Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

No idea if she has to attend in person or not, but i'm assuming if she is being charged as well then she will have to make a statement of some sort. Even though she no loneger works for the club she still has her professional reputation to consider and if found guilty she could also face charges from her time there. She will have to say something I would have thought.

Its very coincidental to me that she left around the time the accounts were originally due. Something went amiss there in my opinion.   

so if the EFL called me as a witness would I have to attend? 

Shock that the EFL haven’t set a date for there independent panel to sit ....  

Let’s just keep plodding along thinking what to do , punish the fans even more ,  absolute farce of a set up 

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

The points deduction that is pretty much guaranteed to hit us ( no matter what some might say) I can handle, even if it relegated us. 
what concerned me at the time was why we would do this, and it concerns me even more now.  Because regardless of what punishment Chansiri and we get, he now owns our ground...... If he gets bored and wants out or we have to go busto he has clawed something back. 
I said at the time it looked to me like a safety net if things go wrong, and imo it looks even more like that now. 
and if that’s the case it’s about the only correct business decision he has made since coming here .... shame it’s for his benefit and not ours. 

He sold the ground back to himself.  And not really for his own benefit.

12 minutes ago, billyblack said:

No idea if she has to attend in person or not, but i'm assuming if she is being charged as well then she will have to make a statement of some sort. Even though she no loneger works for the club she still has her professional reputation to consider and if found guilty she could also face charges from her time there. She will have to say something I would have thought.

Its very coincidental to me that she left around the time the accounts were originally due. Something went amiss there in my opinion.   

It’s not the Old Bailey though is it ?

If she is not working within the constraints of the EFL she could just ignore them I would have thought 

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

Again - there's absolutely nothing news in these articles, which wasn't reported three weeks ago.

Like this thread, just going over old news.

Chansiri, Redgate and Meire have been individually charged (as well as the club). That wasn’t reported three weeks ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

Not as simple as that, no money has changed hands

For it to be a sale actual money needs to have been exchanged and relevant taxes paid. Obviously Chansiri will be able to provide proof and the EFL will drop everything once this misunderstanding has been cleared up. 

Absolute rubbish from accounting perspective under frs102

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

3 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Ok just find someone else to give him his 60m plus back?

Jesus, wait for result of charges before going overboard.

All this is a show of EFL wanting to be seen as doing something, whose to say we cannot prove that we have done nothing wrong (legally anyway, morally possibly)

Monk was very clear the opinion of the club that all the charges were made against issues the club had been in open communication throughout the year and had been ratified by the EFL.

Stinks that charge only came after new EFL chair appointment,.  Anger  should be aimed outside club until proven guilty

Who cares about the money? Look at Sheff U. They’ve done loads with very little. We’ve done very little with loads. The business plan stinks. I’d take a less wealthy owner who promotes the Club properly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Chansiri, Redgate and Meire have been individually charged (as well as the club). That wasn’t reported three weeks ago

They were all Directors at the time of the accounts so like the companies act requirements, I assume they have a corporate responsibility to shoulder with the EFL as fit and proper persons?

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

we as a club do t own the ground, if Chansiri walks away it isn’t Sheff wed property. And if he walks away at any point if the club liquidates then yes it quite clearly would be too his benefit. 

Apart from he still has to pay for it your argument is correlolct 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

we as a club do t own the ground, if Chansiri walks away it isn’t Sheff wed property. And if he walks away at any point if the club liquidates then yes it quite clearly would be too his benefit. 

The club owned the ground, and he owns the club.  He's created a new company that he owns and sold the ground from one company he owns to another company he owns.  So he still owns the ground.  True that he can now more easily sell either in separation from the other, but he always could have done that if he chose to, and not in a manner that is clearly designed to exploit a financial loophole (which he wouldn't need to do at all if he was doing it for his own personal benefit).

Guest Bulgaria
49 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I cant wait to hear Katriens view at the hearing

I will let you know once she gets out the shower.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Must all be a load of cack then. Its probably not even happening.

I'm not saying it's a load of cack - I'm saying the 'new' news is nothing new.

We knew all the details three weeks ago. The then three Directors will of course have to answer - why wouldn't they - there not just grounds man and the tea lady.