Carbone is pleased with the Lazaar signing.

10 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Great comments from Benny. Still a legend in my eyes.

Bang on.

He could be a bit of a sulker at times but after the exciting times of the early 90's, his time at the club was one of the few bright lights in our slide that ended with us dropping out of the division in 2000.

Without a doubt an outstanding talent who could get you off your seat and a joy to watch. I also thought during his time at Wednesday he was better than Di Canio.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on.

He could be a bit of a sulker at times but after the exciting times of the early 90's, his time at the club was one of the few bright lights in our slide that ended with us dropping out of the division in 2000.

Without a doubt an outstanding talent who could get you off your seat and a joy to watch. I also thought during his time at Wednesday he was better than Di Canio.

A lot of similarities with Winnall

lol

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on.

He was settled at Hillsboro until we signed Di Canio, but then he upset the whole squad so that was no surprise.

43 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

He was settled at Hillsboro until we signed Di Canio, but then he upset the whole squad so that was no surprise.

Thought we signed them around the same time in pre season?

3 hours ago, Nut said:

Thought we signed them around the same time in pre season?

Carbone had no concept of the term pre season......if he did sign at that point it would have been the only pre season he was ever in England

6 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

I wouldn't read too much into this. Carbone has been fluttering his eyes in our direction at every opportunity for the last few years. I think he has ambitions of being manager some day!

A playert that refused to play. Bites the hand that fed him and wants to come back for more. 

It's a no from me.

Guest Theboylangers
8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on.

I think Carbone was more consistent but Di Canio on his day was pure genius. 

Still remember him skinning the Southampton keeper about 3 times before casually stroking it into the net. 

4 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I think Carbone was more consistent but Di Canio on his day was pure genius. 

Still remember him skinning the Southampton keeper about 3 times before casually stroking it into the net. 

.....and the stroll up the pitch at Goodison to get tw@tted as he score.

In my 50 odd years as an owl PDC was one played when I hoped (no expected) something would happen!

Sad we got shut.

1 hour ago, Jamie_W said:

Benito-Carbone-David-Pleat.jpg

Paolo-Di-Canio-Benito-Carbone.jpg

Always worth remembering we made them do that. Can you imagine that being done today?

And we made them do this. No surprise they ended up with egos bigger than the Kop. 

Luckily for us all this nonsense didn't go to their heads and effect their playing careers at Wednesday 

WTF: