A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I have heard a view that the brain behind the system and tactics is Knill with Wilder as the front man, motivator etc.

Wouldn’t be unusual for that to be the case.

Obviously they tried to get at Arsenal in the air and turn it into a game of hoof ball. Not a bad plan cos Arsenal are weak defensively, shame it didn’t work.

Also think they missing O’Connell, first time they had a couple of injuries. Consistency of selection has played a massive part in their rise.

Not first time this has been heard to me either, he’s the mastermind 

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

I have heard a view that the brain behind the system and tactics is Knill with Wilder as the front man, motivator etc.

Obviously they tried to get at Arsenal in the air and turn it into a game of hoof ball. Not a bad plan cos Arsenal are weak defensively, shame it didn’t work.

Also think they missing O’Connell, first time they had a couple of injuries. Consistency of selection has played a massive part in their rise.

What ticks me off a bit is this whole overlapping CBs like they created the system. Conte won the league with Chelsea having Azpilacueta and Cahill doing just that.

United have just found the players that fit the system well and work their socks off. Full credit to them. 

7 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Well the latest what I'm getting from pig mates,  is that its obvious that the Premier League don't want them in the top flight hence the VAR disallowing all these goals. Its basically them against the world cr@p, and no doubt have another fairness in football protest led by Sean Bean and Tesco carrier bag full of Stella cans.

Didn't get chance to see them yesterday but according to my piggy friends they dominated the game and should have won comfortably?

I saw the second half, and United was the better team based on that but in reality they was two poor teams. The fact they bottled it when they'd just equalised made it even funnier

I've seen the past few games now on TV and they've been woeful, as in seriously woeful. That Berge is such a waste of money. Unbelievable Wilder isn't facing more scrutiny for his spending. I said a year ago or so it's one thing being able to pick up cheap players who work hard and fit your team, but it's another thing when you actually have a transfer kitty and was yet to be seen how effective he'll be with one. So far he's been poor with none of his signings appearing to be up to much at all

As for Henderson, he's getting so much bum kissing but he is making mistakes. The Arsenal goal yesterday, there was 2 against Newcastle and they are just matches I've seen. His fragility and issues are coming to light now his defense have gone AWOL. He made plenty of mistakes last season too. He's good and he's young, but he's not the messiah everyone is making him out to be and I'm not surprised Man Utd aren't wanting him back anytime soon

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Plonk said:

fizz em. I was starting to get seriously worried they might actually qualify for the champions league. I’m sleeping a lot easier now I can tell you

I was getting worried that they might win FA Cup. Seeing than winner going in at end completed a perfect day yesterday. garymegson

9 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Well the latest what I'm getting from pig mates,  is that its obvious that the Premier League don't want them in the top flight hence the VAR disallowing all these goals. Its basically them against the world cr@p, and no doubt have another fairness in football protest led by Sean Bean and Tesco carrier bag full of Stella cans.

Didn't get chance to see them yesterday but according to my piggy friends they dominated the game and should have won comfortably?

But.....but......they're everybodies second favourite team !

7 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Yeah I was told this ages ago off a pig mate regarding Knill been the brains behind it all. Which is strange considering he hasn't been a huge success when he was manager at other clubs.

22 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Yeah I was told this ages ago off a pig mate regarding Knill been the brains behind it all. Which is strange considering he hasn't been a huge success when he was manager at other clubs.

Look at Mr coaching badges Alan Irvine.

Awesome No2, crap manager.

1 hour ago, Tea Baggins said:

Look at Mr coaching badges Alan Irvine.

Awesome No2, crap manager.

"Awesome", really?

Was at Everton when they had a couple of good seasons under Moyes, but since then he's only been an assistant at Blackburn and West Ham when they've been mediocre. 

We can't exactly take the pi$$ but not gonna lie - now CL and FA Cup out the window - it's a massive relief.

If they don't get Europa now, whilst its still an excellent season for them, they've won't have done anything notable that anyone will remember.

1 hour ago, nickswfc said:

We can't exactly take the pi$$ but not gonna lie - now CL and FA Cup out the window - it's a massive relief.

If they don't get Europa now, whilst its still an excellent season for them, they've won't have done anything notable that anyone will remember.

Depends how they finish the season...if they only get 4/5 points from the 9 games a fair few, especially potential signings, will remember 🤞

On 29/06/2020 at 20:42, Johnny Concrete said:

I recall knill bringing Bury to us one night,a league cup game,under Irvine I think it was and they totally played us off the park,they just used the ball really well and passed it without waste......but pretty sure we still won the game, Steven Schumacher was the best player on the pitch

On 29/06/2020 at 20:42, Johnny Concrete said:

If he hasn't had a motivator as his assistant or confidence in his own decisions this could explain it. 

Years ago didn't it start out with Knill as manager and Wilder as his assistant?