Premier League 2019/20

On 17/08/2019 at 19:41, vulva said:

Although I can’t abide VAR, the issue here is the change in the handball rules. 

VAR is the worst thing to ever happen to the game. 

Agreed, does the game really need VAR to confirm every decision or were we happy to let human error be a factor? 

One reason I hate sports like rugby is the stop start nature of it. Checking videos to see what’s happened.  Football should be kept a pure sport - with just goal line technology. It should just be a ball, some blokes (or ladies) and a referee team. Simple 

Edited by Owls-Fan

11 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Vomit inducing.............MOTD2

I'll say no more

They are certainly the little media darlings, that's including all local. Let's see how loyal they actually are when it hits a rought patch and results arent going their way. That included the fans, wouldn't believe these had 14k in attendance for a playoff semi final not long ago....

11 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Superb atmosphere at Molineux. 

Very much a club on the up imo. 

Firmly in that "best of the rest" category and I mean that as a compliment. 

Got some quality players and a great manager. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Very much a club on the up imo. 

Firmly in that "best of the rest" category and I mean that as a compliment. 

Got some quality players and a great manager. 

Not too long ago that we beat Wolves 4-1 or whatever it was and we were marching on to Wembley whilst Wolves finished 16th in the Champ. :duntmatter:

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Not too long ago that we beat Wolves 4-1 or whatever it was and we were marching on to Wembley whilst Wolves finished 16th in the Champ. :duntmatter:

I know...a few years back we were a much better team than Wolves, Dem Blades and a few others. 

Unfortunately, we didn't build on it and accordingly we were caught up and overtaken. 

Still - what it does show is how quickly things can turn. Outside of the big 6 and a few others, I think most clubs success is somewhat finite. A change of manager, losing a key player etc.,and it can all go south very quickly. 

Love to know how much Wolves pay all these players. 

i mean...getting Portuguese and Spanish internationals to move to Wolverhampton...that's got to be a hard sell, surely? 

Wolverhampton? 

I mean...it's always sounded like it was made up. Weird. 

I like Wan-Bissaka... he can tackle and really get up and down. 

Good signing for Man U... Maguire will be too. 

Probably overpaid for Maguire by about £25m, but he’ll fill a void... and it means no more Jones or Smalling. 

Edited by Kopparberg

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

two of my mates moaning because it was "offside..."

Utter idiots. 

Yes, they want goals ruled out because someone's elbow was slightly offside. 

No one should want to see that given offside but are now in a position where we’ll ignore the rules if the goal was brilliant? Looked very similar to the disallowed city goal at West Ham in regards to the lines. 

Edited by Night King

Just now, Night King said:

No one should want to see that given offside but are now in a position where we’ll ignore the rules if the goal was brilliant? Looked very similar to the disallowed city goal at West Ham. 

Yep, and that was a stupid decision.