Just out of interest as this decade is nearly out. 

We started it with relegation back to League One, mostly forgettable 2011 before promotion back to the Champions in 2012.

Had a bogus takeover in 2014 before being bought by Chansiri in 2015 and reaching the Playoff Final in 2016 and Playoffs in 2017.

2018 was dross and 2019 not bad (so far). 

So, how will the next decade play out and where will be in ten years time? 

Guest LondonOwl313

2019’s record is:

Played 35

Won 15

Drawn 12

Lost 8

Points 57

Equates to 75 points over a full season. Since 2015 when we upgraded most of the squad the team has consistently had play off form. 2015/16, 2016/17 and all of 2019. Only in the injury ravaged third season followed by the clueless Jos period have we not had play off form.

Odds are good we’ll get another shot at promotion next year, so we could end the decade in the premier league with two promotions and no relegations. That would have been a decent decade

A lot can happen in 10 years. The top 6 have looked invincible in recent years but this season 3 of them look very average. Maybe it is possible for a team like us to play in Europe again by 2030... here’s hoping anyway 

At a guess, pretty much the same place we are right now. Possibly a promotion to EPL along the way, possibly a relegation to EFL1 along the way. But in 2029-30 we'll most likely be exactly where are now, aiming for the promised land, but ultimately falling short.

But as long as we have a hell of a lot of fun along the way, I'll be happy.

Lets face it. As much as we like to admit it to ourselves or not, that beautiful day at the old twin towers back in early 1991 is as good as its going to get in most of our lifetimes.

But Im Wednesday, and I f'kin love it.

Guest The Horse

Could be Euro Champs.

Could be L1.

So much could happen.

A decade ago, Leicester were pretty much like us. Just come up from L1, flirted with the top 10 in the champ for five years then off they went.

Man City used to be the unfashionable bridesmaids similar to us then the oil money came in and they're now one of the best sides on the planet.

If we get to the Prem, I can see us being part of the top ten at least with Chansiri able to spend pretty much at will.

It's just getting there.

This league is like a pitcher plant for famous old clubs. Easy to fall into, almost impossible to escape from.

We won't be playing our football at Hillsborough is the only thing I could say with any real confidence. If by some miracle we are, the capacity will be 750 and we'll have to parachute in 'cos there won't be a single road open 3 days before or after a Wednesday match in the whole of South Yorkshire.

Edited by archieswfc
  • Haha 5

Guest Jack the Hat

No idea where we will be in 10 years we are too unpredictable. More importantly where will we be next year? I don’t know. I don’t have 20 20 vision!!

8 hours ago, steelerian said:

At a guess, pretty much the same place we are right now. Possibly a promotion to EPL along the way, possibly a relegation to EFL1 along the way. But in 2029-30 we'll most likely be exactly where are now, aiming for the promised land, but ultimately falling short.

But as long as we have a hell of a lot of fun along the way, I'll be happy.

Lets face it. As much as we like to admit it to ourselves or not, that beautiful day at the old twin towers back in early 1991 is as good as its going to get in most of our lifetimes.

But Im Wednesday, and I f'kin love it.

I didn't even get to see that! 

Hopefully we'll have reached the Premier League by then. It would be nice to think I'll see us play in Europe in my lifetime too. 

Guest wilyfox

We'll be hooked up to A.I. by then. The reptilian elite will make their presence known and assert their control over mankind.

- D.Icke