Carbone is pleased with the Lazaar signing.

3 minutes ago, M Royds said:

Some bitter and twisted comments on here. Benny was simply irresistible on that pitch. He was an artist and like any artist they have can have fragile temperaments. 

I enjoyed him him and his talent. 

Not all Artists have fragile temperaments I'm sure. Successful ones have self discipline, focus and the will to be the best. 

I don't blame Carbone for everything which went wrong, he was mismanaged. Obviously allowed to get away with murder until Danny Wilson turns up and starts asking him to behave reasonably. 

Clearly the club had created two monsters before things imploded under Agent Wilson. 

If you can see bitterness it's because the fans old enough to remember know that when Di Canio pushed that ref over it was the beginning of the end of our Premier League status, which we're still trying to recover now, twenty years later. 

Anyway, I'm glad Benito has been of help over his signing and I'm sure even Benito regrets how it all ended. 

And btw. BREXIT is BREXIT! 

I was in Anfield, going back over twenty years ago.  

I managed to get the autographs of all our players apart from Carbone.  

We lost the game 2-0, think it was Steven Gerrard's Liverpool debut, he scored a long ranger in the game.  

I tried my best Italian to get Carbone's attention, wasn't having any of it, he ducked his head and ran onto the pitch, probably thinking I was a liverpool supporter trying to goad him.  

Only player who stopped to have a chat was a Andy Booth,  

There was a story in the paper in the weeks before about Booth getting run over.  I asked him the same question that day, he said it was all bollaks.  lol

2 hours ago, Jamie_W said:

Benito-Carbone-David-Pleat.jpg

Paolo-Di-Canio-Benito-Carbone.jpg

Always worth remembering we made them do that. Can you imagine that being done today?

Ah a slightly defrosted, uncooked pizza out of a cardboard box...I can see why Di Canio was angry at the world now!! 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack
  • Haha 1

Carbone was a special player with a different culture to one we have in England players like that need managing. A lot like do canio I’m that sense apart from di canio was a complete nut. They have temperament and flair  but a load of passion they just don’t always channel it in the right way 

for me carbone was one of the best and most exciting players we’ve had in my time watching Wednesday completely different when he was here I felt the passion from him as I did with di canio but we couldn’t manage that st the time and he becomes a villain. I’m not saying it’s right to treat people differently but management can go along way. We have a player on our books now in forestieri who’s also refused to get on a coach. These players if managed right are stand out players that the fans love. It’s not there emotion and passion that makes them temperamental and rash or hot headed it’s this that needs understanding and managed to get the best out of them complete different How is working class English react. I like carbone and Di canio and forestieri but they all need loving 

I also think in hindsight if we didn’t sign Di canio carbone would have stayed longer been more settled and be a legend for us 

Edited by fpowl
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Yet Forestieri is adored and he did the same . Beni is probably still twenty times the player he is even now , so I’m sure it can be forgiven 

Not in my world. 

In fact while I'm on, have they brought back hanging yet ? A public execution always gets the message accross.

Guest Bulgaria
11 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

I think Carbone was more consistent but Di Canio on his day was pure genius. 

Still remember him skinning the Southampton keeper about 3 times before casually stroking it into the net. 

My favourite Wednesday goal. Remember going mental in the away end and losing my glasses.

11 hours ago, james o connor said:

Yet Forestieri is adored and he did the same . Beni is probably still twenty times the player he is even now , so I’m sure it can be forgiven 

Carbone......200 good positions.......150 of which he had a simple pass to a team mate to make a goal more possible.

150 of those times he takes the selfish option and shoots or tries to dribble further.

10 of those attempts end up in the net as so called wonder goals

140 of them end up with nothing

folk remember the 10, I get that but Carbone was one of the most selfish players we've ever had

Edited by Ian

30 minutes ago, Ian said:

Carbone......200 good positions.......150 of which he had a simple pass to a team mate to make a goal more possible.

150 of those times he takes the selfish option and shoots or tries to dribble further.

10 of those attempts end up in the net as so called wonder goals

140 of them end up with nothing

folk remember the 10, I get that but Carbone was one of the most selfish players we've ever had

Isn't that an attribute of strikers in general?