Nuhiu Today

15 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Sorry got to disagree, there are Sheffield Wednesday ‘supporters’ that don’t want him to play well,  and probably the same supporters that cry when he doesn’t celebrate with the fans when he scores

I really don't get this though quite a few 'agreed' with it.

Do people really believe that some our fans would prefer it if certain players played badly?

Seriously? 

:tango:

12 hours ago, Mycroft said:

He arguably played at the highest he can attain today.  I would expect so much more from an experienced forward.  

We need better.  I love the guy but. 

We don’t have better right now. You should give him your wholehearted support.

He did MUCH better than Winnall and Matias yesterday. He is a far better option than Boyd or Reach in that role.

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

The guy hasn’t played for the best part of a year, of course he was going to be rusty. I’m still looking forward to him getting fitter, he gets in great positions and is a clever player. Not quite sure what people expected from him today to be honest . 

As for adthe , he’s disappointed me this season , and I’m one of his biggest fans . Still love the guy though and today’s performance most certainly his best this year . 

People drawing attention to Sam not playing well yesterday are not having a go at him. 

He was way below the level we need yesterday if we are to win five or six games with him up front. It’s completely understandable given his awful lay-off. His touch and his strength will come back, but in the meantime it means we don’t hold the ball in our oponent’s half.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

We don’t have better right now. You should give him your wholehearted support.

He did MUCH better than Winnall and Matias yesterday. He is a far better option than Boyd or Reach in that role.

He does get my support when he plays and I'm sure that a professional football wouldn't take notice of my ramblings on OT and I agree yesterday he played to a decent standard but as I said earlier he needs to maintain that level but too often he doesn't.

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

In our win yesterday Atdhe scored the second goal with a header,  won the knock down header for Iorfa to score the third and made a great run and pass to Bannan to set up the fourth. 

Not sure you can ask more from a Forward player? 

And did so much more besides.

We had failed to retain possession all game until he came on. He made an immense difference and allowed us to dominate the second half. 

Terrific display.

51 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Didnt we sign him from Palace or were they after him? Cant remember

As I recall there were rumours that Palace were interested, and even that he had chosen us over Palace (presumably on the basis that he would have chances of getting senior football). But these were twitter etc rumours; unclear there was any substance.

But we actually signed him from Rapid Wien.

Opinion is fine. But facts should be considred too.

Since Jos left.

Joao - 460 minutes - 1 goal 

Forestieri - 393 minutes - 1 goal

Matias - 550minutes - 1 goal

Nuhiu - 265 minutes - 2 goals

Winnall - 151 minutes - 0 goal

Fletcher - 1160 minutes - 7 goals

Plainly Nuhiu has not been detrimental in scoring goals. Ask yourself does he also add more than his personal goals? Does he trouble opponents? Do our strikers appear to benefit from  playing alongside him?

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

It's not sly, he's not good enough for where we want to go.  Need better. He put in a decent performance yesterday but he can't maintain that level that's his problem. 

Hooper, Fletcher, FF, Joao and Winnal WHEN FIT are all ahead of Nuhiu in the starting line up. But I don't think there is a team in the championship who would not have him as their 6th choice striker, Nuhiu is unorthodox and different that's why he is so good to have as an alternative to come off the bench.

Answer me this question with all of the injured players not available, who else would you choose ?

1 minute ago, NYowl said:

Hooper, Fletcher, FF, Joao and Winnal WHEN FIT are all ahead of Nuhiu in the starting line up. But I don't think there is a team in the championship who would not have him as their 6th choice striker, Nuhiu is unorthodox and different that's why he is so good to have as an alternative to come off the bench.

Answer me this question with all of the injured players not available, who else would you choose ?

There is no one else, my point is that he's not good enough, often enough.  At times he looks better than average but too often he's well below average. 

When he went on that goal scoring spree last season, I thought he had turned the corner but its petered out, if he can get back to that level then I would have to reevaluate my opinion.  I hope he proves me wrong. 

On 16/03/2019 at 17:49, asteener1867 said:

Looked a far better option than Sam Winnal today, Winnal was getting bullied out of it...Adthe simply happened to be the better option on the dayu...played very well when he came on

Agreed - I thought Winnal looked quite bright against Derby but really rusty against B'burn. 

Luckily they had a bunch of dwarves in defence so even Adthe couldn't miss for his goal - but credit where its due his closing down play was excelllent as well   

On 16/03/2019 at 21:33, SiJ said:

When he´s on it he can be unplayable. 

Some refuse to accept it, but he´s can be a matchwinner on his day. 

For me the problem is he seems to be "on it" far too infrequently. He seems to be either brilliant or absolutely toilet, he doesnt have a 6-out-of-10 game in his locker and the appearances like yesterday are way too few and far between. Im sure he's a great guy and he runs about a lot, but for me he's baggage that we cant afford to carry on the off chance that he has a good game.

1 hour ago, Itchy said:

As you said brilliant today but must be gone in the summer 

I suppose it depends on the financial situation. I don't have a problem with him being a 5th choice sub.