iFollow is junk

It was perfect for me tonight as well to be fair, ignoring the relatively low bitrate stream itself.

They seemed to block my VPN provider a while ago, but tunnelling through a free (for 12 months) Amazon AWS server has fixed that, just for the info of anyone else who still needs a workaround.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

To be fair, it’s been great for me. Only one problem all season and that was the Wigan home game which was fine once I switched to my iPad. Definitely worth the money!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

11 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Myself and a dozen other Owls in the bar found it great. 

Might have something to do that its for overseas consumers. 

This is big one for me. Can't complain if you are in the UK trying to watch the iFollow service and its poo . I have no problems with it at all here in Germany. They are, quite rightly, cracking down on vpn usage and people trying to "cheat" their ToS. Midweek matches are now on Skys red button anyway. 

24 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

They are, quite rightly, cracking down on vpn usage and people trying to "cheat" their ToS.

Within their rights to, for sure, but "quite rightly" I completely disagree with. Licencing laws have completely failed to keep up with the global world we're living in this days.

It's ridiculous that I, as a license fee paying UK citizen, can't (legally) access the iPlayer while I'm abroad for several months of the year, and while I'm back in the UK I can't use my iFollow account paid for abroad. Besides, I didn't even want to continue with iFollow this season, they auto-billed me and refused to refund me despite it being several weeks before the start of the season when I made the request. Their ToS that I never agreed to can sod off.

16 hours ago, MysticOwl said:

It wont let me sign in.....its just blank when I do. 

I get a black screen when I try and watch on my laptop.

Works perfectly via the app on my phone though.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

47 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Within their rights to, for sure, but "quite rightly" I completely disagree with. Licencing laws have completely failed to keep up with the global world we're living in this days.

It's ridiculous that I, as a license fee paying UK citizen, can't (legally) access the iPlayer while I'm abroad for several months of the year, and while I'm back in the UK I can't use my iFollow account paid for abroad. Besides, I didn't even want to continue with iFollow this season, they auto-billed me and refused to refund me despite it being several weeks before the start of the season when I made the request. Their ToS that I never agreed to can sod off.

I am not defending the service just playing more of a devils advocate.

The English Football system is still like that with regards to 3pm kick offs. UK providers can't show live matches. Thats the money men from PL and EFL taking everything thats going. Here in Germany the Bundesliga games are all live and also ran by Sky by the way. That with the refund and the lack of flexibilty shows that iFollow is in essence a garbage service but it doesn't hide that fact that iFollow international is at the moment still an offer for overseas fans with a permanent address and bank account(iirc) not in the UK and for those savvy ones, a way to circumnavigate the ludicrous money grabbing by association football. Im sure we had to tick a few boxes to purchase the service, can't remember though. 

I also cancelled this season due to the silly blackout rules that they have, luckily after resubbing at the start of the season Wednesday have been a shower and no one wants them in a blackout game anyway :duntmatter:

edit to my first comment - I did have some trouble with iFollow but that was due to owlstalk on chrome.