#OnThisDay in 1961

Will we ever see teams like Roma again at Hillsborough in competitive games. I hope so but I am in my 40's now and the last one I saw was Kaiserslautern and that was 26 years ago.

I hope we get our act together and get back into the top flight and fighting for European football again.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

Will we ever see teams like Roma again at Hillsborough in competitive games. I hope so but I am in my 40's now and the last one I saw was Kaiserslautern and that was 26 years ago.

I hope we get our act together and get back into the top flight and fighting for European football again.

Will we ever see a team like Wednesday again ?

They could run.

They could tackle.

They could shoot.

They could pass to shirts of the same colour.

All attributes that have left our game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

Will we ever see a team like Wednesday again ?

They could run.

They could tackle.

They could shoot.

They could pass to shirts of the same colour.

All attributes that have left our game.

You know what, dumbold .

It was the sheer joy of going to a game without all the circus and theatre that surrounds the modern football.

Its a simple bloody game after all.

Nobody can tell me it wasnt a better game when it was 2 full backs, 2 halfbacks, a centre half , 2 wingers, 2 inside forwards and a centre forward.

It all changed around 66 and the game as it was before that was lost forever.

2 hours ago, Ibbo48 said:

You know what, dumbold .

It was the sheer joy of going to a game without all the circus and theatre that surrounds the modern football.

Its a simple bloody game after all.

Nobody can tell me it wasnt a better game when it was 2 full backs, 2 halfbacks, a centre half , 2 wingers, 2 inside forwards and a centre forward.

It all changed around 66 and the game as it was before that was lost forever.

It was certainly more watchable and a far more honest game,far more open and entertaining,untill we started playing in europe,English sides employed more european type tactics,reference Don Revie and his constant trips to watch madrid and their tactics were employed by leeds in the 60s,he called proffesional,we called them cheats,these days its rife in english football.

I barely watch europa or champions league these days,but back in the 60s/70s you wouldnt miss it,if only to see the antics of the euro sides,diving,spitting,time wasting,getting opponents sent off,it was pure drama and the european sides were the queens of drama.

These days its hard to seperate them,at least we played hard english style football back in the day,these days both sides just fanny about its totally unwatchable

• Like 2

13 hours ago, victorturner said:

Tony Kay an outstanding player with lots of skill to go with his fearless and fearsome tackling.

He tried harder and spent more energy running down the tunnel for the kick off than some of our so called mid-fielders spend in ninety minutes.