The cult of megson admits defeat ...........

Fireworks whistled through the cold sky that night. Torches were lit at the three towers and on all corners of the ramparts, and the whole city glowed from the fires and rushes outside all the dwelling and all around the City. Oh they celebrated. They danced and drank. For that morning a bard had arrived and announced to all that the Cult was destroyed. So happy were the people that not one thought to ask how or why, or the source of this news. 

I did not celebrate.

image.png.657984ebd1165d9459adec7edaa3a27c.png

While the ale flowed and the songs went on, I wistfully smirked to myself.  As all around me worshippers of the new Lord danced and whooped the death knell of the Cult I allowed myself a grin. For I knew the Cult had not vanished. I knew the real reason they hadn't been seen for a few hours. I knew the truth. They were simply celebrating themselves. Out there in the heart of deepest darkest Greno wood. They were feasting and drinking and celebrating - their saviour’s day.

For whilst all around me folk danced and celebrated ,I knew the Cult wasn’t really dead at all. I knew his followers were still out there.  For today, what none of the villagers had been smart enough to remember when they heard the news from the bard , when their desire to forget the past and believe they were rid of the cult took over their minds and their senses…was that this day,  the 4th  of February is the anniversary of HIS unveiling.  It was this day in the year of the Lord  2011 that the Meg first arrived at the crumbling Fortress at Hillsborough to take charge of the Garrison.

The Cult, I knew,  would be back soon enough and the celebrating townspeople would wake with startling realisation ,whilst their hangovers pounded, that the cult lived.

That the Cult will always live.  

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Indeed, you should attend Sunday worship. It's the highlight of our week when we give thanks for all things ginger.

I tend to venture up there under the cover of darkness 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

I used to go running in greno woods a few years back nearly every day, and every time I went in all the leaves on the floor were always moved in different places.. now it's all beginning to make sense 

lol

The cheeky monkey  cult of Megson is dead...however it may be resurrected if we ever drop back to the hoof it division where the manager needs to be able to abuse everyone to make a team tick... I don't think that is on our plans though..Brucey may have a proper plan