Easy answer to overpriced tickets

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Simple answer to any ticket be it season ticket, away day ticket, cup ticket or POTD is, if it's to much, your struggling to afford it and the product doesn't match the price then simply don't buy one.

That’s the Christmas spirit. 

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Simple answer to any ticket be it season ticket, away day ticket, cup ticket or POTD is, if it's to much, your struggling to afford it and the product doesn't match the price then simply don't buy one.

Think thats fair enough.

But then people shouldnt use WAWAW, and we are all in this together.

Chansiri should also not charge these prices and keep telling everyone we are all part of 'The Sheffield Wednesday Family'.

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think thats fair enough.

But then people shouldnt use WAWAW, and we are all in this together.

Chansiri should also not charge these prices and keep telling everyone we are all part of 'The Sheffield Wednesday Family'.

He has told us our money doesn't cover anything so why is he charging extortionate price.

38 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

If Chansiri is as rich as he says and only reason can't invest is FFP, then in theory what's stopping a rich owner buying all the tickets in his own name and giving them away! 

I have been saying this all year but no-one has an opinion on it.  Is it feasible? Has it genuinely not been though of at the top?

Was talking to a lapsed fan today; someone who still cares about the club but nowhere near what they used to just a few years ago when we had season tickets together. 

“Chansiri has turned it into a product. He’s increased the price and lowered the quality. He’s done a Toblerone; less for more. I don’t care enough to pay more for a broken product. The club is alien to me now.”

I think there are a lot of fans feeling the same. 

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Of course that's the simple answer. And then in 20 years when there are no fans left because we haven't attracted the next generation we won't have to worry about ticket prices because there will be no club.

I have taken the option of simply not buying them this year (before a ball was kicked and because of the £90 membership fiasco) so that's 2 kids who are not going to any games this season. No idea what I'm doing next season yet but I can't be the only ones whose kids are at risk of being lost forever instead of spending the next 80 years supporting the club long after DC has gone.

• Like 2

To some people on here - I will put it straight.

I felt worse at times in the late 2000's and early 2010's about the state of our club than I do now.

I still want to go to games and whatever the outcome of this season, I want to and will buy into next season because I think it will be better.

Lay into me for that if you wish, but I like football, and I love Wednesday.

You can't always get what you want, and not every team can be on the up at the same time.   For every winner there has to be a loser and we are losing right now, but our fortunes will change at some point - probably when the mistakes that have been made by Chansiri have expired and we can go again.

59 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Of course that's the simple answer. And then in 20 years when there are no fans left because we haven't attracted the next generation we won't have to worry about ticket prices because there will be no club.

I have taken the option of simply not buying them this year (before a ball was kicked and because of the £90 membership fiasco) so that's 2 kids who are not going to any games this season. No idea what I'm doing next season yet but I can't be the only ones whose kids are at risk of being lost forever instead of spending the next 80 years supporting the club long after DC has gone.

I cannot plus this post enough. Seriously. The kids are our future and Chansiri is killing this due to nothing but pure extortion. 

There is simply no excuse for it no matter what the apologists say and the full fall out from this won't be apparent for 5-10 years...but believe me, we are severely compromising our position as Sheffield's biggest club by this continued policy of our so-called Chairman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

If Chansiri is as rich as he says and only reason can't invest is FFP, then in theory what's stopping a rich owner buying all the tickets in his own name and giving them away! 

Or at least buy all the unsold tickets as a way around FFP...

Edited by bobness

He's in a catch 22 in many ways. I've already got my ST for next season (I know, I know, but it seemed a good idea at the time). Personally I'd take the hit if he lowered potg prices but I know many would feel betrayed. If he refunded part of the ST fee that would be a nice gesture but if an increase in numbers coming in didn't cover the shortfall financially it may cause problems with FFP and delay us being able to spend in the future, let alone points deduction.

So we've blown it, without some very creative accounting.

We need my mrs in charge. She constantly tells me she saved a fortune by spending money !

• Haha 2