Efe ambrose

From what I've seen of him on BBC Sportscene which is the equivalent of MOTD up there he looks a liability in Hibs back four so wouldn't have thought he was up to Championship standard. 

Ponderous, poor distribution etc. There are good young defenders up there but not him.

21 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Don't know how much roumour and how much truth involved. 

That said though does seem to fit the bill as the sort of player Steve Bruce seems to like and definitely would have fitted in with his Hull team when he was there,so maybe a hint of hope!! 

but much younger, at Villa he went for Samba and Terry

He is good for a bombscare moment every now and then but overall Ambrose is a decent if unspectacular defender. Hibs and their fans were desperate to keep him, he had been their best player this season, but I’d want to leave that shitehouse of a club too if I got the chance. 

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

He is good for a bombscare moment every now and then but overall Ambrose is a decent if unspectacular defender. Hibs and their fans were desperate to keep him, he had been their best player this season, but I’d want to leave that shitehouse of a club too if I got the chance. 

While you’re on mate, what was that young left back Hearts had on loan from Man Utd like?

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

While you’re on mate, what was that young left back Hearts had on loan from Man Utd like?

Demi Mitchell was brilliant last season and looked a real find. I was quite surprised we managed to get him back, I thought he’d maybe go to the English Championship or a lower league Premier League team, he was training with the United first team in preseason but he said he enjoyed it, loved Edinburgh and was keen to come back so Levein pushed the boat out and we managed it. He was quick, direct, taking players on, a real threat going forward, scored a few and he linked up well with Walker and Milinkovic out wide. Reasonable at defending too.

This season Mitchell has largely been woeful. He looks a shadow of the man from last season and now looks pretty disinterested. He has been one of the worst first team players in our squad. Hard to pick between him and Sean Clare as to who is worse. Hopefully they’ll both come out refreshed and changed after the winter break. They both need it!

Edited by edinburghowl

14 minutes ago, barry sheridan said:

Ask any Celtic fan hes a liability lads,i seen him cost them countless goals,trying to play it out from the back or getting skinned for pace...terrible terrible defender

He is still good for the occasional clanger but he has been pretty solid the last couple of seasons for Hibs. He’s a more mature defender to the one that was making several mistakes at Celtic. I think he would be an upgrade on the likes of Van Aken and Hector.

11 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Demi Mitchell was brilliant last season and looked a real find. I was quite surprised we managed to get him back, I thought he’d maybe go to the English Championship or a lower league Premier League team, he was training with the United first team in preseason but he said he enjoyed it, loved Edinburgh and was keen to come back so Levein pushed the boat out and we managed it. He was quick, direct, taking players on, a real threat going forward, scored a few and he linked up well with Walker and Milinkovic out wide. Reasonable at defending too.

This season Mitchell has largely been woeful. He looks a shadow of the man from last season and now looks pretty disinterested. He has been one of the worst first team players in our squad. Hard to pick between him and Sean Clare as to who is worse. Hopefully they’ll both come out refreshed and changed after the winter break. They both need it!

I didn’t realise he was back there, and was someone who I thought might be an option for us. Interesting to hear, he’s dropped off this season, but it does sometimes happen with young players Whenever I’ve watched Hearts this season, I don’t think he’s played, or at least, I hadn’t noticed him Might be one to keep an eye, if he gets his form back. Certainly, your description of him, sounds exactly what we need, on year one’s displays anyway

5 hours ago, owls_wawaw said:

Supposedly has negotiated out of his contract as he wants a fresh challenge south of the border 

He’s on the run !!!!!! He must have done summat got to have 

night as well start a conspiract over him before he’s even got here we seem to like making up our own conclusions on here haha 

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I didn’t realise he was back there, and was someone who I thought might be an option for us. Interesting to hear, he’s dropped off this season, but it does sometimes happen with young players Whenever I’ve watched Hearts this season, I don’t think he’s played, or at least, I hadn’t noticed him Might be one to keep an eye, if he gets his form back. Certainly, your description of him, sounds exactly what we need, on year one’s displays anyway

The laddie Jimmy Dunne we had on loan from Burnley that has signed at Sunderland for the second half of the season is a cracking looking prospect. A better player than Mitchell I reckon. 

Hearts are strong at centre back with Christophe Berra and John Souttar (Souttar like Paterson will end up playing in the English Premier League) but Dunne came in and did just as good a job as Souttar (who was injured) alongside Berra. He will have a good career either at Burnley or elsewhere. Composed, strong, dominating, mature personality, decent pace, a very good prospect. If Mitchell rediscovers last years form he will be too and I agree he could be an option for Wednesday in the near future. Bruce needs to sign and upgrade the full backs.

Edited by edinburghowl