Whats the best way to make sure we have another terrible season this year?

Giving Bullen the managers job.

Why..... i will tell you why. 

• It will completely split the fan base, some love him and think he'd be great and some like myself do not want to run the risk of giving the job to someone just because they have been a decent servant, Danny Wilson was a brilliant player for Wednesday but does anyone remember what happened when he managed us? Chris Turner also?
  • We saw the affect having a experienced manager had on the team, yes Bullen could continue in that vein but what happens if wheels come off a few games in? there is a reason the likes of Pearson never wanted to manage Wednesday.
  • Recruitment, has Bullen ever been involved in recruitment of players? scouting?
  • Chansiri sacked Gray after finishing 13th and he on paper is a much better candidate than Bullen.
  • He was a bang average player... I know this means nothing from a managerial perspective but Bullen is viewed as some great player of years gone by and in reality he was PAP, he may have played every position but the reality is he was crap in every position hence been moved around.
Edited by ...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its time a certain part of the fan base woke up, we need an experienced manager who take the rough with the smooth, I like Bullen i think he's a brilliant guy and he should have a job for life... but not the Managers Job.

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Bullen has always been available in a crisis for the club and I believe would do any job he was asked to do.

Get off his back whoever you are....●●●•••

But does this qualify him to take over the team at what could be one of the most important times in our history, if we fizz this season up where done, we can't sell stadium again and we certainly can't keep on like we have.

Just now, marcx666 said:

If only there was a thread about the next manager, or Bullen, where this unnecessary post could have found it's way. Someone should start one :ph34r:

Honestly don't think people realise how important the decision is on who we have as next manager, its been 3 years since we graced the top 6, the dreams of playing premier league our almost gone and meanwhile our neighbors have some how managed to get there without spending a flipping penny while we have spent more in 3 years than the last 15 put together.

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Bullen has always been available in a crisis for the club and I believe would do any job he was asked to do.

Get off his back whoever you are....●●●•••

He does what he’s told or doesn’t have a job or goes back to being estate agent or whatever he was doing.  It’s not as if he’s sat at home and he’s come in especially to manage us. If it wasn’t him, it would be a Thompson or Haslam. 

The fact that we’ve had him take over the managers role in short term 3-4 times over the past 3 years is a problem. 

5 minutes ago, ... said:

The last part may have been harsh but its the truth, he was a very average league one player, he wouldn't make the top 50 all time Sheffield Wednesday Defenders.

Probably wouldn't no. Not sure what relevance that had to the ability to man manage men though.

Wenger played semi pro.

Jose Mourinho played most of his career in the Portuguese 3rd division. 

Arrigo Sacchi never played a proffesional game and was a shoe salesman. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Probably wouldn't no. Not sure what relevance that had to the ability to man manage men though.

Wenger played semi pro.

Jose Mourinho played most of his career in the Portuguese 3rd division. 

Arrigo Sacchi never played a proffesional game and was a shoe salesman. 

Lets not forget our next manager......PE Teacher and amateur footballer!! :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, ... said:

Honestly don't think people realise how important the decision is on who we have as next manager, its been 3 years since we graced the top 6, the dreams of playing premier league our almost gone and meanwhile our neighbors have some how managed to get there without spending a flipping penny while we have spent more in 3 years than the last 15 put together.

For a start you're mistaking me for someone who cares about what anyone else does. Second, the over the top criticism is not needed, and 3rd, if you believe the media, Pulis has spoken to DC. So you get your wish in "not Bullen" lol 

• Haha 1

Another thing and this is very controversial. 

But If i was Bullen and I'm on the coaching staff under Jos and I can see the damage is his doing to the team.... I'd resign in protest and let it be known to everyone that he is not the man for the job and he is taking us down.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

It just hadn’t occurred to me how important these managerial choices are.......WTF:

I always thought you just picked the first person who walked through the door. Wait, that's actually how Mark Hughes still gets employed......

• Haha 1