Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

2 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

My take on this.

The accountants who have put together our accounts have their reputations and their livelihoods at stake so I don't believe there will be anything vastly untoward in the accounts that were submitted to HMRC and Companies House. That is nothing illegal has occurred.

The club must think they have found a plausible interpretation of the EFL's P&S rules such they can present the accounts showing that we have not breached the P&S limits. They clearly believe they can defend this interpretation.

The EFL obviously believe we have not adhered to their interpretation or the intentions of the rules and that we are in breach of the limits..

An independent body will adjudicate

Exactly - We may not have broken any laws. The EFL clearly feel we have broken their rules. 

It’s possible for both to be true and the independent body will rule accordingly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Really? I distinctly remember arguing with you during Carlos' second season about how our recruitment strategy would leave us with an expensive squad full of people we couldn't sell, and that we seemed to be gambling on short-term success and things could go very bad.

You called me a bedwetter. 

Of course you did petal 

Just now, Sonny said:

Exactly - We may not have broken any laws. The EFL clearly feel we have broken their rules. 

It’s possible for both to be true and the independent body will rule accordingly.

Can we bribe this independant body or entrap them in compromising positions, get a few of the good looking posters to entrap them, Rickygoo for starters.  I'm sure that he would take one for the good of the club.

21 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Unfortunately whoever has managed this clusterfuck of financial accounting wants taking to the cleaners and rightly so. If our Chairman, a so called experienced business man according to many on here, or that finance bloke have given this the go ahead, to either bungle the figures or deliberately doctor them to suit our financial needs then yes, they deserve punishment. People need to understand that we have fudged our accounts which is illegal. Not taken advantage of a loop hole and what not like Derby or whomever. People still lambasting the EFL or blaming others for our plight aren’t looking beyond their own Wednesday tinted specs.

Thanks to the above, our club could be hit with a points deduction that will mean we are gonna be fighting for our lives in a relegation scrap. Thanks to pure and utter naivety, inexperience and a lack of attention to detail.  

I’m sorry but anyone pushing the blame on to the EFL should be embarrassed with themselves. There is no-one else to blame but those that are deemed “at the top” in their respective areas of employment. These are apparent experts at their job paid handsomely. If the auditors have missed something then yeah they need to carry the can as well … but lord above .. it could only be us that try and manipulate a sale of our historic stadium in order to cook the books.

Embarrassing, an utter joke and a complete shambles.

Amen

4 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

This chairman you talk of, also known as our FFP Compliance Consultant introduced to DC by MM.

:duntmatter:

I must be missing something but do you read anything are just post

What top flight football did we have under Milan ????????/

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

It doesn’t really matter if there were threads or not saying he was spending too much. It’s the owner’s job to make sure we don’t spend too much money thus breaking the rules, not posters on the internet. He’s clearly failed at that so I think it’s ok to point it out now. It’s a fact.

Spot on

Fans will always be pleased with new signings, and most would assume the signings fit into a financial plan that won’t put us at severe risk of multiple embargoes and point deductions

The full accountability sits with the owner, and it’s now looking increasingly like he failed to initiate a sustainable business plan which operated within the rules

We’re at risk here of taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back on the pitch under his ownership, whilst being lumbered with huge debts and key assets being stripped 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The only problem with this scenario is that the EFL will appoint the "independent body " as far as I'm aware. 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Depends if there's anything wrong with what's been done. If there are no problems no-one is to blame. If there is something  wrong and it's a genuine mistake/error/misunderstanding not picked up by the auditors then yes they are to blame. If it's deliberate falsehood then the auditors may share some of the blame but the prime fault lies with someone within the club. Until the facts emerge it's alls peculation.

What's not speculation is the accounts are appalling and we've had to sell Hillsborough.  

A mistake like 'sorry i meant 2019 not 2018"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I must be missing something but do you read anything are just post

What top flight football did we have under Milan ????????/

Our FFP advisor is Sir Dave Richards.

I read everything prior to posting, between the lines and prior to deletion.

Maybe it’s you who “are just post.”

Edited by sonofbert2

Just now, sage owl said:

The only problem with this scenario is that the EFL will appoint the "independent body " as far as I'm aware. 

True, but the one hope comes from the EFL appealing against the decision that the independent body made against Bolton. If they’re rigging the game then they haven’t been very good at it so far.

17 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I will simplify that 

no one was bothered how much money he was chucking at it were they ?

Many were at odds with his pricing policy and rightly so but I cannot remember any threads saying we have spent too much on players 

Mr C will have to defend his fiscal goings on while still propping us up financially 

Nothing has been proven yet 

But let’s just demonise the person who was trying to give us what we have craved .

Because nobody knew the pickle we were in. He specifically said FFP wasn’t a problem. He was either wrong or lying. 

9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Of course you did petal 

I remember it very well because I was surprised at how strong and unpleasant your vitriol towards me was, after I expressed my concern about the scattergun recruitment seemingly focussed around older players in positions that we seemed pretty well stocked in. I thought it pretty unreasonable at the time. 

But by all means, live in the present... that's the only thing that really counts right now. And the present is looking potentially pretty naff for us Wednesday fans

• Like 1