Whats the best way to make sure we have another terrible season this year?

7 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Twice he's been caretaker manager, twice he's been asked if he'd take the job permanently, twice he's said no, I'm not a manager and don't want to be. Twice he's said he wants the club to appoint as soon as possible so he can get on with the coaching. 

Have people missed these interviews?

No but then they also haven't missed the interview he did last week where he said he feels he is ready for it, if it happens.

6 hours ago, Saracen7 said:

So Bullen went in the net at Millwall because he was playing poorly in defence and they wanted to move him around? Or was he doing what he did a lot that season, covering for injured players, like David Lucas?

Defender, captain, the way he conducted himself and handled the the other players off the pitch; you'll only get a great from me for Bullen. 

I attended regular that season, he was the most basic center back I have ever witnessed. he could tackle but his distribution was non existent in fact 99/100 he would kick the ball out of play when he won a 50/50.

Every time Bullen touched the ball it either went out of play or was booted up field aimlessly, I absolutely hated watching him play but in fairness he's a quality bloke and had a decent coaching career (COACH)

1 minute ago, ... said:

I attended regular that season, he was the most basic center back I have ever witnessed. he could tackle but his distribution was non existent in fact 99/100 he would kick the ball out of play when he won a 50/50.

Every time Bullen touched the ball it either went out of play or was booted up field aimlessly, I absolutely hated watching him play but in fairness he's a quality bloke and had a decent coaching career (COACH)

Another thing I really like about Bullen is the interaction he as with the fans, i never want to lose that, he sticks up for the club and the players and thats important.

If he reads this thread he'd probably think i'm a c0ck but its just an honest opinion.

Great servant

The most cringey line on this site

People make out that bullen is doing us a favour by staying here and that he's had better offers elsewhere

Fair enough he's a nice guy

But has no reason to be promoted to head coach 

Get a proper manager in 

So we shouldn't have bullen because some think he'll be great and some don't?

Could say that about pretty much every manager out there couldn't you. 

It's irrelevant anyway. Get the team winning and everyone will love you regardless of who you are. 

This is what makes the Newcastle fans reaction to Steve Bruce so amusing. If he has them in the top 6 after 10 games they'll be demanding a statue be raised outside the ground.

2 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Great servant

The most cringey line on this site

People make out that bullen is doing us a favour by staying here and that he's had better offers elsewhere

Fair enough he's a nice guy

But has no reason to be promoted to head coach 

Get a proper manager in 

He could have made billions selling houses, billions I tell yer

On 19/07/2019 at 23:04, ... said:

Giving Bullen the managers job.

Why..... i will tell you why. 

• It will completely split the fan base, some love him and think he'd be great and some like myself do not want to run the risk of giving the job to someone just because they have been a decent servant, Danny Wilson was a brilliant player for Wednesday but does anyone remember what happened when he managed us? Chris Turner also?
  • We saw the affect having a experienced manager had on the team, yes Bullen could continue in that vein but what happens if wheels come off a few games in? there is a reason the likes of Pearson never wanted to manage Wednesday.
  • Recruitment, has Bullen ever been involved in recruitment of players? scouting?
  • Chansiri sacked Gray after finishing 13th and he on paper is a much better candidate than Bullen.
  • He was a bang average player... I know this means nothing from a managerial perspective but Bullen is viewed as some great player of years gone by and in reality he was PAP, he may have played every position but the reality is he was crap in every position hence been moved around.

He does have a role at Hillsborough but not the managers, think it should be left at that.

To answer the title of this thread...

Losing the manager

Not appointing a new manager

Not looking like appointing a new manager

Legal battles in relation to the kit

Legal battles with ex-managers and coaches

Embargo 

Sold the ground and will probably get investigated

No communication from inside the club on most things - not that its needed, sometimes information provides a bit of confidence that we have competent people running the club

I think we've ticked all the boxes...

On 19/07/2019 at 18:05, Lord Snooty said:

Bryan Robson. Now there was a player.  Played for the best. International and club skipper. Loads of connections in the game. 

Promotions on his C.V.

Sound just the ticket.

Come on.. let's be real here. All this biting and sniping is less than becoming. The level and standard of a managers playing career is inevitably going to impact his relationships with players.

I don't think anyone can argue that. Gerrard, for example, will get far more engrained respect than other candidates from players.

On 20/07/2019 at 18:05, marcx666 said:

I'd rather have piles than either 

How much pain would you accept to prevent Coleman taking over? 

I've mulled this over.. I reckon.. a severe bout of d and v ... maybe 3 weeks long... 

Edit: but I have to work through it.

Edited by Spondon Owl