European Football Official Thread 2019/20

Just now, scram said:

As odd as it may sound I think Liverpool are the only team that are up there with Bayern. 

City are just an above average european team - last 8 for sure but fodder for the best teams. 

Probably not wrong there. 

City just aren't quite right at the moment. Just a bit disjointed, with De Bruyne papering over some notable cracks. 

Defence is a real mess atm. Keeper hasn't been at his best too. 

Has to be said, even if there was a foul in the build up to that second goal, the defending from City is absolutely horrific. 

Not a single City player in their own half when Lyon play the through ball. Appalling. 

I think city might have peaked- this era may be over

There are so many weaknesses to rectify for them to be a European Great

I love Pep.

I hope he stays and pushes them on

But I'm seeing echoes of his list season at bayern

• Like 1

Just now, Putney said:

I know it’s a small sample size but I really like the single game knockouts. I wouldn’t necessarily get rid of the two legged ties as there is something fantastic about seeing a team come back and win but this is good fun.

They're loads better imo

Just now, scram said:

I think city might have peaked- this era may be over

There are so many weaknesses to rectify for them to be a European Great

I love Pep.

I hope he stays and pushes them on

But I'm seeing echoes of his list season at bayern

He's overrated imo, for the money he will be on and what he has spent he has done nothing that you wouldnt expect. Put it this way if city could go back four years and know Guardiola would win 2/4 PL, 1 FA cup, loads of league cups but most importantly for them no CL, they would not hire him

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He's overrated imo, for the money he will be on and what he has spent he has done nothing that you wouldnt expect. Put it this way if city could go back four years and know Guardiola would win 2/4 PL, 1 FA cup, loads of league cups but most importantly for them no CL, they would not hire him

Nah, I reckon they would. 

Man City this season shows how important Kompany was to that team. Hardly any of their back four are amongst the best when it comes to defending and leadership, unless I'm mistaken?

Kompany had his fair share of injuries in his final years but his leadership is missed big time. Fernandinho also finished, not to mention in an attacking sense Silva now finished with Aguero ageing.

Reminds me a little of Pep's final season at Bayern, a brilliant squad who are all ageing. 

Liverpool for example have Van Dyk who was probably the signing that really moulded them, made a very exciting attacking team also solid at the back. Plus the signing of a quality keeper in Allison. 

Their attackers also in their prime, for the next year or so anyway.