Carbone is pleased with the Lazaar signing.

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

Not sure why Di Canio keeps getting mentioned ,he played all his career under Redknapp at West Ham or have i missed something ?

Was going to say. 

Pretty sure Paul Di Canio - who had never played football previously - was snapped up by Harry Redknapp for West Ham at the age of 30. 

Seems like we as a club were incapable of keeping such temperamental but extremely talented, players in check. 

Tbf, there are plenty who think we should have binned Nando off after the bikegate thing (not me btw). 

Bit of a Catch 22. 

They're great players, so to an extent you need to indulge them, but likewise, you have to somehow keep their egos in check. Hard thing to do and clearly Danny Wilson wasn't the man to do it. Big Ron on the other hand...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Seems like we as a club were incapable of keeping such temperamental but extremely talented, players in check. 

Tbf, there are plenty who think we should have binned Nando off after the bikegate thing (not me btw). 

Bit of a Catch 22. 

They're great players, so to an extent you need to indulge them, but likewise, you have to somehow keep their egos in check. Hard thing to do and clearly Danny Wilson wasn't the man to do it. Big Ron on the other hand...

Players aren’t going to show a lot of respect to a manager who is clueless, or has done little in the game.

Bruce is a manager who will gain respect, so a great appointment. Agreed.

6 hours ago, Ian said:

Carbone......200 good positions.......150 of which he had a simple pass to a team mate to make a goal more possible.

150 of those times he takes the selfish option and shoots or tries to dribble further.

10 of those attempts end up in the net as so called wonder goals

140 of them end up with nothing

folk remember the 10, I get that but Carbone was one of the most selfish players we've ever had

What a humdinkum of post. 

Do you look back on your life like that?

“Wedding night was good, got aroused a bit. However, most of my life was a pet and a cuddle. Most of my sex life was boring and staid. The amount of times I tried and got the knock back from the misses was about 150 time. However, most of us remember the 10 times I got my end away and was like a stallion between the sheets.”