Whats the best way to make sure we have another terrible season this year?

I think 3 dots might be one of the local journalists, trolling us? :ph34r:

One of the ways we'll have another terrible or inconsistent season is by being divisive and not getting behind whoever we appoint as Bruce's replacement. By not cutting DC some slack over the Bruce saga and by getting on his back, the clubs back and whoever is holding the fort. 

Personally I want us to be ambitious and forward thinking but I get it that, it's not like a video game and there are only a couple of weeks till the season starts. The names on the supposed shortlist seem underwhelming and there are a lot of yesterday's men in the betting.

However, whoever gets it, will be taking charge of a team that as the foundations in place to be a top 6 challenger again. Bullen isn't my first choice, nor are any of the typical names, I'd much rather a high profile young manager or someone on the rise but whoever gets it, just might surprise us. We should at least give them a chance, whatever their record as a player and coach and whoever they are... 

Edited by The Night-Owl

2 hours ago, ... said:

He was a bang average player... I know this means nothing from a managerial perspective but Bullen is viewed as some great player of years gone by and in reality he was PAP, he may have played every position but the reality is he was crap in every position hence been moved around.

Absolute nonsense.

He was a very capable player given his age. We signed him at 33 and his experience and leadership skills lended a hand to the youngsters developing. He headed in that peach against Man City and played 130+ games for us.

If he was that crap he'd have been binned off like Zigor Aranalde, Chris Carr, Danny Maddix etc ....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A12owl said:

Now is NOT the time to be slating one of our most loyal employees . He won't read this so bit doesnt really matter.

He may not be the best but at this time crticism of him is not what's needed.

The reason he is getting the criticism is because he has put his name forward for the job

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ... said:

The reason I have 3 dots as a username is I had the sh*test username ever and couldn't decide what to change it to hence ...

Choosing a username is kinda as important as choosing a manager don't you think? 

• Haha 1

Ridiculous post. Most of the names mentioned for the manager post are going to split the fan base. Megson, Pulis, Schteve ,Monk et al.

Bullen is an honourable, dedicated man and does not deserve the dogs abuse he is getting. He may well not be management material, but he is in place at the moment trying to hold things together in a difficult situation  and he deserves a little bit of slack from the fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

In response to the thread title.

(Cough, cough, clears throat)

8 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

It's already happening.

Hope that answers your question for you.

Your welcome.

????

This was an attempt at humour.

It depended a bit on the thread title and the idea that losing the best manager we've had for ages just before the season starts was likely to ensure another poor season. And that this was self evident.

Sorry if it wasn't.

He deserves a lot of respect, does Lee. Top clubman at Wednesday! Always speaks very well. However, don’t think we should be going down the path of recruiting him as full time Wednesday manager. I think the only reason he’s up there in the betting is that there are no standout candidates given Hughton has turned it down. It’s going to be a difficult appointment for DC!

15 hours ago, A12owl said:

WOW....JUST ....WOW.

Did you chose your sh*tty user name yourself. You must have had a low opinion of yourself if you did  . Your imagination knows no bounds if the best you can do is •••.

I shudder to ask but I will

Who would you want as a realistic manager.

If you read braille you'd know what his username is lol 

16 hours ago, ... said:

Giving Bullen the managers job.

Why..... i will tell you why. 

• It will completely split the fan base, some love him and think he'd be great and some like myself do not want to run the risk of giving the job to someone just because they have been a decent servant, Danny Wilson was a brilliant player for Wednesday but does anyone remember what happened when he managed us? Chris Turner also?
  • We saw the affect having a experienced manager had on the team, yes Bullen could continue in that vein but what happens if wheels come off a few games in? there is a reason the likes of Pearson never wanted to manage Wednesday.
  • Recruitment, has Bullen ever been involved in recruitment of players? scouting?
  • Chansiri sacked Gray after finishing 13th and he on paper is a much better candidate than Bullen.
  • He was a bang average player... I know this means nothing from a managerial perspective but Bullen is viewed as some great player of years gone by and in reality he was PAP, he may have played every position but the reality is he was crap in every position hence been moved around.

I agree we need someone with some managerial experience, either a very experienced manager (not someone in the Pulis style though please) or an up and coming manager who has had success already.

Bullen doesn't fir the bill. I would prefer to keep him on in a similar role to what he has done over the years as he has proved a useful link between management and players with his knowledge of the club.

The last bullet point was completely needless - as you admit yourself his playing ability has no relation to how he would perform as a manager. He wasn't pap. Average perhaps but he had good commitment and leadership qualities which were vital to our promotion and if anything these support his claim for a management position.

18 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

If you read braille you'd know what his username is lol 

3 horizontal dots is meaningless in Braille...... :ph34r:

Guest Saracen7
17 hours ago, ... said:

He was a bang average player... I know this means nothing from a managerial perspective but Bullen is viewed as some great player of years gone by and in reality he was PAP, he may have played every position but the reality is he was crap in every position hence been moved around.

So Bullen went in the net at Millwall because he was playing poorly in defence and they wanted to move him around? Or was he doing what he did a lot that season, covering for injured players, like David Lucas?

Defender, captain, the way he conducted himself and handled the the other players off the pitch; you'll only get a great from me for Bullen. 

6 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Loyalty seems to be Bullen's biggest plus. Has the club not also been loyal to him? He could have been sacked alongside  any of the management teams he has survived. 

Perhaps for repect...or maybe good old fashioned work rate and commitment..

Just a thought

22 hours ago, ... said:

Giving Bullen the managers job.

Why..... i will tell you why. 

• It will completely split the fan base, some love him and think he'd be great and some like myself do not want to run the risk of giving the job to someone just because they have been a decent servant, Danny Wilson was a brilliant player for Wednesday but does anyone remember what happened when he managed us? Chris Turner also?
  • We saw the affect having a experienced manager had on the team, yes Bullen could continue in that vein but what happens if wheels come off a few games in? there is a reason the likes of Pearson never wanted to manage Wednesday.
  • Recruitment, has Bullen ever been involved in recruitment of players? scouting?
  • Chansiri sacked Gray after finishing 13th and he on paper is a much better candidate than Bullen.
  • He was a bang average player... I know this means nothing from a managerial perspective but Bullen is viewed as some great player of years gone by and in reality he was PAP, he may have played every position but the reality is he was crap in every position hence been moved around.

Don't want Bullen but would love to see you implode if we did go with him. I think you would turn into ***.

• Like 1

Twice he's been caretaker manager, twice he's been asked if he'd take the job permanently, twice he's said no, I'm not a manager and don't want to be. Twice he's said he wants the club to appoint as soon as possible so he can get on with the coaching. 

Have people missed these interviews?