Easy answer to overpriced tickets

7 minutes ago, The Captain said:

The I’m Alright Jacks of 2015/16/17 will be staying tight-lipped.  They won’t front up now.

I remember some of the glib put-downs well:

If you want quality, you have to pay for it.  If you can’t afford it, don’t go.  You’ll be back when we’re in the Premier League.

Cheap shots.  I hope they’re pleased with themselves.

It wouldn’t take a great deal of effort to dig up some of the embarrassing justifications of the disgusting ticket prices.  But that would be crass.  They know who they are anyway.

24 minutes ago, the monk said:

A good few on here were all for high ticket prices a couple of years back 

Wonder what their thoughts are now 

Couldn't agree more with the posts above. Wish I plus them more.

The only thing worse then the high prices were the I'm All Jack brigade smugly justifying them. 

11 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Simple answer to any ticket be it season ticket, away day ticket, cup ticket or POTD is, if it's to much, your struggling to afford it and the product doesn't match the price then simply don't buy one.

It's an easy thing to say if you can afford to support your club at rip off prices. If you can't then the reality of not being able to watch your team is hard to swallow.

Edited by archieswfc

11 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Was talking to a lapsed fan today; someone who still cares about the club but nowhere near what they used to just a few years ago when we had season tickets together. 

“Chansiri has turned it into a product. He’s increased the price and lowered the quality. He’s done a Toblerone; less for more. I don’t care enough to pay more for a broken product. The club is alien to me now.”

I think there are a lot of fans feeling the same. 

you run that danger, you can lose a fan in a few weeks, perhaps it takes months, but can you get them back once they leave?

9 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

You're allowed to receive £10000 in a tax year as gift. Chansiri has a database of fans who have bought tickets in the last year's as it's all automated now. Nothing stopping him giving money to people to buy their own tickets. He could easily give £800 to every fan who's bought a ticket and allow them to buy a season ticket priced at £799.99. That way he would have 32000 season ticket holders! That's £25,599,680 going back into the club. 

Nothing FFP can do about a guy paying out of his own money to fans! That money goes straight back in as ticket sales. This opens the door to 32000 people at Hillsborough on a match day who are more inclined to buy club merchandise because they have not had to pay for their tickets, thus increasing revenue further! 

he's spent more than he wanted, and the side is in worse position that stuart gray's was, he needs to get out.

10 hours ago, Gateford_Owl said:

I cannot plus this post enough. Seriously. The kids are our future and Chansiri is killing this due to nothing but pure extortion. 

There is simply no excuse for it no matter what the apologists say and the full fall out from this won't be apparent for 5-10 years...but believe me, we are severely compromising our position as Sheffield's biggest club by this continued policy of our so-called Chairman.

It's the treasured  " fan experience "  don't you know. lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

You're allowed to receive £10000 in a tax year as gift. Chansiri has a database of fans who have bought tickets in the last year's as it's all automated now. Nothing stopping him giving money to people to buy their own tickets. He could easily give £800 to every fan who's bought a ticket and allow them to buy a season ticket priced at £799.99. That way he would have 32000 season ticket holders! That's £25,599,680 going back into the club. 

Nothing FFP can do about a guy paying out of his own money to fans! That money goes straight back in as ticket sales. This opens the door to 32000 people at Hillsborough on a match day who are more inclined to buy club merchandise because they have not had to pay for their tickets, thus increasing revenue further! 

Think you would have to be very foolish to gift 10,000 people £800 each and trust them to get a season ticket and not just pocket the money.

58 minutes ago, dnhc said:

you run that danger, you can lose a fan in a few weeks, perhaps it takes months, but can you get them back once they leave?

Whether or consciously or not we were turned into a product: if you want success you have to pay more.  Irony is, had we been successful without the comment many fans would still have paid. 

To get a lapsed fan back you need charisma, which is something we are badly lacking. @Lee Strafford has his critics, and I was very vocal of my criticism of him until I sat down with him and talked to him in person. He got me invested in the club again when my patience was almost up. 

