Three players away from top 6

In my view. We looked well organised today, which bodes well moving forward with Monk. We have sprinkles of quality in the likes of Bannan, Reach and Harris. But for me three players short of a promotion charge.

Full back, centre mid and a striker. I hope Monk can keep us in and around the top 10 by January, and then we can bring a couple more in for a final push? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

We have Luongo on the bench.

Maybe he should be given a try before we go out and buy another.

But yeh we do look a bit weak compared to the top teams.

Not renowned for his goal scoring Luongo. Sitting at the base of the three, like Reed did for Fulham today, I think he’d be a better choice than Hutch.

But would like us to sign an all round midfield player who will chip in with goals, assists, can tackle and can impose himself on a game. 

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

In my view. We looked well organised today, which bodes well moving forward with Monk. We have sprinkles of quality in the likes of Bannan, Reach and Harris. But for me three players short of a promotion charge.

Full back, centre mid and a striker. I hope Monk can keep us in and around the top 10 by January, and then we can bring a couple more in for a final push? 

Do you mean as first choice or as competition.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Not renowned for his goal scoring Luongo. Sitting at the base of the three, like Reed did for Fulham today, I think he’d be a better choice than Hutch.

But would like us to sign an all round midfield player who will chip in with goals, assists, can tackle and can impose himself on a game. 

Yeah I agree.

I'd just like Luongo to have a chance in That Hutch role first 

Our midfield looks weaker than ever at the mo.

Only thing that gives me some comfort is that the championship is pretty average this season. However, right now, with our current squad, this is not a top 6 team. 

I can see us finishing top half but we look well short for top 6. We haven’t controlled one game this season. Midfield isn’t functioning and it’s becoming a huge concern. 

• Haha 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

First choice. 

Who are the three you are dropping? 

I think we need more competition in midfield but we are over run in the other two areas. 

Think monk needs more time on the training ground working with them.

Lees to come back in and potentially Forestieri. 

Come January we may be in better shape and we may not need so many changes.

• Like 1

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Only thing that gives me some comfort is that the championship is pretty average this season. However, right now, with our current squad, this is not a top 6 team. 

I can see us finishing top half but we look well short for top 6. We haven’t controlled one game this season. Midfield isn’t functioning and it’s becoming a huge concern. 

The same midfield today failed to get us up 4 years ago. We’re mad to think it will suddenly click and work now. It needs freshening. All three are 4 years older and the likes of Lee has missed a lot of football unfortunately. 

Individually three very good players, but against the better sides in this league they struggle to control a game. Luongo deserves a shot. And the next big signing we make should be a quality central midfield player. 

• Like 1

I’d say that’s about right, a pacy goalscorer is probably the key player that’s missing in the current system.  

When Burnley got promoted under Dyche they were organised and turgid. But had André Gray scoring off scraps and making his own luck. If we had a player like that alongside Fletcher and play a 442 with the players we have, I’d say top 6 would be realistic 

12 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I’d say that’s about right, a pacy goalscorer is probably the key player that’s missing in the current system.  

When Burnley got promoted under Dyche they were organised and turgid. But had André Gray scoring off scraps and making his own luck. If we had a player like that alongside Fletcher and play a 442 with the players we have, I’d say top 6 would be realistic 

Agreed we need pace up top as an option. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

agree with whats needed and if chansiri gives monk15- 20 million in January  we may well be on our way...…...I suspect that he wont though . 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You gonna lend the club the 5 million it will cost in January to bring in such a player?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
59 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

And 6 short of a top 3.

We are a mid table side,weve not freshened things up when weve had the chance to move players on and we are paying the price

Weird comment. 11-12 players left in the summer. I think that’s freshening it up!