Monk is ambitious, glad to hear

Didn't like him before he turned up here, one of those faces. So far so good although i'm a little bit envious of Stoke ending up with O'Neil

Monk hasn't really been allowed to settle yet, and has an alarmingly high amount of clubs for his age.

I've said for years we want someone who can build for a long term future and we've had some pretenders to the throne. 

I'd like to see some good foundations laid and if we don't end up top 6 this season allow him to see through his vision.    I don't want Chansiri to get it wrong third time on the trot and get rid too soon this time where he has held on too long previously.

My only concern is the lack of using some youth who will move on if not used, like Thorniley.   

Edited by Salmonbones

Couple of things.

To a degree he has been dealt the short straw with previous clubs. Either poor chairmen, points deduction, or not backed properly.

With regards to the youth, most are struggling to jump the gap from under 23's, under 18's to first team contention. Although impressed when Iv'e seen him I understand Thorniley made a horrendous mistake for Burnley's equaliser earlier in the week. 

We can't just put kids in the team for the sake of it as proved under Jos.

I agree the squad does need freshing up with some youth though but I think we will have to wait until January unfortunately.

For the sake of it no, but for the sake of bringing on those who have a chance of making it, absolutely.

Thorniley has consistently shown he is able, even when played out of position and I can't think of too many more to be honest so you are right in that respect as I can only use him as an example right now.

Maybe Penney upon his return but i'm not sure how his loan is going.

Edited by Salmonbones

12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

How do you square that circle?

I dunno

Anybody....?

Easy, allow him to make mistakes this season.

He runs a tight ship, doesn't talk in riddles, seems to have the players fitness at heart - more than 2 weeks out you sit out until you can do an U23 match for instance, which seems quite first team alien but player orientated.

If he is allowed to make this season the season he can make mistakes, he can't be shown the door for not producing is my take on the matter.    He's close, not sure close enough with these players.   

Damn I want him to make it this season though, just like all Wednesday fans.

not 100% convinced as yet. Previously the defence has never been the issue. each year we've equaled or nearly matched our clean sheet record.

The results early on came largely from crosses, I believe we where the team with the most crosses into the box and fletcher was repeating the rewards.

The last 4-5 games we've drifted away from what was working in the attack and the crosses have stopped. 

Also although the goals against on paper are ok, we've survived some sitters. Dawson pulled off an amazing stop, fox and borner have thrown bodies on the goal line. Westwood has saved numerous certs. and asomalongadingdong missed two (bank the house the car and kids futures) chances.

We're at the point now where things can go two ways. Get a decent result in the next two and things are looking up, loose both and confidence could be shot and all the wonder stops stop happening. 

3 minutes ago, Slogboy said:

Penny's doing well. Fans like him, he likes st Pauli.

Jos always believed in him.

Yes it was a good move to send him out, although it might have been more prudent to get him to sign an extension first In fact, things don’t look as desperate at left back as they did earlier. Penney is doing well, Fox’s game has picked up, and Palmer has proven a reliable stand inp