Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

3 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Well, I'd rather they ban him from football than penalise the club over his alleged financial trickery. Or they need to re-open the cases of Derby, Reading, etc. and the others who used this loop hole.

Or they now state explicitly that what's done is done, anyone else using this loop hole in the future will be penalised. Going back on a "shady" practice and deciding some should be penalised but not all, that sounds just too shady too. Why is it ok Derby's stadium was worth 80 million?

The loophole is a loophole therefore using it is fine. That's what loopholes are. It's how you use it that's the problem 

3 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Well, I'd rather they ban him from football than penalise the club over his alleged financial trickery. Or they need to re-open the cases of Derby, Reading, etc. and the others who used this loop hole.

Or they now state explicitly that what's done is done, anyone else using this loop hole in the future will be penalised. Going back on a "shady" practice and deciding some should be penalised but not all, that sounds just too shady too. Why is it ok Derby's stadium was worth 80 million?

They have already re-opened the cases against Derby and Reading.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/16/efl-step-investigation-derby-sheffield-wednesday-reading-stadium/

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Minton said:

I see you've missed the whole point of Chansiri sponsoring things.

Shirt sponsor offers us £1m (for example), Chansiri sponsors it himself for £1.5m. It is a step around the limit on the amount an owner is allowed to put into the club each year.

If anything, we have benefitted from the arrangement.

No Chansiri put in £1.26m in sponsorship in the last filed accounts.

Compare that with other teams in our division he is million shy of where we should be, Derby, Cardiff, West Brom etc other team were agreeing £1m deals for shirt sponsorship alone 3 or 4 years ago.

DC pays in a little over £1m for the shirts, stadium, inside the ground, the seats, the hoarding etc

Based on what DC tries to charge to external companies to get the same sponsorship coverage he should be putting in £3-5m a season or what would be put in by external sponsors. 

You are focusing on the shirt deals which we could get at least £1m a season for, I am focusing on the whole club as well shirts are but a part of it, the stadium naming rights, stand naming rights, hoarding sponsorship both inside and outside of the ground, the advertisements on the big screen both before and during the game. 

the below is an old link for last season but looking at just the LED screen link £12,000  for a 2 minute a game on match days only accounting for the match and half time that is £600,000 a season and this will be used from before and after kick off.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/commercial/sponsorship-and-advertising/

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

That little scumbag Gibson the spark after he spaffed away his parachute money.

But having said that it looks like we know who the new club accountant is

925756.jpg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Compare that with other teams in our division he is million shy of where we should be, Derby, Cardiff, West Brom etc other team were agreeing £1m deals for shirt sponsorship alone 3 or 4 years ago.

DC pays in a little over £1m for the shirts, stadium, inside the ground, the seats, the hoarding etc

Based on what DC tries to charge to external companies to get the same sponsorship coverage he should be putting in £3-5m a season or what would be put in by external sponsors. 

You are focusing on the shirt deals which we could get at least £1m a season for, I am focusing on the whole club as well shirts are but a part of it, the stadium naming rights, stand naming rights, hoarding sponsorship both inside and outside of the ground, the advertisements on the big screen both before and during the game. 

the below is an old link for last season but looking at just the LED screen link £12,000  for a 2 minute a game on match days only accounting for the match and half time that is £600,000 a season and this will be used from before and after kick off.

That's Chansiri, not D-Taxis and Elev8. 

He sponsors our shirts, so is putting in the market rate for shirts, according to your figures.

We get that you don't like Chansiri, but my advice is try not to be hoisted by your own petard next time :Chansiri:

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

All of the shirt deals you consistently quote are Premier deals.  It’s been proved before.  Please stop lying.

2 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

That's just statement of the max points deduction possible. Or receiving a harsh warning. Or being expelled from the league. Etc.

That sounds fair to me...You mean like 

"Oy!...Sheffield Wednesday ..Stop it off!!"

I think that fair...I mean I'll be pretty devastated...but I'll get over it...

9 minutes ago, Minton said:

Investigations, not cases. Derby and Reading currently have nothing to answer and only a two month old article as ‘evidence’ that they ever might. 

The fact is that we were one of the three clubs stated as being investigated but the only club that has been charged. That’s all we know.

I would love this situation to be sorted ASAP but I think this won't be drawn to a conclusion till at least March.

ENJOY THE RIDE ALL!!!!!!

All I would say is - 'Innocent till proven guilty' There is no point using hindsight knewing Chansiri was this and that because, let's face it, you didn't.