I get it wasn’t the most glamorous of cup ties today, but I just don’t get why the club would not open the Kop and instead have us not kicking towards our own fans at any point during the game. (Bar the sideways passing!)

Surely if it meant opening it up, but lowering the ticket prices, then that should happen. It might still only bring the same revenue in, but at least the players wouldn’t be kicking towards a sea of blue seats. 

Am I missing something? (Maybe there’s logic) 

Side note - fair play to Luton, that was a cracking following!

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Should have been Kop and South

Cup games where fans get displaced round the ground always get poor atmosphere

Hillsboroughs atmosphere is rarely anything other than poor anyway, Kop or no Kop 

31 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Stupid idea empty kop. No atmosphere from our fans, and giving them full end created "home" atmosphere for them.

Although the performance was hardly inspiring.

Yet another useless ref also!

Cant blame kop been closed for the atmosphere we didnt manage 1 song

44 minutes ago, ItzzOwl said:

I get it wasn’t the most glamorous of cup ties today, but I just don’t get why the club would not open the Kop and instead have us not kicking towards our own fans at any point during the game. (Bar the sideways passing!)

Surely if it meant opening it up, but lowering the ticket prices, then that should happen. It might still only bring the same revenue in, but at least the players wouldn’t be kicking towards a sea of blue seats. 

Am I missing something? (Maybe there’s logic) 

Side note - fair play to Luton, that was a cracking following!

Said the same in another thread. Must be strange for the players attacking an empty kop