One thing about Lee and Milan; when they spoke, people listened. Even Carlos had that charisma until we realised most of what he was saying was rubbish. 

On my blog I have been saying for months that we need leadership on the pitch. I think we need leadership in the dugout becsuse Jos is a charisma void. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Whether or consciously or not we were turned into a product: if you want success you have to pay more.  Irony is, had we been successful without the comment many fans would still have paid. 

To get a lapsed fan back you need charisma, which is something we are badly lacking. @Lee Strafford has his critics, and I was very vocal of my criticism of him until I sat down with him and talked to him in person. He got me invested in the club again when my patience was almost up. 

One thing about Lee and Milan; when they spoke, people listened. Even Carlos had that charisma until we realised most of what he was saying was rubbish. 

On my blog I have been saying for months that we need leadership on the pitch. I think we need leadership in the dugout becsuse Jos is a charisma void. 

that irony is called 'value for money'.

13 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

We all dont like ticket prices for Football games ..

But Bolton have been ripping off us Wednesday fans for years ..

Not a nice stadium either .....

I just go in the home end (the other half is a Bolton fan) never had any reason to cheer so it’s all good. Think it was 2 tickets for £40 

Edited by owlmanc
  • Like 1

Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

To a degree. Football fans are generally willig to see price rises if they think the club is generally improving both on and off the field. The football can be poor but if results are solid most fans will accept it. 

I would have needed to see a VAST improvement to justify me paying £40+ a go on a regular basis.

you are correct with the latter highlighted part, however it didn't stop some fools wanting the back of Wilkinson.

Just now, dnhc said:

I would have needed to see a VAST improvement to justify me paying £40+ a go on a regular basis.

you are correct with the latter highlighted part, however it didn't stop some fools wanting the back of Wilkinson.

Agreed. I still would pay it if I saw the club was moving in the right direction long-term, rather than putting money on red and hoping for the best. 

The fail to grasp the concept of getting fans to come to games THEN getting them to spend money in the club shop, on food, programmes etc. It’s about having commercially forward thinking people. If the entry cost is lower or season ticket holders bring a friend for free/£10 the ground would be fuller and the add on sales would be there. If I was going to to Hillsborough as a POTG and it’s £35 I would know that I would add food etc on top of that and think like I have this season that it’s too expensive. For me to go to a game I’m looking at £60 (petrol, ticket, programme, food) I just can’t afford that. 

The high ticket price policy is either his idea, or he's been advised that he needed to raise the prices by his advisors for a reason.

Obviously FFP and revenue to support and offset the costs could be a reason, but if so, he has to do this in a sustainable way - a balance if you like.

If we carry on like we are, which will be in clear contravention of his survey outcome last January, we are in danger of losing several thousand ST holders and POTD is almost extinct.

If it wasn't for his 48 hr U-turn on membership prices in July, we might have had not potential fan-based revenue at all. 

This could lead to gates around 15K next season, with potential damage to future generations of fans. How would this tie into the CEO's plan of improving the fans match day experience to, "... look at more revenue streams." Why bother with the Meadowhall shop because they think there might be a market there, but at the same time turning that market away?

Why does he think having 50% of the executive boxes empty is a good idea - how does this tie into his strategy of revenue growth.

Him and his bizarre statements make little sense at all, and just compound an already confused and worrying picture.

35 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

To a degree. Football fans are generally willig to see price rises if they think the club is generally improving both on and off the field. The football can be poor but if results are solid most fans will accept it. 

True, which I guess is why so many season ticket holders were willing to sacrifice the occasional POTG fans who were unable or unwilling to pay the ridiculous prices being demanded. It should be said though that the fans willing to pay the higher prices had a reasonable expectation that the people running the club would be competent enough to realise that their insane transfer policy in the summer of 2016 and January 2017 would have severe FFP/P&S consequences if promotion wasn't achieved.