Premier League 2019/20

Very weak PL this year. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have probably their weakest squads and management in the PL era. Man City and Liverpool will have disappeared over the horizon again in a couple of weeks time. Yawn

7 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Very weak PL this year. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have probably their weakest squads and management in the PL era. Man City and Liverpool will have disappeared over the horizon again in a couple of weeks time. Yawn

Hate to say it but the top flight over here as become more and more like all the other top European leagues. Dominated by one or two teams. It gets depressing hearing after every Liverpool or Man City victory, how teams that have been up there for years haven't beaten them in so many games or so many years... Especially when you compare it with the likes of us; Leeds, Villa, Forest, Norwich, Wimbledon, etc often turning over the top teams back in the 90s or 80s. The top flight and many of the other top European leagues seemed more exciting back when I were a kid in the late 80s/90s.

Edited by The Night-Owl

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I know I shouldn’t say this but I wish Bruce was still our manager. 

Still don't see it working out there even despite the team digging in for him and beating Spurs away from home. However, if they had got someone else in instead and he'd stayed here, I reckon this would have been our season to finally go back up. 

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I know I shouldn’t say this but I wish Bruce was still our manager. 

I’m gutted he’s not our manager. He was our ticket to the PL. Now we’re mid table fodder until someone decent comes in

1 hour ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Yeah, he’s booked in for a nose reconstruction ... out till 2022 by all accounts 

Yeah, weird innit. Never has a humans eyes been so far apart than that if the case of Troy Deeney

22 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Hate to say it but the top flight over here as become more and more like all the other top European leagues. Dominated by one or two teams. It gets depressing hearing after every Liverpool or Man City victory, how teams that have been up there for years haven't beaten them in so many games or so many years... Especially when you compare it with the likes of us; Leeds, Villa, Forest, Norwich, Wimbledon, etc often turning over the top teams back in the 90s or 80s. The top flight and many of the other top European leagues seemed more exciting back when I were a kid in the late 80s/90s.

Should have implemented a salary cap and more robust revenue sharing.