of the finances.

My take on this.

The accountants who have put together our accounts have their reputations and their livelihoods at stake so I don't believe there will be anything vastly untoward in the accounts that were submitted to HMRC and Companies House. That is nothing illegal has occurred.

The club must think they have found a plausible interpretation of the EFL's P&S rules such they can present the accounts showing that we have not breached the P&S limits. They clearly believe they can defend this interpretation.

The EFL obviously believe we have not adhered to their interpretation or the intentions of the rules and that we are in breach of the limits..

An independent body will adjudicate

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

I will simplify that 

Many were at odds with his pricing policy and rightly so but I cannot remember any threads saying we have spent too much on players 

Mr C will have to defend his fiscal goings on while still propping us up financially 

But let’s just demonise the person who was trying to give us what we have craved .

There were a few bothered about 10 mill for Rhodes....the Urby fiasco....

I'm not slating Chansiri for trying....not many are...

Its been shown to be reckless tho'....Fans had no say in that.

Its like shoutin' "Shoot" to a pro footballer who knows damn well its better to cross....fans can't be at fault for wanting success...whats the point otherwise...

Its the reason we sing

"By far the greatest team the world has ever seen"..Its not based on fact is it?

3 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I will simplify that 

It doesn’t really matter if there were threads or not saying he was spending too much. It’s the owner’s job to make sure we don’t spend too much money thus breaking the rules, not posters on the internet. He’s clearly failed at that so I think it’s ok to point it out now. It’s a fact.