Nuhiu Today

Certain people on here would slag Nuhiu off if he got 20 goals a season and cured AIDS, but pound for pound he's been one of our better signings in the last 10 years. Free transfer, always fit, got ability and must have hit nearly 50 goals for us by now. 

Edited by Not Jon Newsome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Certain people on here would slag Nuhiu off if he got 20 goals a season and cured AIDS, but pound for pound he's been one of our better signings in the last 10 years. Free transfer, always fit, got ability and must have hit nearly 50 goals for us by now. 

Pound for pound one of our best signings over the last 10 years?

Westwood free

Lees free

Hutchinson free

Lee free

Bannan free

Fletcher free

Antonio signed for about 900k, sold for £3m (I think) then we got the sell on fee when he went to West Ham.

Those just off the top of my head.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Looked a far better option than Sam Winnal today, Winnal was getting bullied out of it...Adthe simply happened to be the better option on the dayu...played very well when he came on

Sam looked well off the pace today and was given a tough time. He looks like his injury has left him with less bulk / strength I reckon we wont see the best of him until next season - needs to get on the weights during the close season.

He also needs a fair referee who doesn’t subscribe to the popular adage of “ that big bloke just won the ball in the air, must have been a foul” or “ that out muscled defender is on his backside, that big bloke must have pushed him over”

1 hour ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

Sam looked well off the pace today and was given a tough time. He looks like his injury has left him with less bulk / strength I reckon we wont see the best of him until next season - needs to get on the weights during the close season.

The guy hasn’t played for the best part of a year, of course he was going to be rusty. I’m still looking forward to him getting fitter, he gets in great positions and is a clever player. Not quite sure what people expected from him today to be honest . 

As for adthe , he’s disappointed me this season , and I’m one of his biggest fans . Still love the guy though and today’s performance most certainly his best this year . 

Forestieri. Rhodes. Joao. Winnall. Hooper. Fletcher. Matias.

All signed with big track records at this or higher level; or for significant money; or both.

Nuhiu was signed for peanuts from nowhere. One of the weakest national leagues in Europe. Bought at a time when the chairman simply wouldn't invest more than the minimum in the squad.

No one expected anything from that kind of signing. And it's true that successive managers have tended not to see him as a first choice. It is also true, however, that successive managers have seen him as a useful option; and so he is. As othdrs have said, off the bench when the game is stretched he can be a great option.

He is also perhaps a player our excellent new manager will be able to get something from.

In our win yesterday Atdhe scored the second goal with a header,  won the knock down header for Iorfa to score the third and made a great run and pass to Bannan to set up the fourth. 

Not sure you can ask more from a Forward player? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Forestieri. Rhodes. Joao. Winnall. Hooper. Fletcher. Matias.

All signed with big track records at this or higher level; or for significant money; or both.

Nuhiu was signed for peanuts from nowhere. One of the weakest national leagues in Europe. Bought at a time when the chairman simply wouldn't invest more than the minimum in the squad.

No one expected anything from that kind of signing. And it's true that successive managers have tended not to see him as a first choice. It is also true, however, that successive managers have seen him as a useful option; and so he is. As othdrs have said, off the bench when the game is stretched he can be a great option.

He is also perhaps a player our excellent new manager will be able to get something from.

Didnt we sign him from Palace or were they after him? Cant remember