Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

7 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I read earlier that some journalists believed we were interested in Vaulks as well as Turnbull, and that the soft embargo is now lifted. They think we'll be in mostly for released players and loanees.

https://www.sheffieldwednesday.news/news/journalist-claims-soundings-were-made-by-sheffield-wednesday-over-then-rotherham-midfielder-will-vaulks/

But if there's some cash spare or we can get rid of a few players, then hopefully we could go for Morsy and try and bring Hector back? If we can somehow wheel and deal or engineer a way to buy one or two players, my preferred choices would be Hector as top priority with Morsy as an outside second priority. I'd be happy enough with quality out of contract signings and a few quality loanees. But I also think, if possible, Hector and Morsy under Bruce, would give us what we need to have a real go for it. 

We've got some pace now, adding Hector and Morsy would make for a damn good team I think, but let's see what else we can muster if this isn't possible. Because Hector was so good you'd make him priority if at all possible. I think we'll be OK without him (but not quite as good), whereas a defensive midfielder could really be key if Hutch has trouble, so perhaps really that should be the priority.

Edited by jomaco

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Hull in for Malik Wilks. Should we be?

Talented prospect. Did well on loan last season. I wouldn't say no. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Royal_D said:

Great shout 

The lad is gonna be a star. Awesome anchor-mid in the making. 

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

The lad is gonna be a star. Awesome anchor-mid in the making. 

Sounds promising and like the sort of quality loanee we need. Are they loaning him out again? Might they though loan him back out to Charlton?

European interest supposedly...

https://arseblog.news/2019/06/report-bielik-wanted-by-clubs-across-europe/

Edited by The Night-Owl

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Sounds promising and like the sort of quality loanee we need. Are they loaning him out again? Might they though loan him back out to Charlton?

I wanted Vaulks, but that's done now. Forget Morsy, he'd just depreciate until worthless in 2-3yrs. Forget Cattermole whose best days are behind him. Younger competition for Hutch in the form of Krystian Bielik or Trevoh Chalobah is the road I want us to go down. 

On the previous page Nightowl mentioned, if funds were available to try and get Hector and Morsey in. I understand why, but in terms of CB, at the moment we have Lees, Iorfa, Borner, Van Aken, Thorniley,  Fox and Hutch if the latter 2 are required. Seems a lot of options s for me, and not unlike our  long list of strikers.

If funds can be freed, or loans utilised, we desperately need midfield and wide players, so create some balance and options s within the squad. Not withstanding the good points Nightowl raised.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

If he's good enough I'd suspect Bielsa would want to keep him. 

Not sure he would consider him a fit. He’s just got Costa and his style is similar to that of Karanka and Carvalhal in that they don’t really like too many ball carriers who can’t also play the intricate possession game. Guessing the likes of Costa and the lad from spurs can do a bit of both.

Wilks seems quite raw in that regard but as a direct dribbler doing the basics he looked excellent in league one. Might suit a Bruce side, but can’t imagine they’d loan to a rival.

Edited by Bluesteel

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I wanted Vaulks, but that's done now. Forget Morsy, he'd just depreciate until worthless in 2-3yrs. Forget Cattermole whose best days are behind him. Younger competition for Hutch in the form of Krystian Bielik or Trevoh Chalobah is the road I want us to go down. 

Bielik would be very welcome. I bet he returns to Charlton though. 

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Not sure he would consider him a fit. He’s just got Costa and his style is similar to that of Karanka and Carvalhal in that they don’t really like too many ball carriers who can’t also play the intricate possession game. Guessing the likes of Costa and the lad from spurs can do a bit of both.

Wilks seems quite raw in that regard but as a direct dribbler doing the basics he looked excellent in league one. Might suit a Bruce side, but can’t imagine they’d loan to a rival.

Yeah I thought he looked good at Donny. Plenty of potential but as you say can't see they'd want to help us out at all. 

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Makes sense and would be a good move to loan in extra quality, rather than buying, especially if we need to reserve something in order to bring back Hector or to find a suitable alternative. I'd have liked us to own our own younger version of Hutchinson but that sort of quality would be costly and if possible, then a quality loanee, like you suggest or someone similar would be a smart option.

28 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Charltons dodgy owners and low budget makes me think he'll not be making a return to them. Could see him signing for a good championship team or someone like the pigs in the Prem.