Rhodes

naww, they'll do what Middlesbrough did. Have him there for the promotion push just in case they need a little extra off the bench, then once they get promoted get rid and get someone in who can do the biz in the prem.

I'm sure come the end of the season he'll be back with us.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think it was with a view to permanent?

He doesn’t even start for Norwich. If they go up doubt they’d be interested in signing him. 

Just hope part of the loan deal was an increment to us if they go up. I don’t think they will keep him either way. Norwich were brilliant last night. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Just hope part of the loan deal was an increment to us if they go up. I don’t think they will keep him either way. Norwich were brilliant last night. 

I doubt it personally. 

Didn’t have Norwich down to do well at the start of the season. Fair play to them, stuck with the manager when he was getting a lot of stick. Some shrewd signings in the summer. 

Theyre the type of jammy club who always find a way to get back to the Premier League.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria

No way will Rhodes be at Norwich if they go up.

Best bet for us will be for them to miss out, they sell that pookie bloke and they buy Rhodes.

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I doubt it personally. 

Didn’t have Norwich down to do well at the start of the season. Fair play to them, stuck with the manager when he was getting a lot of stick. Some shrewd signings in the summer. 

Theyre the type of jammy club who always find a way to get back to the Premier League.

Wouldn’t exactly say they are Jammy. They have got a good structure to work from with a loyal and wealthyish fan base. They’ve obviously got one hell of a scouting system/network to find some of the players they signed in the summer. They don’t waste money on past it crocks like we do which gives them more money to spend/risk on younger players.

They are run a million times better than we are that’s for sure.

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Thought the deal was loan with an option to buy. As has already been said if they go up cant see a permanent deal being done. The success of the Finish lad upfront for them I think put paid to Rhodes chances of a regular spot.

It’s unusual, but not impossible, for once good players to become past their best at his age, 29 this week. I expect to see him return to S6 at the end of the season, and SB to work out what motivates him, other than money. He’s had the opportunity to fight for his place at Norwich, but appears to accept being a sub. Being scared to take a penalty at Wembley in front of SB will not be lossed on the latter, only time will tell.

7 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Wouldn’t exactly say they are Jammy. They have got a good structure to work from with a loyal and wealthyish fan base. They’ve obviously got one hell of a scouting system/network to find some of the players they signed in the summer. They don’t waste money on past it crocks like we do which gives them more money to spend/risk on younger players.

They are run a million times better than we are that’s for sure.

Stieperman, Zimmerman and Buendia are the best players i’ve seen in this league this season. 

That Pukki or whatever he's called, is a great finisher. Not sure why they need Rhodes.

I've obviously misunderstood what's going on with the Rhodes deal. I thought he was on loan for the season with a permanent deal pre-arranged for the end of the season?

Guest LittleG
15 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

It’s unusual, but not impossible, for once good players to become past their best at his age, 29 this week. I expect to see him return to S6 at the end of the season, and SB to work out what motivates him, other than money. He’s had the opportunity to fight for his place at Norwich, but appears to accept being a sub. Being scared to take a penalty at Wembley in front of SB will not be lossed on the latter, only time will tell.

I'm sure he has fought for his place this year but there's only so much he can do when the man in front of him is scoring regularly