Nuhiu Today

I fully understand all the criticism he gets....but I always give him a little leeway...Simply for the fact he's always available...Never limps off an' you don't see him for a month..and sure I agree thats the least you should expect from a paid footballer.....doesn't always happen at Hillsborough though does it.

Well played today Adthe....

Sometimes he just attracts the ball, sees lots of it. Other times , like Bolton, he hardly sees it.

Today he got on the ball soon as he came on and if he keeps getting on the ball he causes havoc because the defenders can’t get it off him.

He nearly bounced one player into the north stand today 

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

When he´s on it he can be unplayable. 

Some refuse to accept it, but he´s can be a matchwinner on his day. 

constantly stuck up for him last season but let's be honest he hasn't produced that level form and deserved a bit of flak this

but if there's one player i want to succeed it's this lad  with players going down like flies we may need him to do the business 

i reckon it 'cometh the hour' with him 

• Like 1

Love big Dave. 

Not been his best this season but still offers something different. 

Some teams don’t know what to expect n don’t know how to handle him. 

Can be a complete nuisance to defenders. 

Winnall was getting bullied. Got frustrated and knew a yellow was coming. 

Adthe comes on and held defenders off. Brought people into play.

scored great header (called it btw) 

think brucie will keep him for a different option 

oh n Matias is shocking and goal was lucky 

3 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

Brilliant.

Good goal and put himself about but can’t hold up the ball.

as soon as fletcher went off, the ball just started coming straight back at us.

and with the invisible man(pelepessy) they just pinned us b@ck for the later period of the game.

Can’t quite remember a player who polarizes opinion quote like Nuhiu. 

He’s been garbage for the most part this season and has been criticised, quite rightly.  

Credit iwhere credit is due today though, as he put himself about, had a nuisance value and took his goal well. Wish he would do it more often. 

We know he can do it,  but he seldom does. You can’t carry a player who plays well 1 in 10. Don’t think Brunce rates him too much and hopefully we can move him on in the summer. 

Edited by LoadABallacks

What Im loving about Bruce is his willingness to make changes early if things arent working.

Dross often wouldnt even use all his subs even when things (often) werent working! Bruce sees the game the same as the fans, if things arent working its someone elses chance.

33 minutes ago, LoadABallacks said:

We know he can do it,  but he seldom does. You can’t carry a player who plays well 1 in 10. Don’t think Brunce rates him too much and hopefully we can move him on in the summer. 

He didn't play well 1 in 10 at the end of last season though, did he?  He scored 9 in 8, in a pretty poor side.  

I've always said this about him, he plays better with a longer stint in the side.  If his days here are numbered, for his sake, I hope he ends up somewhere that appreciates him more and he starts week in, week out, as he'll do well in this league.  

7 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

He didn't play well 1 in 10 at the end of last season though, did he?  He scored 9 in 8, in a pretty poor side.  

I've always said this about him, he plays better with a longer stint in the side.  If his days here are numbered, for his sake, I hope he ends up somewhere that appreciates him more and he starts week in, week out, as he'll do well in this league.  

Sort of agree with this.

I think a lot of it is a confidence thing - and it can't be easy for the bloke when fans get on his back if it makes a single mistake.

Getting a quick goal after coming on seemed to settle him down today, and he was excellent.

He came on owing to Fletcher's injury, but although enforced, we needed his presence at that point in the game. I saw him start at Bolton, and despite the neat lay off to Bannan for our first goal on Tuesday, he was poor. But today, off the bench, different class. For some bizarre reason he's always been impactive and better from the bench. A great header today and as ever I'm chuffed for him. He's a worker and I'd take that anytime because in the years of decline since 2000, many have not displayed his desire and commitment.   Good old Atdhe.  

39 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I agree.

He finished last season as a regular starter, scoring goals and given a new contract. Must have thought he had finally made a bit of a breakthrough.

This season he has not been a regular and bound to have been a bit disappointed with that. 

Can’t imagine he got much feedback from Jos either.

No idea what our striker injury situation might be after the break but I think we will need Nuhiu to be playing well but like most players he plays better when starting regularly.