Three players away from top 6

44 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Weird comment. 11-12 players left in the summer. I think that’s freshening it up!

The centre mid is still the same,the strikers are the same,the keepers the same,the left back has left so we have a RB left back which is fresh but not ideal,the only thing weve changed is a defender,Borner and Harris out wide,other than that hows it fresh?

• Like 1

Unfortunately it's not just adding players to what we have, the current ones need swapping out.

I'd sell Reach even for £4-5m in January if we can get it and put it into a pacy or tricky forward even from a lower level.

Imagine a Nahki Wells next to Fletcher.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

The centre mid is still the same,the strikers are the same,the keepers the same,the left back has left so we have a RB left back which is fresh but not ideal,the only thing weve changed is a defender,Borner and Harris out wide,other than that hows it fresh?

You do realize this isn’t football manager on a computer right? We were under an embargo for the majority of the summer. We did bloody well to change as many as we did. Will take 2 more transfer windows to sort this out!

6 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Unfortunately it's not just adding players to what we have, the current ones need swapping out.

I'd sell Reach even for £4-5m in January if we can get it and put it into a pacy or tricky forward even from a lower level.

Imagine a Nahki Wells next to Fletcher.

What an awful bit of business that would be.

10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not renowned for his goal scoring Luongo. Sitting at the base of the three, like Reed did for Fulham today, I think he’d be a better choice than Hutch.

But would like us to sign an all round midfield player who will chip in with goals, assists, can tackle and can impose himself on a game. 

We'd all like a midfielder who can score goals, make assists, tackle and impose himself; unfortunately someone like that would be way out of our price range. 

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

agree with whats needed and if chansiri gives monk15- 20 million in January  we may well be on our way...…...I suspect that he wont though . 

In terms of that comment aimed at my post, Andre Gray cost Burnley £8m, Callum Wilson cost Bournemouth £3m, Gayle cost WBA a couple of mill in loan fees, and same for Nkeitah at Leeds.  So we don’t need £15-20m to sign the pacy striker we need, just a loan would be fine.  

The likes of Gayle, Brewster and Obefemi etc. could be allowed out on loan in January. Or we could be like other clubs and actually be shrewd in the transfer market with signing up coming talent 

Edited by Owls-Fan